PDA

View Full Version : Just another eBay vent from me...

Melanie
06-27-2006, 10:17 AM
PEOPLE, PLEASE! There is no reason, let me repeat that, NO REASON to bid on an auction in the last hour or two. You are only driving up the price for me, for you, for the gal with the deep pockets who bids anyhow. If you are going to bid at the end, DO IT AT THE END.

It just boggles my mind why people do this.

Melanie
PEOPLE, PLEASE! There is no reason, let me repeat that, NO REASON to bid on an auction in the last hour or two. You are only driving up the price for me, for you, for the gal with the deep pockets who bids anyhow. If you are going to bid at the end, DO IT AT THE END.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

EllasMum
06-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I feel your pain! I hate when this happens! Just to play the devil's advocate here - if you only find the posting in the last hour or so and want to get a bid in and can't wait for the last few minutes, there's not much you can do. I missed out on a very cute HA dress that I wanted for DD for this very reason. :( Made a bid about an hour before and then got outbid anyway. Sometimes I hate eBay!! ;)

EllasMum
I feel your pain! I hate when this happens! Just to play the devil's advocate here - if you only find the posting in the last hour or so and want to get a bid in and can't wait for the last few minutes, there's not much you can do. I missed out on a very cute HA dress that I wanted for DD for this very reason. :( Made a bid about an hour before and then got outbid anyway. Sometimes I hate eBay!! ;)

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

VClute
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Sure there's something you can do! Use a sniping service! Most people who are sniping aren't doing it by hand - they use a computer program to do it for them. I use auctionstealer dot com because it gives me three free snipes per week. If there's an item I want but can't be around when the auction ends, I load it into auctionstealer and they do the sniping for me!

(BTW - I, too, get annoyed at the last hour bidders. Last second is much better for all! :) )

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

VClute
Sure there's something you can do! Use a sniping service! Most people who are sniping aren't doing it by hand - they use a computer program to do it for them. I use auctionstealer dot com because it gives me three free snipes per week. If there's an item I want but can't be around when the auction ends, I load it into auctionstealer and they do the sniping for me!

(BTW - I, too, get annoyed at the last hour bidders. Last second is much better for all! :) )

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

VClute

Amy in NC

Melanie
06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
"if you only find the posting in the last hour or so and want to get a bid in and can't wait for the last few minutes, there's not much you can do. "

www.auctionstealer.com gives you three free snipes a week.

Melanie
"if you only find the posting in the last hour or so and want to get a bid in and can't wait for the last few minutes, there's not much you can do. "

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

heidiann
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I learn so much from these boards, I am relatively new to e-bay and I have lost things because I wasn't around when they ended. I never heard of "sniping" before (go figure) Now i'm armed and ready to go!! LOL..

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann
I learn so much from these boards, I am relatively new to e-bay and I have lost things because I wasn't around when they ended. I never heard of "sniping" before (go figure) Now i'm armed and ready to go!! LOL..

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

EllasMum
06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I've never heard of "sniping" either! Off to check it out!!

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

HHCs Mom
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Heck yeah! Sniping on eBay is the ONLY way to go. Set your snipes and forget about them! So easy and no stress at all.

Auctionsniper.com and auctionstealer.com are both great services!

Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

HHCs Mom
Heck yeah! Sniping on eBay is the ONLY way to go. Set your snipes and forget about them! So easy and no stress at all.

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

HHCs Mom

Kim

Melanie
06-30-2006, 10:12 AM
It also helps to keep me from getting caught up in the bidding frenzy and paying more that I wanted to pay.

Melanie
It also helps to keep me from getting caught up in the bidding frenzy and paying more that I wanted to pay.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie