PDA

View Full Version : Rain STINKS!!

SpaceGal
06-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Ugh so it's been raining like nuts and apparently some areas of upstate NY are flooded. I counted my blessings...thinking thank goodness our house is nice and dry. Well low and behold at 12:30am I can't sleep so I go to watch some tv and organize DS toys and what not...low and behold...the basement is wet. Nothing horrible but it's wet/damp and no less ANNOYING. DH is extremely stressed out and we just got over an awful paver/plumbing issue that took 3 weeks to reseolve and now that it's out of the way this pops up.

Ugh so I go and clean the basement, run the dehumidifer, check the sump pump and make sure it's functioning. Make sure other spots aren't wet as well. Ugh...I know it could be a thousand times worst but man...I'm just tired...beat...annoyed and almost sad that litteraly and figuratively "when it rains it pours".

And as DH said last night in our long talk to discuss the stress and tension he's been under...life sucks as a grown up. I apologize if I sound petty with my wet/damp basement, in no way do I try to make little of the major flooding issues others have but I'm just as I said before tired.

Thanks for letting me vent.

SpaceGal
Ugh so it's been raining like nuts and apparently some areas of upstate NY are flooded. I counted my blessings...thinking thank goodness our house is nice and dry. Well low and behold at 12:30am I can't sleep so I go to watch some tv and organize DS toys and what not...low and behold...the basement is wet. Nothing horrible but it's wet/damp and no less ANNOYING. DH is extremely stressed out and we just got over an awful paver/plumbing issue that took 3 weeks to reseolve and now that it's out of the way this pops up.

Ugh so I go and clean the basement, run the dehumidifer, check the sump pump and make sure it's functioning. Make sure other spots aren't wet as well. Ugh...I know it could be a thousand times worst but man...I'm just tired...beat...annoyed and almost sad that litteraly and figuratively "when it rains it pours".

And as DH said last night in our long talk to discuss the stress and tension he's been under...life sucks as a grown up. I apologize if I sound petty with my wet/damp basement, in no way do I try to make little of the major flooding issues others have but I'm just as I said before tired.

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

cmdunn1972
06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
UGH! Poor you. We have an older home (no sump pump), so I know what you're going through. No fun.

Hopefully this rain will stop soon for a little while and you'll get time to dry out!

cmdunn1972
UGH! Poor you. We have an older home (no sump pump), so I know what you're going through. No fun.

Hopefully this rain will stop soon for a little while and you'll get time to dry out!

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

kedss
06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
yup, 'life sucks as an adult!' I'm watching as the house we live in is slowly falling apart, and the ants are driving me nuts. And the rain is again leaking into the ceiling leaving pretty little water spots. At least its my mom's house and not really mine, we just live here!

Big hugs!

kedss
yup, 'life sucks as an adult!' I'm watching as the house we live in is slowly falling apart, and the ants are driving me nuts. And the rain is again leaking into the ceiling leaving pretty little water spots. At least its my mom's house and not really mine, we just live here!

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

kedss

Big hugs!

mommy_someday
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Any kind of home maintenance stinks on a regular day...it's a bazillion times worse when you're tired and overextended. I hope dampness is the extent of the problem. Flooded basements are definitely NOT fun! I hope things look up for you soon. :)

mommy_someday
Any kind of home maintenance stinks on a regular day...it's a bazillion times worse when you're tired and overextended. I hope dampness is the extent of the problem. Flooded basements are definitely NOT fun! I hope things look up for you soon. :)

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

Beth568
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Hugs to you. We had a seriously flooded basement in our old house - it happened when DH was away and I was about 3 months pregnant and in the middle of BAAAAD morning sickness. The mess and smell from all that standing water didn't exactly help my stomach. Even some minor dampness is bad, if you ask me.

And yes, grownup responsibilities are tough. And home ownership is a headache, even when you take into account the fact that we're lucky to have houses. I hope the worst of the mess is over for you.

Beth568
Hugs to you. We had a seriously flooded basement in our old house - it happened when DH was away and I was about 3 months pregnant and in the middle of BAAAAD morning sickness. The mess and smell from all that standing water didn't exactly help my stomach. Even some minor dampness is bad, if you ask me.

And yes, grownup responsibilities are tough. And home ownership is a headache, even when you take into account the fact that we're lucky to have houses. I hope the worst of the mess is over for you.

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

SpaceGal
06-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Thank you ladies for the comfort in knowing I'm not alone in feeling "grown-up life sucks" and so does homeownership.

I sometimes wish I rented a house rather than owned so much less headache assuming you have a nice landlord. :) *sigh* what can you do right...just go on living.

As of today the basement is drying and we hear how friends and co-workers have it way worse so we say oh well at least it wasn't so bad. I did tell DH about it and he took it well with out a meltdown or bitchfest so at least it went over okay.

SpaceGal
Thank you ladies for the comfort in knowing I'm not alone in feeling "grown-up life sucks" and so does homeownership.

I sometimes wish I rented a house rather than owned so much less headache assuming you have a nice landlord. :) *sigh* what can you do right...just go on living.

As of today the basement is drying and we hear how friends and co-workers have it way worse so we say oh well at least it wasn't so bad. I did tell DH about it and he took it well with out a meltdown or bitchfest so at least it went over okay.

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal