PDA

View Full Version : Walking on eggshells

s7714
07-02-2006, 02:02 AM
I hate people that are so damn sensitive that you can't say a thing without them somehow taking it personally. Especially when they're supposed to be a "leader" in a group of people. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around the single boiling egg in a group of otherwise calm and collective people. I've gone from wanting to participate and help to not wanting to do things simply because this person seems to take everything I say personally. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! Grow up and stop being so freakin' sensitive! I feel like I'm back in the middle of some work place political hell and it's only a Mom's group.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest to a non-involved party... Thanks for listening. :D

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
(100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

s7714
I hate people that are so damn sensitive that you can't say a thing without them somehow taking it personally. Especially when they're supposed to be a "leader" in a group of people. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around the single boiling egg in a group of otherwise calm and collective people. I've gone from wanting to participate and help to not wanting to do things simply because this person seems to take everything I say personally. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! Grow up and stop being so freakin' sensitive! I feel like I'm back in the middle of some work place political hell and it's only a Mom's group.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest to a non-involved party... Thanks for listening. :D

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

elliput
07-02-2006, 08:23 AM
For a minute I thought you were talking about posts you have made here. WHEW! I was starting to wonder what was wrong.

Unfortunately, you have stumbled across someone who (for whatever reason) has decided you are a threat to her position as "leader". This person may not feel entirely confident in her own leadership abilities and thusly is very uncomfortable having someone around who she views as a *take charge* person. She may even think that you are trying to take over control of the group. Something to keep in mind when dealing with this person is that people have a tendancy to project their own motives and feelings on others, and she may be the conspiracy theory type.

My advice is to decide how you really feel about this person. Is she someone that you have much in common with and could be really good friends, or is she just another aquaintance? If the former, try to get a chance to speak with her alone about the matter. Say you have been bother by her manner and are wondering what you have done to offend. If the latter, I wouldn't worry about the eggshells, she may need someone around to get her out of her comfort zone. A good leader should aside one's own preference and feelings for the betterment of the group as a whole.

Sorry my response is longer than your bitch. I got a bit carried away! ;-) HTH!

elliput
For a minute I thought you were talking about posts you have made here. WHEW! I was starting to wonder what was wrong.

Unfortunately, you have stumbled across someone who (for whatever reason) has decided you are a threat to her position as "leader". This person may not feel entirely confident in her own leadership abilities and thusly is very uncomfortable having someone around who she views as a *take charge* person. She may even think that you are trying to take over control of the group. Something to keep in mind when dealing with this person is that people have a tendancy to project their own motives and feelings on others, and she may be the conspiracy theory type.

My advice is to decide how you really feel about this person. Is she someone that you have much in common with and could be really good friends, or is she just another aquaintance? If the former, try to get a chance to speak with her alone about the matter. Say you have been bother by her manner and are wondering what you have done to offend. If the latter, I wouldn't worry about the eggshells, she may need someone around to get her out of her comfort zone. A good leader should aside one's own preference and feelings for the betterment of the group as a whole.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

s7714
07-02-2006, 05:17 PM
LOL, no this wasn't about anything to do with the BBB thank goodness!

I want to thank you for your response though, Erica. I think you pinpointed the actual problem very well. It was refreshing to get a third party perspective on the situation, and it helped me to respond in a less stressed manor. I really appreciated your response. :)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

I want to thank you for your response though, Erica. I think you pinpointed the actual problem very well. It was refreshing to get a third party perspective on the situation, and it helped me to respond in a less stressed manor. I really appreciated your response. :)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

elliput
07-02-2006, 08:30 PM
You are very welcome. :-) I have had quite a bit of experience handling situations very similar to yours, and understanding group dynamics has become a bit of a *hobby*. ;-) I wish I could remember who to credit this quote to: "get three together and you have politics" (or something close to that), as it is always something I keep in the back of my mind.

elliput
You are very welcome. :-) I have had quite a bit of experience handling situations very similar to yours, and understanding group dynamics has become a bit of a *hobby*. ;-) I wish I could remember who to credit this quote to: "get three together and you have politics" (or something close to that), as it is always something I keep in the back of my mind.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

Melanie
07-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Ooh, no advice. BTDT, and now I steer clear of them or similiar local groups. I felt like I was in Jr. High. Ugh. So not fun.

Melanie
Ooh, no advice. BTDT, and now I steer clear of them or similiar local groups. I felt like I was in Jr. High. Ugh. So not fun.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

KBecks
07-03-2006, 08:01 AM
ITA our former parish council chairperson stated at a retreat that you must phrase things to her in a certain way for her to be able to cope with it. My goodness, what a pain in the neck!

She was a fragile person and unfortunately has a lot of sorrow in her life. I tried to be accommodating, but it's hard when you have a big style mis-match.

KBecks
ITA our former parish council chairperson stated at a retreat that you must phrase things to her in a certain way for her to be able to cope with it. My goodness, what a pain in the neck!

She was a fragile person and unfortunately has a lot of sorrow in her life. I tried to be accommodating, but it's hard when you have a big style mis-match.

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks