PDA

View Full Version : I'm blue

buddyleebaby
06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
A few weeks ago, my dh's aunt, uncle, and cousin applied for visitors' visas to come to the U.S. and were approved! They (and we) were SO excited and were waiting for the visas to arrive so we could see how long they were allowed to stay. We started getting the money together to pay for their tickets here, and planning all the fun stiff we could do with dh's cousin (he's 7).
So the letter came in the mail and it asked them to return to the state department and bring such and such a paper (which they had already brought on their first visit). So they go again and this time are told, sorry, no visas, come back in a year.
So dh's aunt has been crying all day (she hasn't seen MIL in 20 years, because MIL is here), dh is disappointed, I'm disappointed, and the worst part is, Dh's cousin is crying and asking everyone why Americans don't want him because he tries very hard to be a good boy (and he IS such a swwet kid.) It just breaks my heart because he's really too young to understand, and he was SO excited for two weeks making plans and now this.
Ugh. It would have been better if they had just been rejected straight off.

buddyleebaby
A few weeks ago, my dh's aunt, uncle, and cousin applied for visitors' visas to come to the U.S. and were approved! They (and we) were SO excited and were waiting for the visas to arrive so we could see how long they were allowed to stay. We started getting the money together to pay for their tickets here, and planning all the fun stiff we could do with dh's cousin (he's 7).
So the letter came in the mail and it asked them to return to the state department and bring such and such a paper (which they had already brought on their first visit). So they go again and this time are told, sorry, no visas, come back in a year.
So dh's aunt has been crying all day (she hasn't seen MIL in 20 years, because MIL is here), dh is disappointed, I'm disappointed, and the worst part is, Dh's cousin is crying and asking everyone why Americans don't want him because he tries very hard to be a good boy (and he IS such a swwet kid.) It just breaks my heart because he's really too young to understand, and he was SO excited for two weeks making plans and now this.

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

cmdunn1972
06-24-2006, 09:51 PM
OMG, Alicia. <Hugs> I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!

It stinks when this sort of thing happens.

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

karolyp
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM
As a person who has gone through more immigration issues than you care to hear about, I can tell you first hand that they STINK!!!!

So sorry to hear about your disapointment and my heart goes out to your DH's cousin. Hopefully, they'll be able to come next year.

karolyp
As a person who has gone through more immigration issues than you care to hear about, I can tell you first hand that they STINK!!!!

So sorry to hear about your disapointment and my heart goes out to your DH's cousin. Hopefully, they'll be able to come next year.

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Man , that is heartbreaking! How could a little boy ever understand that one? So sorry to hear this.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Man , that is heartbreaking! How could a little boy ever understand that one? So sorry to hear this.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

sidmand
06-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry. That's awful. The poor little guy...and poor everyone.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

trumansmom
06-24-2006, 11:15 PM
What a heartbreaking situation! I'm so sorry.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

mamato1
06-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Alicia-

That really stinks. My heart is breaking for your DH's cousin. What a crummy thing to happen.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

mamato1
Alicia-

That really stinks. My heart is breaking for your DH's cousin. What a crummy thing to happen.

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

mamato1
Alicia-

Chris

buddyleebaby
06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks, everybody. I just really feel for them because coming to the US even for a visit is SUCH a big deal to them. I didn;t even fully inderstand it until I saw how things were in their hometown. (Dh's aunt was excited about being able to come shop at a dollar store, if that's any indication.)
I'm thinking of sending dh's cousin a little care package in hopes that it will cheer him up. What do you think a seven year old would want from the U.S.?

buddyleebaby
Thanks, everybody. I just really feel for them because coming to the US even for a visit is SUCH a big deal to them. I didn;t even fully inderstand it until I saw how things were in their hometown. (Dh's aunt was excited about being able to come shop at a dollar store, if that's any indication.)
I'm thinking of sending dh's cousin a little care package in hopes that it will cheer him up. What do you think a seven year old would want from the U.S.?

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

aliceinwonderland
06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
There really is no rhyme or logic to the visa process, and I am so sorry you're dealing with it. My parents get them every year, for 10 years now, yet my little sister was denied 3 times, and had to miss my wedding :( :(

She was finally granted one, even though nothing in her status changed...

I am so sorry you're dealing with this, it is very sad and infuriating...

aliceinwonderland
There really is no rhyme or logic to the visa process, and I am so sorry you're dealing with it. My parents get them every year, for 10 years now, yet my little sister was denied 3 times, and had to miss my wedding :( :(

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

buddyleebaby
06-25-2006, 09:47 PM
That seems to be the case for my dh's family as well.
His grandparents get approved but all his aunts, uncles, and cousins have been denied year after year.
I'm sorry your sister had to miss your wedding.

buddyleebaby
His grandparents get approved but all his aunts, uncles, and cousins have been denied year after year.

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

mommy111
06-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Ugh, I'm so sorry!
But, to answer your question, a remote control car!! I used to love those at 7 and I'm not even a guy! When my parents were working overseas, kids there would be very envious of my American radio controlled cars. (That was an old memory your post brought up there, still brings a smile to my face!)

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!
But, to answer your question, a remote control car!! I used to love those at 7 and I'm not even a guy! When my parents were working overseas, kids there would be very envious of my American radio controlled cars. (That was an old memory your post brought up there, still brings a smile to my face!)

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

mommy111
Ugh, I'm so sorry!

karolyp
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I can only speak from my experiences (my IL are from the middle east) and they LOVE to get things like: typical American candy like Hershey's chocolate, starburst, kitkats; or nike shoes and levi jeans.

Anyhow, I hope these ideas help. But you're right, coming to the US is a BIG once in a lifetime opportunity for some, but like Eri said, US immigration has NO rhyme or reason to their decision making - it all pretty much boils down to the attitude/mood of the person stamping the documents - pretty sad IMHO.

karolyp
I can only speak from my experiences (my IL are from the middle east) and they LOVE to get things like: typical American candy like Hershey's chocolate, starburst, kitkats; or nike shoes and levi jeans.

Anyhow, I hope these ideas help. But you're right, coming to the US is a BIG once in a lifetime opportunity for some, but like Eri said, US immigration has NO rhyme or reason to their decision making - it all pretty much boils down to the attitude/mood of the person stamping the documents - pretty sad IMHO.

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

mommy_someday
06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
and the worst part is, Dh's cousin is crying and
>asking everyone why Americans don't want him because he tries
>very hard to be a good boy (and he IS such a swwet kid.)

Okay, that breaks my heart, too! Poor little guy... It must be so disappointing to have planned such a huge event, only to have the whole thing fall apart at the last minute. I'm so sorry that your ILs were denied visas. I hope they are able to come visit soon. ((hugs)) to you all. :(

mommy_someday

Okay, that breaks my heart, too! Poor little guy... It must be so disappointing to have planned such a huge event, only to have the whole thing fall apart at the last minute. I'm so sorry that your ILs were denied visas. I hope they are able to come visit soon. ((hugs)) to you all. :(

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday