PDA

View Full Version : I will never go to Home Depot again! (sorry it's so long)

cmdunn1972
06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
DH wasn't in much of a mood to go out anywhere today, but I wanted to go out for lunch, so we did. Afterwards, we decided to stop by Home Depot (store #4105) to use up a gift card and purchase a house number plaque. (We get a lot of comments that our house numbers aren't visible enough from the street, and we're trying to rectify that.) So, we stopped for what was supposed to be a "quick trip" since we only needed one thing. Unfortunately, the trip was anything but quick!

We found the order forms for the house numbers, no problem, and filled them out. The sign says to find an associate to enter the info into the computer. The idea is that the associate then hands you the invoice which you bring to the checkout. I guess we got the guy who doesn't know how to do his job because he said, "Oh! You can bring this to customer service." All he did was double-check that we had everything filled out properly, but he didn't appear to know much better than I did. Uh, thanks. <eyeroll> From there, the fun begins.

At the customer service desk, there were two registers, but both of them had "customer service" reps who were helping other customers. That wouldn't have been a problem, since I'm usually happy to wait my turn, but not once did another manager come around and offer to open another register to get those of us who were waiting through the lines quicker. (Did I mention that we were in line for about an hour?!?) While we waited, we noticed a lot of disturbing things about how that HD is run.

The customer in front of us was there to special order something from the Garden department. The CR rep needed to contact someone at Garden for some information. She called on the phone, but no one answered her phone. So, she called the Asst Mgr of the store. He also didn't answer his phone. However, he happened to walk by a few minutes later. You'd think he'd walk over to Garden to find out what in the devil was going on. I guess that was too much to ask, because all he did was call Garden. When - DUH! - no one answered, he threw his hands in the air and said he didn't think he could do anything about it. (Hey, manager dude! I'VE got an idea! How about WALKING over there and grabbing the person off the floor and detaining them into their office and suggest that if they don't do something as simple as answer the phone that they could lose their jobs?!?)

So, the end result was that we had to wait behind these people for our turn. Lucky us! <eyeroll>

At this point, DS was growing impatient, so I took him to our car and waited out there for DH to finish up. Incidentally, there's also a creepy CR rep who was hanging around who always asks us if he can hold DS. WTH?!? More motivation to leave already. The rest fo the story I got from DH after he got to the car.

When it came to our turn, there were a few pertinent numbers apparently missing from the form. (Remember how we flagged a dept associate to double-check the form so that this wouldn't happen?!?) She didn't know what number belonged there, so she tried to call someone. THEY didn't answer their phones either, so she ended up just entering zeros.

Eventually, DH got all finished with his order. He didn't reem them a new one, but when the CR rep said that his gift card was used up and that it would be delivered directly to our house so we didn't have to go there again, DH said "Thank God!" under his breath. She seemed surprised at his frustration and just said, "Sorry."

Total time at Home Depot: 2 hours.
Total number of items purchased: 1

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972
DH wasn't in much of a mood to go out anywhere today, but I wanted to go out for lunch, so we did. Afterwards, we decided to stop by Home Depot (store #4105) to use up a gift card and purchase a house number plaque. (We get a lot of comments that our house numbers aren't visible enough from the street, and we're trying to rectify that.) So, we stopped for what was supposed to be a "quick trip" since we only needed one thing. Unfortunately, the trip was anything but quick!

We found the order forms for the house numbers, no problem, and filled them out. The sign says to find an associate to enter the info into the computer. The idea is that the associate then hands you the invoice which you bring to the checkout. I guess we got the guy who doesn't know how to do his job because he said, "Oh! You can bring this to customer service." All he did was double-check that we had everything filled out properly, but he didn't appear to know much better than I did. Uh, thanks. <eyeroll> From there, the fun begins.

At the customer service desk, there were two registers, but both of them had "customer service" reps who were helping other customers. That wouldn't have been a problem, since I'm usually happy to wait my turn, but not once did another manager come around and offer to open another register to get those of us who were waiting through the lines quicker. (Did I mention that we were in line for about an hour?!?) While we waited, we noticed a lot of disturbing things about how that HD is run.

The customer in front of us was there to special order something from the Garden department. The CR rep needed to contact someone at Garden for some information. She called on the phone, but no one answered her phone. So, she called the Asst Mgr of the store. He also didn't answer his phone. However, he happened to walk by a few minutes later. You'd think he'd walk over to Garden to find out what in the devil was going on. I guess that was too much to ask, because all he did was call Garden. When - DUH! - no one answered, he threw his hands in the air and said he didn't think he could do anything about it. (Hey, manager dude! I'VE got an idea! How about WALKING over there and grabbing the person off the floor and detaining them into their office and suggest that if they don't do something as simple as answer the phone that they could lose their jobs?!?)

So, the end result was that we had to wait behind these people for our turn. Lucky us! <eyeroll>

At this point, DS was growing impatient, so I took him to our car and waited out there for DH to finish up. Incidentally, there's also a creepy CR rep who was hanging around who always asks us if he can hold DS. WTH?!? More motivation to leave already. The rest fo the story I got from DH after he got to the car.

When it came to our turn, there were a few pertinent numbers apparently missing from the form. (Remember how we flagged a dept associate to double-check the form so that this wouldn't happen?!?) She didn't know what number belonged there, so she tried to call someone. THEY didn't answer their phones either, so she ended up just entering zeros.

Eventually, DH got all finished with his order. He didn't reem them a new one, but when the CR rep said that his gift card was used up and that it would be delivered directly to our house so we didn't have to go there again, DH said "Thank God!" under his breath. She seemed surprised at his frustration and just said, "Sorry."

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972

Unbelievable!!!

oliviasmomma
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't suprise me. I worked at HD for a year after we married and it was crazy. They don't schedule enough people to cover the customers in the store, managers refuse to do anything to help associates, and customers often leave mad. I have a friend that still works there at the service desk. Most nights she works she is alone at the desk with 4 phones. Since customers can't find anyone to help in their department, they go to her desk. I don't know how she keeps from crying at work.

HD is a terrible company. They are trying to maximize profits by understaffing, but the result is grumpy staff and fewer customers. We don't even bother going in anymore.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here!

oliviasmomma
Unfortunately this doesn't suprise me. I worked at HD for a year after we married and it was crazy. They don't schedule enough people to cover the customers in the store, managers refuse to do anything to help associates, and customers often leave mad. I have a friend that still works there at the service desk. Most nights she works she is alone at the desk with 4 phones. Since customers can't find anyone to help in their department, they go to her desk. I don't know how she keeps from crying at work.

HD is a terrible company. They are trying to maximize profits by understaffing, but the result is grumpy staff and fewer customers. We don't even bother going in anymore.

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

buddyleebaby
06-24-2006, 03:52 PM
I have had HORRIBLE experiences at home depot so I feel your pain.
I was on the verge of smaking a customer service rep once she was SO RUDE (of course I didn't). It mafe me mad enough to never go back to the store again, andmost others who have been to that particular store agree with me.
OTOH, I found one on Long Island and it was a totally different experience. Everyone was helpful, the store was organized, etc. So I really think it depends on the individual store.

Crossing my fingers for you that your plaque arrives as desired and in one piece!

buddyleebaby
I was on the verge of smaking a customer service rep once she was SO RUDE (of course I didn't). It mafe me mad enough to never go back to the store again, andmost others who have been to that particular store agree with me.
OTOH, I found one on Long Island and it was a totally different experience. Everyone was helpful, the store was organized, etc. So I really think it depends on the individual store.

Crossing my fingers for you that your plaque arrives as desired and in one piece!

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

cmdunn1972
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I didn't mention this before, but there was a woman behind us in line who used to work for HD. She said that, often, associates don't do the required training. This is bad enough, but management feels they can't enforce it because they ALSO don't go through the required training. (Not sure if this is true just for my location, or for others as well.)

cmdunn1972
I didn't mention this before, but there was a woman behind us in line who used to work for HD. She said that, often, associates don't do the required training. This is bad enough, but management feels they can't enforce it because they ALSO don't go through the required training. (Not sure if this is true just for my location, or for others as well.)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I hope so too.

I won't hesitate to tear them a new one if the order comes back wrong.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

cmdunn1972
Yeah, I hope so too.

oliviasmomma
06-24-2006, 07:55 PM
It is true. They have some great training available, but it was like pulling teeth to be able to go because the salary they pay to send you to training comes off the bottom line for the week.

In addition, the common practice is to have one person cover two or three departments--but they are only trained in one! For example, I was often given the plumbing or electrical phone and told to cover those departments--but I know absolutely nothing about those areas. It was humiliating! Other than knowing how to cut wire or point out where the toilet seats are I had no idea. I would have gladly learned, but when? How? I felt badly for the people who just needed someone to help them and got stuck with me--sheesh. One guy asked me "Do you know anything?" I have a BA and have taught school, but no, I really don't know much about how to replace a toilet.

Of course, you can train people in product knowledge, but if they continue to employ people who just plain treat customers badly, they will loose even more of their market share, kwim?

oliviasmomma
It is true. They have some great training available, but it was like pulling teeth to be able to go because the salary they pay to send you to training comes off the bottom line for the week.

In addition, the common practice is to have one person cover two or three departments--but they are only trained in one! For example, I was often given the plumbing or electrical phone and told to cover those departments--but I know absolutely nothing about those areas. It was humiliating! Other than knowing how to cut wire or point out where the toilet seats are I had no idea. I would have gladly learned, but when? How? I felt badly for the people who just needed someone to help them and got stuck with me--sheesh. One guy asked me "Do you know anything?" I have a BA and have taught school, but no, I really don't know much about how to replace a toilet.

Of course, you can train people in product knowledge, but if they continue to employ people who just plain treat customers badly, they will loose even more of their market share, kwim?

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

oliviasmomma

table4three
06-24-2006, 07:58 PM
I've personally had enough of HD. After waiting in that CS line for nearly an hour myself merely to obtain some door handles they had placed on hold for me, I refuse to waste my time there now. There is an Ace Hardware a few towns over with staff who bend over backwards to greet, help you find things, offer to put your items at the counter while you continue to shop if you look overloaded, carry the items to your car, etc, etc. So, for me, it is now worth the drive to go to a store where people are actually helpful and friendly.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

table4three
I've personally had enough of HD. After waiting in that CS line for nearly an hour myself merely to obtain some door handles they had placed on hold for me, I refuse to waste my time there now. There is an Ace Hardware a few towns over with staff who bend over backwards to greet, help you find things, offer to put your items at the counter while you continue to shop if you look overloaded, carry the items to your car, etc, etc. So, for me, it is now worth the drive to go to a store where people are actually helpful and friendly.

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

matthewsmom
06-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I also refuse to go to Home Depot if I can help it. I've had so many bad experiences with them. There is a Strosneiders in our area so we go there. I've had such good experience there because the minute you walk in, there are a few associates waiting to help you. It's well worth the extra cost.

matthewsmom
I also refuse to go to Home Depot if I can help it. I've had so many bad experiences with them. There is a Strosneiders in our area so we go there. I've had such good experience there because the minute you walk in, there are a few associates waiting to help you. It's well worth the extra cost.

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

matthewsmom

cmdunn1972
06-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I would have gone to Lowes since there's a decent one not far away, but we had a HD gift card to use up.

I already avoided going to HD anyway since I got tired of dealing with "creepy guy" wanting to pick up DS every time I would go there with him. (What's up with THAT?!?) Once, I asked "creepy guy" if he had kids, but he said "no". Makes one wonder.

cmdunn1972
I would have gone to Lowes since there's a decent one not far away, but we had a HD gift card to use up.

I already avoided going to HD anyway since I got tired of dealing with "creepy guy" wanting to pick up DS every time I would go there with him. (What's up with THAT?!?) Once, I asked "creepy guy" if he had kids, but he said "no". Makes one wonder.

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Add me to the list of Home Depot boycotters. Last time I was there the 50ish man that was helping me mentioned that he also does massage in people's homes. ICK!!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Add me to the list of Home Depot boycotters. Last time I was there the 50ish man that was helping me mentioned that he also does massage in people's homes. ICK!!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

Aunt to sweet baby boy
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM
I ordered new blinds from home depot for 3 rooms in my house about a year ago. We paid and they were supposed to have them ready by the next friday. The person called on Friday and said they would come between 12-2. At 4 the person came but only with the blinds for 1 room. He puts them in and the proceeds to say that he is booked up for the rest of the month and he has no idea where the other blinds are. After about 5 phone calls to the woman who sold us the blinds she arranged to have someone come with the blinds about 2 weeks later rather than 4. Once again they showed up about 2-3 hours late.

That was the last time i was at home depot.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

Aunt to sweet baby boy
I ordered new blinds from home depot for 3 rooms in my house about a year ago. We paid and they were supposed to have them ready by the next friday. The person called on Friday and said they would come between 12-2. At 4 the person came but only with the blinds for 1 room. He puts them in and the proceeds to say that he is booked up for the rest of the month and he has no idea where the other blinds are. After about 5 phone calls to the woman who sold us the blinds she arranged to have someone come with the blinds about 2 weeks later rather than 4. Once again they showed up about 2-3 hours late.

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

Aunt to sweet baby boy

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I've got nothing against massage therapy, but it's totally inappropriate to mention one's side occupation while at your daytime job. Besides, it seems that the guy used that as a pick-up line!

cmdunn1972
I've got nothing against massage therapy, but it's totally inappropriate to mention one's side occupation while at your daytime job. Besides, it seems that the guy used that as a pick-up line!

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm a little nervous that the order will be either lost or processed incorrectly since the CR rep didn't know what codes to use when she put it in the computer. When DH told me about that, I was furious since I chased down the department associate to avoid that hassle in the first place.

How they stay in business is beyond me!

cmdunn1972
I'm a little nervous that the order will be either lost or processed incorrectly since the CR rep didn't know what codes to use when she put it in the computer. When DH told me about that, I was furious since I chased down the department associate to avoid that hassle in the first place.

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 09:17 AM
That's great that there are still some smaller chains that haven't been edged out by the giants. I'm getting nostalgic for the DC 'burbs now, despite the high cost of living!

cmdunn1972
That's great that there are still some smaller chains that haven't been edged out by the giants. I'm getting nostalgic for the DC 'burbs now, despite the high cost of living!

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Hmmm... I've got an idea for HD! If all they want is a warm body, not necessarily trained, to staff the departments there are probably some chimpanzees out there who are unemployed and looking for a job. I doubt they ask for much more than a few bananas for compensation, either. ;)

There are some projects that you have to just do in order to be familiar with them. For instance, a BS in Geography isn't going to teach me how to replace a light switch, but spending 8 hours with DH to replace the switches in the hall would teach you a lot!

cmdunn1972
Hmmm... I've got an idea for HD! If all they want is a warm body, not necessarily trained, to staff the departments there are probably some chimpanzees out there who are unemployed and looking for a job. I doubt they ask for much more than a few bananas for compensation, either. ;)

There are some projects that you have to just do in order to be familiar with them. For instance, a BS in Geography isn't going to teach me how to replace a light switch, but spending 8 hours with DH to replace the switches in the hall would teach you a lot!

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

ellies mom
06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I would complain to management about the guy asking to hold your child. That is completely unacceptable.

I prefer Lowes, but Home Depot does carry some stuff that Lowes doesn't so I do go in there. I feel pretty bad for the people that cover the blinds section because they are always working by themselves and covering more that one area so they have to ignore the rest of the customers to cut blinds. Of course, I'm the one needing cut blinds so feel free to blame me the next time you can't find help. ;)

ellies mom
I would complain to management about the guy asking to hold your child. That is completely unacceptable.

I prefer Lowes, but Home Depot does carry some stuff that Lowes doesn't so I do go in there. I feel pretty bad for the people that cover the blinds section because they are always working by themselves and covering more that one area so they have to ignore the rest of the customers to cut blinds. Of course, I'm the one needing cut blinds so feel free to blame me the next time you can't find help. ;)

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

firstbaby
06-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Add us to the list of HD boycotters. We went to buy a lawn mower there a few years ago. An associate helped us select the mower and then put it together for us. When DH got to the register, it rang up for the more expensive mower - not the one we picked out. So another associate came up front, wheeled the mower away and told DH "That's the more expensive mower, chief". DH was furious! When the associate overheard DH repeat his comment to me, he CONFRONTED DH saying "If you have a problem with me, you need to tell me". WTF!!! So, DH said he thought it was inappropriate to be called chief and the associate asked what he thought he should have called him. DH replied "I am the customer - you should call me sir.". The associate replied "I will never call you sir". DH was livid at that point and asked to speak with the manager. 15 minutes later an assistant manager comes strolling up. DH told him the story and the manager asked what DH wanted him to do about it. DH said he thought an apology from the associate would be a good starting point and the manager said he couldn't get the associate to do anything he didn't want to do on his own. We left at that point. DH even called their "Customer Care Line" and never heard back. We haven't been back...

firstbaby
Add us to the list of HD boycotters. We went to buy a lawn mower there a few years ago. An associate helped us select the mower and then put it together for us. When DH got to the register, it rang up for the more expensive mower - not the one we picked out. So another associate came up front, wheeled the mower away and told DH "That's the more expensive mower, chief". DH was furious! When the associate overheard DH repeat his comment to me, he CONFRONTED DH saying "If you have a problem with me, you need to tell me". WTF!!! So, DH said he thought it was inappropriate to be called chief and the associate asked what he thought he should have called him. DH replied "I am the customer - you should call me sir.". The associate replied "I will never call you sir". DH was livid at that point and asked to speak with the manager. 15 minutes later an assistant manager comes strolling up. DH told him the story and the manager asked what DH wanted him to do about it. DH said he thought an apology from the associate would be a good starting point and the manager said he couldn't get the associate to do anything he didn't want to do on his own. We left at that point. DH even called their "Customer Care Line" and never heard back. We haven't been back...

firstbaby

firstbaby

firstbaby

firstbaby

firstbaby

firstbaby

firstbaby

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 01:56 PM
LOL Veronica, I promise not to get "HD Rage" in the blinds dept. ;)

I'd complain to management except that I honestly can't see myself in there ever again after yesterday's experience. Besides it being freaky, the guy was opening himself to all kids of liability in case something would go wrong. (As if I'd let him hold my child in the first place. Not a chance!)

FG (Freak Guy) was hanging around the service desk while we were there. It's one of the reasons I left with DS so quickly.

cmdunn1972

I'd complain to management except that I honestly can't see myself in there ever again after yesterday's experience. Besides it being freaky, the guy was opening himself to all kids of liability in case something would go wrong. (As if I'd let him hold my child in the first place. Not a chance!)

FG (Freak Guy) was hanging around the service desk while we were there. It's one of the reasons I left with DS so quickly.

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow! I think I opened up a can of worms by starting this thread. (Makes me wonder if we'd find more HD horror stories in the "New House" section.)

Don't blame you for never going back. I wouldn't either.

cmdunn1972
Wow! I think I opened up a can of worms by starting this thread. (Makes me wonder if we'd find more HD horror stories in the "New House" section.)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

nfowife
06-26-2006, 08:23 PM
We also avoid HD whenever possible. We have quite a bit of stock in the company so we used to always try to give them our business whenever possible. When we moved into our home last year, I ordered my entire house of blinds from them when they were having a 50% sale on special order blinds....I spent over $2K! Anyhow, long story short, on most of them I either got the wrong color, size, or they were backordered so long that I ended up having to wait MONTHS for a few of the windows. It was horrible!! DD ended up sleeping in my master closet for over a month because she had no window coverings in her room (other than cheapy paper blinds that don't block any light). We've been selling off the stock to balance our portfolio, and shopping at Lowe's much more often. They just have much better CS, hands down.

nfowife
We also avoid HD whenever possible. We have quite a bit of stock in the company so we used to always try to give them our business whenever possible. When we moved into our home last year, I ordered my entire house of blinds from them when they were having a 50% sale on special order blinds....I spent over $2K! Anyhow, long story short, on most of them I either got the wrong color, size, or they were backordered so long that I ended up having to wait MONTHS for a few of the windows. It was horrible!! DD ended up sleeping in my master closet for over a month because she had no window coverings in her room (other than cheapy paper blinds that don't block any light). We've been selling off the stock to balance our portfolio, and shopping at Lowe's much more often. They just have much better CS, hands down.

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

bunnisa
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Lowe's is SOOOOOO much better! The SAs actually are available and knowledgeable about their products. They're all very helpful, too.

Besides, Lowe's has a better selection. :)

Bethany
blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

bunnisa
Lowe's is SOOOOOO much better! The SAs actually are available and knowledgeable about their products. They're all very helpful, too.

Bethany

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

bunnisa

Bethany

-Justin Torres

cmdunn1972
06-26-2006, 09:57 PM
That's a pretty serious mistake on their part to treat a customer so badly that they not only lose their business, but their stock as well. Did you put the sold off stock into Lowes instead? ;)

Your poor DD, sleeping in the closet. (I assume it's a walk-in.)

Hmmm... If everybody did that it would be pretty effective!

cmdunn1972
That's a pretty serious mistake on their part to treat a customer so badly that they not only lose their business, but their stock as well. Did you put the sold off stock into Lowes instead? ;)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I like the Lowes near us. I learned something crazy about it, though. I was talking (venting) about my experience to the manager of our local Wegmans, who I'm on a first-name basis with. He said that most of the people who work at our Lowes worked there after being fired from Wegmans for various offenses. (One person who is a dept manager at Lowes, for instance, got fired from Wegmans because he called a customer a b__ch. I was floored.)

That said, I have never had a problem at Lowes.

cmdunn1972
I like the Lowes near us. I learned something crazy about it, though. I was talking (venting) about my experience to the manager of our local Wegmans, who I'm on a first-name basis with. He said that most of the people who work at our Lowes worked there after being fired from Wegmans for various offenses. (One person who is a dept manager at Lowes, for instance, got fired from Wegmans because he called a customer a b__ch. I was floored.)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

Melanie
06-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I hear you. I've seen the same thing. We drive out of our way to go to Lowe's.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

cmdunn1972
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Melanie. So, I guess I'm not crazy and it's not just me. :)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972