PDA

View Full Version : DS daycare provider "Don't worry, everybody will get sick"

kozachka
07-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Some of you might remember my post in the Lounge about outbreak of chickenpox in DS daycare and how concerned I was about him catching it too and hoping that the fact that he was vaccinated will help him either avoid getting sick or have a mild case of chickenpox. So this Friday I found out that the boy in DS' group who's older sister was down with with chickenpox (and coming together with their mom to pick her brother up from daycare) got sick too. That's the same boy whose mom was swearing in front of other kids and pushing him around. I asked the daycare provider if anybody else from the group got it as well. And her response was "Don't worry, everybody will get sick". Gosh, that really put me at ease. Today I finally got an address for another daycare/preschool in our area that's supposed to be good. Will check it out Monday-Tuesday. DS has to be three to attend but I think they have a waitlist so better get on it now.

Anybody know what's the period of time during which DS is most likely to get sick with chickenpox after being in contact with that boy? Is it 10 days or something like that?

kozachka
Some of you might remember my post in the Lounge about outbreak of chickenpox in DS daycare and how concerned I was about him catching it too and hoping that the fact that he was vaccinated will help him either avoid getting sick or have a mild case of chickenpox. So this Friday I found out that the boy in DS' group who's older sister was down with with chickenpox (and coming together with their mom to pick her brother up from daycare) got sick too. That's the same boy whose mom was swearing in front of other kids and pushing him around. I asked the daycare provider if anybody else from the group got it as well. And her response was "Don't worry, everybody will get sick". Gosh, that really put me at ease. Today I finally got an address for another daycare/preschool in our area that's supposed to be good. Will check it out Monday-Tuesday. DS has to be three to attend but I think they have a waitlist so better get on it now.

Anybody know what's the period of time during which DS is most likely to get sick with chickenpox after being in contact with that boy? Is it 10 days or something like that?

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

hez
07-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Finding a new place sounds like a good idea if you're uncomfortable with the attitude of the providers.

I don't know what the average is, but my sister, brother and I all got chicken pox two weeks apart (to the day) from each other. Meant 6 weeks of blech at our house.

hez
Finding a new place sounds like a good idea if you're uncomfortable with the attitude of the providers.

I don't know what the average is, but my sister, brother and I all got chicken pox two weeks apart (to the day) from each other. Meant 6 weeks of blech at our house.

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

Lovingliv
07-01-2006, 11:34 AM
DD daycare just went through the same thing. They told us that if any babies came down with it, they would all be quarantined for 21 days! Hope it skips you!

Lovingliv
DD daycare just went through the same thing. They told us that if any babies came down with it, they would all be quarantined for 21 days! Hope it skips you!

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

mommy111
07-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Elena, I remember reading something in one of you posts a while ago...is this the little boy whose father is on the city council or something and therefore the day care wouldn't say/do anything when his mom pushed him around? Sounds like its time for a daycare change!!! FWIW, I think Chicken pox is 14-21 days. I hope, with the vaccine and all, that DS does not get the chickenpox. Good luck your way!

mommy111
Elena, I remember reading something in one of you posts a while ago...is this the little boy whose father is on the city council or something and therefore the day care wouldn't say/do anything when his mom pushed him around? Sounds like its time for a daycare change!!! FWIW, I think Chicken pox is 14-21 days. I hope, with the vaccine and all, that DS does not get the chickenpox. Good luck your way!

mommy111

mommy111

mommy111

mommy111

mommy111

mommy111

mommy111

kozachka
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it's the same family. The mom now looks in less than friendly way at me since she walked in when I was complaining to the daycare provider about her not keeping him home since 1) his sister is sick with chickenpox, and 2) she does not work. Maybe it was too late to isolate the boy and maybe I should take things easier as the provider kind of suggested but I am protective of my DS and the possibility of him getting sick does not thrill me to say the least.

The boy was only supposed to stay in daycare for two months for the duration of the campaign and the elections but mom must have liked not having kids around so we have to deal with her outbursts. Fortunately, these days I pick DS up later than she so don't have to see them. Considering the way this mom treats her DS it's for the better than he is in daycare and not home with her. She openly admits to not knowing how to reign him in. At least he is learning some discipline there and is not exposed to his mom's outbursts as much.

kozachka
Yeah, it's the same family. The mom now looks in less than friendly way at me since she walked in when I was complaining to the daycare provider about her not keeping him home since 1) his sister is sick with chickenpox, and 2) she does not work. Maybe it was too late to isolate the boy and maybe I should take things easier as the provider kind of suggested but I am protective of my DS and the possibility of him getting sick does not thrill me to say the least.

The boy was only supposed to stay in daycare for two months for the duration of the campaign and the elections but mom must have liked not having kids around so we have to deal with her outbursts. Fortunately, these days I pick DS up later than she so don't have to see them. Considering the way this mom treats her DS it's for the better than he is in daycare and not home with her. She openly admits to not knowing how to reign him in. At least he is learning some discipline there and is not exposed to his mom's outbursts as much.

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka