PDA

View Full Version : Bah... hubby said I'm mental/competitive

Radosti
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
OK, not really a bitch so much as I'm surprised he sees me that way. It's no surprise to me that I am a competitive person by nature. It's just weird to me that he put it that way. We were driving somewhere this past weekend and I was telling him about the milk donation stuff. And then, I proudly said that it's only been a week and I already had 75 oz more in the freezer. He did a little half-laugh. I asked him what that was for. He said, it's funny that you are mental like that. I was offended, so he clarified that I'm competitive. I know I can donate the milk, so I try to see how much I can give them, get more out. I know I can place dogs, so I try to see how many I can save. It's not bad. It's just me.

I am bothered by this for some reason.

Radosti
OK, not really a bitch so much as I'm surprised he sees me that way. It's no surprise to me that I am a competitive person by nature. It's just weird to me that he put it that way. We were driving somewhere this past weekend and I was telling him about the milk donation stuff. And then, I proudly said that it's only been a week and I already had 75 oz more in the freezer. He did a little half-laugh. I asked him what that was for. He said, it's funny that you are mental like that. I was offended, so he clarified that I'm competitive. I know I can donate the milk, so I try to see how much I can give them, get more out. I know I can place dogs, so I try to see how many I can save. It's not bad. It's just me.

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

abigailsmom
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Well if it helps any... I have similar ways. I justify my ways by telling myself 'as long as it is for the good of others.' It sounds like you competitive nature is helping humans and animals alike.

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom
Well if it helps any... I have similar ways. I justify my ways by telling myself 'as long as it is for the good of others.' It sounds like you competitive nature is helping humans and animals alike.

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

abigailsmom

Good job Mama!!!

elliput
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I hope you don't mind my saying this, but your DH was a major moron. I fail to see how your being able to provide milk for donation is either mental or competitive. Is the left breast competing with the right? Okay, Righty, I'm gonna out produce you today! BWAHAHAHA!

What you are doing is accomplishment, not competition. Men just don't get it sometimes, and I think you are justified in being bothered by his comments.

elliput
I hope you don't mind my saying this, but your DH was a major moron. I fail to see how your being able to provide milk for donation is either mental or competitive. Is the left breast competing with the right? Okay, Righty, I'm gonna out produce you today! BWAHAHAHA!

What you are doing is accomplishment, not competition. Men just don't get it sometimes, and I think you are justified in being bothered by his comments.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

deenass
06-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Oh honey, if only the worl had more "competitive" people like you, it would be an incredible place!!!!

deenass
Oh honey, if only the worl had more "competitive" people like you, it would be an incredible place!!!!

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

Lovingliv
06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with being competitive! When I was pumping my DH would say the same kind of things to me! Be proud of your accomplishments,,,,,and the wonderful things you do for dogs and people! You go Mama!!!!

Lovingliv
Hey, nothing wrong with being competitive! When I was pumping my DH would say the same kind of things to me! Be proud of your accomplishments,,,,,and the wonderful things you do for dogs and people! You go Mama!!!!

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

maestramommy
06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, if I were able to pump 75 oz dh would say something like, "Be-SSIE!" I always moo when I pump a lot, and he calls me Bessie.

Don't bother being bothered. I think it's awesome that you can make enough to donate, and it doesn't really sound competitive to me. Why shouldn't you be proud? There's a difference.

maestramommy
Hmmm, if I were able to pump 75 oz dh would say something like, "Be-SSIE!" I always moo when I pump a lot, and he calls me Bessie.

Don't bother being bothered. I think it's awesome that you can make enough to donate, and it doesn't really sound competitive to me. Why shouldn't you be proud? There's a difference.

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

Radosti
06-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Hehe, I freeze 4oz in the morning and 4oz at night. Those are my two pumping sessions. I usually get 4-6 oz per pump (I only pump the right side since I accidentally almost weaned Aaron on the right side, so I'm using pumping to build/maintain supply). A lot of times, I just stop pumping at 4 oz because that's all the freezer bottle takes. If I do end up taking a couple more ounces, I just use it to mix up baby food or to remind Aaron what it's like to drink milk out of a bottle (he drinks juice/water mixture out of a bottle normally).

So, it's really not as much as it seems. Plus, two weeks ago we had a wedding to go to and I left my mom Aaron's dinner and 7oz of milk in a bottle (he drank 5 of the 7 ounces and the rest was wasted). This Sunday we have another wedding, but this time I'll need to leave a lot more since it's a daytime wedding that's a 2 hour drive from here. So, I won't be freezing milk starting Friday night until Sunday night.

Radosti
Hehe, I freeze 4oz in the morning and 4oz at night. Those are my two pumping sessions. I usually get 4-6 oz per pump (I only pump the right side since I accidentally almost weaned Aaron on the right side, so I'm using pumping to build/maintain supply). A lot of times, I just stop pumping at 4 oz because that's all the freezer bottle takes. If I do end up taking a couple more ounces, I just use it to mix up baby food or to remind Aaron what it's like to drink milk out of a bottle (he drinks juice/water mixture out of a bottle normally).

So, it's really not as much as it seems. Plus, two weeks ago we had a wedding to go to and I left my mom Aaron's dinner and 7oz of milk in a bottle (he drank 5 of the 7 ounces and the rest was wasted). This Sunday we have another wedding, but this time I'll need to leave a lot more since it's a daytime wedding that's a 2 hour drive from here. So, I won't be freezing milk starting Friday night until Sunday night.

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

janeybwild
06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I agree with the others, this isn't competitiveness, its taking pride in your accomplishments. If only more woman would do that! Way to go mama.

janeybwild
I agree with the others, this isn't competitiveness, its taking pride in your accomplishments. If only more woman would do that! Way to go mama.

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild