PDA

View Full Version : Ughhh... my second returned foster dog...

Radosti
07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
I have been proud of my good placement ratio. Well, I am getting my 2nd returned dog. I'm very dissapointed, but I saw it coming. It was an impulse adoption, one that I normally would not allow to take place to begin with. It's my mom returning Gabby. The whole week, all I heard on the phone is how this dog sheds, and her and Gosha make too much noice while playing, and she needs a lot of attention. My dad on the other hand can't say enough good things about Gabby, but my mom is having none of that.

I never forced her to take Gabby, I didn't even offer. She made the decision to take her home all by herself. When I expressed my dissapointment in her bouncing this dog back and forth like a toy, she got all ticked off at me and said it was her decision to make.

I agree, it's her decision to make, but don't do it on the account of my rescue. I cannot see her ever doing that to any other dog we've had in the past.

So, now they are on their way to come watch Aaron while DH and I go to a wedding. And when they leave tonight, they will be leaving Gabby here. I told my mom that I am never doing that again, letting her adopt one of my fosters. She hung up on me. Oh, today is going to be fun. My mom and dad are already at each other's throats and they are coming here. My dad will spend all his time here either working on my mower or sitting at my computer. My mom will spend the whole time with Aaron. They won't even be talking to each other or me. I can't wait...

Radosti
I have been proud of my good placement ratio. Well, I am getting my 2nd returned dog. I'm very dissapointed, but I saw it coming. It was an impulse adoption, one that I normally would not allow to take place to begin with. It's my mom returning Gabby. The whole week, all I heard on the phone is how this dog sheds, and her and Gosha make too much noice while playing, and she needs a lot of attention. My dad on the other hand can't say enough good things about Gabby, but my mom is having none of that.

I never forced her to take Gabby, I didn't even offer. She made the decision to take her home all by herself. When I expressed my dissapointment in her bouncing this dog back and forth like a toy, she got all ticked off at me and said it was her decision to make.

I agree, it's her decision to make, but don't do it on the account of my rescue. I cannot see her ever doing that to any other dog we've had in the past.

So, now they are on their way to come watch Aaron while DH and I go to a wedding. And when they leave tonight, they will be leaving Gabby here. I told my mom that I am never doing that again, letting her adopt one of my fosters. She hung up on me. Oh, today is going to be fun. My mom and dad are already at each other's throats and they are coming here. My dad will spend all his time here either working on my mower or sitting at my computer. My mom will spend the whole time with Aaron. They won't even be talking to each other or me. I can't wait...

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

deenass
07-02-2006, 05:30 PM
sorry about what happened, it's why my SIL says that there is no such thing as free help, you pay for it one way or another!

Sucks that your mom would give the dog back ... hope you have some fun at the wedding!!!

deenass
sorry about what happened, it's why my SIL says that there is no such thing as free help, you pay for it one way or another!

Sucks that your mom would give the dog back ... hope you have some fun at the wedding!!!

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

deenass

dr mom
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear that Gabby is going to be looking for a new home. :(

On a more encouraging note, I wanted to thank you for the rescue work you do, finding loving homes for dogs that would otherwise end up at the pound. We adopted a rescued dog 4 years ago, and Anya has brought so much love and joy to our family - we never would have found our sweet girl if she hadn't been rescued by someone like you. I know rescue must be difficult at times, but I hope in the end, the happy endings make it worthwhile. And I hope you find a wonderful home for Gabby, where she will be loved and enjoyed for the rest of her life!

(Edited to update avatar)

dr mom

On a more encouraging note, I wanted to thank you for the rescue work you do, finding loving homes for dogs that would otherwise end up at the pound. We adopted a rescued dog 4 years ago, and Anya has brought so much love and joy to our family - we never would have found our sweet girl if she hadn't been rescued by someone like you. I know rescue must be difficult at times, but I hope in the end, the happy endings make it worthwhile. And I hope you find a wonderful home for Gabby, where she will be loved and enjoyed for the rest of her life!

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

Melanie
07-03-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

Melanie
I'm so sorry.

KBecks
07-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I hope Gaby finds a much better home where she will be adored by all.

Hang in there and I hope you survive the fallout. And good for you for setting boudaries about no more adoptions!

KBecks
Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I hope Gaby finds a much better home where she will be adored by all.

Hang in there and I hope you survive the fallout. And good for you for setting boudaries about no more adoptions!

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks