PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** I just had the WORST picture experience EVER!!!

MMEand1
07-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I went back to Sears yesterday and waited in line for a good 15-20 minutes. It seems that they only had 1 employee working yet again! There were several people waiting to get their pictures printed up and a coulpe with a little girl that was waiting to get pictures done. Once I was able to talk to the girl, I knew it was the one on the phone the night before that said that the $2-3 discount was the only thing I would get. I showed her a copy of the coupon and before I could even finish my sentence, she was on the calculator pushing buttons. I could not believe that this could not have been taken the night before and just told her that I wanted to cancel my entire order (over $150 order). She looked totally stunned and said "Really?" I said yes, just cancel the entire thing and I would go somewhere else. Then she started the "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." over and over again. Then she asked why and I told her exactly what I wrote to the Sears customer service and that I was not pleased with a) the quality of the shots taken b) the lack of time spent with us once another customer came in and c) their lack of ability to honor their own cupons/discounts. I got a few more "I'm so sorry" comments, got my refund and told my DH very loudly, "We'll just go to Picture People", which I don't think she liked!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!
Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm
Got there at 2:45pm
Did not leave until 6:45pm!
Had a coupon for 20% off of pictures
Got $2 off of sitting fee
Was told that the $2 was my discount
Watched someone else walk in, take pictures, pick them out, pay and leave
Watched another customer come in, pick pictures already taken, pay and leave
Worker would/could not cancel my order
Was told that I should come back tomorrow to speak with "Vanessa" for a better explaination

I just wrote out a letter to the Sears customer service, so we'll see what they have to say. Here is what I sent them:

I had the worst photo experience today that I have ever had! I had an appointment for 1500 hours at my mall studio and showed up at about 1445. I did not leave there until 1845 hours! There was one girl working and it was VERY evident that she was new and/or had not been trained fully. After every customer that walked in, and every question that we had, she got on the phone to call someone and ask for guidance. After our pictures had been taken, we were getting ready to view them and make our selection. After a good 15-20 minutes of our photographer trying to get them entered into the computer, we finally were able to look at the pictures that we had taken. We were looking at our pictures for just a short time when a man came up and said that he was here for his business photos. Our photograhper left us to go take his pictures, then helped him pick them out, then checked him out, as well as another lady that came inbehind him to pick up some pictures. We were left waiting for almost an hour. Then, we were once again given the opportunity to put our picture package together. I felt rushed and do not feel that I had ample time to pick out my pictures. When we got ready to check out (keep in mind that our photographer was on the phone off and on this entire time), I gave her a coupon that I printed out off of this site. It was for 20% off for military ID card holders. I gave her that coupon and she said she rang it into the computer, however, when I looked at my reciept, it only showed 20% taken off of the sitting fee, and not the portrait package. I showed her that it specifically said that it was for pictures and the person on the other end of the phone told her to tell me that if it gave us a discount on the sitting fee than that was all we would get. The package that we choose was the summer collection for $129.99. Sitting was discounted down to $11.?? and then there was tax. I asked her why it was not taking the amount off of the pictures and she said that the computer did the calculations and that if it took off the $2 off of the sitting fee, than that was our military discount. I tried to expain that the coupon said pictures and 20% of f of $129 was more that $2. She told me that i can come back on Tuesday, 4 July to talk to "Vanessa" for a better explaination. I told her that I did not want her to put our order through until we got this straightened out and she told me that it was too late and had already been ordered. She asid that she was in training and did not have the computer code to change or cancel my order. I told her that if I do not get this resolved, then I would be cancelling my order.

If Sears is going to put a coupon on their website and then not stand behind it, I do not want to do business with a company like that. After waiting so long to get helped and seeing others come in, take pictures, pay and leave while I am still waiting, and then not get the discount that Sears offers to military, I was very close to walking out, but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is new. I doubt that after this experience I will ever use the Sears Portrait Studio again. I usually go to the Picture People, but thought that since Sears was supporting the military I would throw a little business that way. I don't think I'll make that mistake again...
Mariah P.

Am I wrong for asking for my discount when it is a coupon that I got off of their website?? Anyone else have an experience like this?
Mariah P.

MMEand1
I went back to Sears yesterday and waited in line for a good 15-20 minutes. It seems that they only had 1 employee working yet again! There were several people waiting to get their pictures printed up and a coulpe with a little girl that was waiting to get pictures done. Once I was able to talk to the girl, I knew it was the one on the phone the night before that said that the $2-3 discount was the only thing I would get. I showed her a copy of the coupon and before I could even finish my sentence, she was on the calculator pushing buttons. I could not believe that this could not have been taken the night before and just told her that I wanted to cancel my entire order (over $150 order). She looked totally stunned and said "Really?" I said yes, just cancel the entire thing and I would go somewhere else. Then she started the "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." over and over again. Then she asked why and I told her exactly what I wrote to the Sears customer service and that I was not pleased with a) the quality of the shots taken b) the lack of time spent with us once another customer came in and c) their lack of ability to honor their own cupons/discounts. I got a few more "I'm so sorry" comments, got my refund and told my DH very loudly, "We'll just go to Picture People", which I don't think she liked!

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm
Was told that I should come back tomorrow to speak with "Vanessa" for a better explaination

I just wrote out a letter to the Sears customer service, so we'll see what they have to say. Here is what I sent them:

I had the worst photo experience today that I have ever had! I had an appointment for 1500 hours at my mall studio and showed up at about 1445. I did not leave there until 1845 hours! There was one girl working and it was VERY evident that she was new and/or had not been trained fully. After every customer that walked in, and every question that we had, she got on the phone to call someone and ask for guidance. After our pictures had been taken, we were getting ready to view them and make our selection. After a good 15-20 minutes of our photographer trying to get them entered into the computer, we finally were able to look at the pictures that we had taken. We were looking at our pictures for just a short time when a man came up and said that he was here for his business photos. Our photograhper left us to go take his pictures, then helped him pick them out, then checked him out, as well as another lady that came inbehind him to pick up some pictures. We were left waiting for almost an hour. Then, we were once again given the opportunity to put our picture package together. I felt rushed and do not feel that I had ample time to pick out my pictures. When we got ready to check out (keep in mind that our photographer was on the phone off and on this entire time), I gave her a coupon that I printed out off of this site. It was for 20% off for military ID card holders. I gave her that coupon and she said she rang it into the computer, however, when I looked at my reciept, it only showed 20% taken off of the sitting fee, and not the portrait package. I showed her that it specifically said that it was for pictures and the person on the other end of the phone told her to tell me that if it gave us a discount on the sitting fee than that was all we would get. The package that we choose was the summer collection for $129.99. Sitting was discounted down to $11.?? and then there was tax. I asked her why it was not taking the amount off of the pictures and she said that the computer did the calculations and that if it took off the $2 off of the sitting fee, than that was our military discount. I tried to expain that the coupon said pictures and 20% of f of $129 was more that $2. She told me that i can come back on Tuesday, 4 July to talk to "Vanessa" for a better explaination. I told her that I did not want her to put our order through until we got this straightened out and she told me that it was too late and had already been ordered. She asid that she was in training and did not have the computer code to change or cancel my order. I told her that if I do not get this resolved, then I would be cancelling my order.

If Sears is going to put a coupon on their website and then not stand behind it, I do not want to do business with a company like that. After waiting so long to get helped and seeing others come in, take pictures, pay and leave while I am still waiting, and then not get the discount that Sears offers to military, I was very close to walking out, but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is new. I doubt that after this experience I will ever use the Sears Portrait Studio again. I usually go to the Picture People, but thought that since Sears was supporting the military I would throw a little business that way. I don't think I'll make that mistake again...
Mariah P.

Am I wrong for asking for my discount when it is a coupon that I got off of their website?? Anyone else have an experience like this?
Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

MMEand1

Mariah P.

Here's the break-down:

Had an apt at 3pm

Mariah P.

Mariah P.

janeybwild
07-04-2006, 07:21 AM
OK, that blows. You have far more patience than me. Your letter is good and strong, my only suggestion is to be specific what you are asking for in your letter....compenasation for your ghastly experience. They should give the pics to you for free if they want you back IMO. Good luck

janeybwild
OK, that blows. You have far more patience than me. Your letter is good and strong, my only suggestion is to be specific what you are asking for in your letter....compenasation for your ghastly experience. They should give the pics to you for free if they want you back IMO. Good luck

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

AngelaS
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
This kind of crap is exactly WHY I stopped going to Sears. That price is INSANE! JCPenneys studios are FAR better managed and IMO they take better pictures too. :)

AngelaS
This kind of crap is exactly WHY I stopped going to Sears. That price is INSANE! JCPenneys studios are FAR better managed and IMO they take better pictures too. :)

AngelaS

AngelaS

AngelaS

AngelaS

AngelaS

AngelaS

AngelaS

Toba
07-04-2006, 11:15 AM
A few years ago, my husband's immediate family congregated in Maine for a family reunion of sorts. My SIL (who lives there) called Sears to book an appointment for about 16 people (I can't remember the exact number), which included all four of my MIL and FIL's kids, their wives/husband and all their children. She repeatedly asked if they were able to accomodate 16 people in one sitting because if they weren't, we'd just go somewhere else ... and she was repeatedly assured they could handle that many (with an extra fee, which was fine with us .... it was to be a Christmas gift to the ILs from all of us). We got there and waited over an hour just to take pictures (with several small children). We complained so much that the "manager" finally took the pics, then proceeded to berate us for having so many people in the sitting. Then we noticed that some "girl" was sitting in the "private" studio room watching everything and rolling her eyes, muttering under her breath, snarling at the children (who, we admit, were a little whiny ... we had been there a long time). We eventually found out that this girl was the manager's girlfriend and was pissed that we were taking so long. It eventually broke down so badly that the manager and his girlfriend (who did NOT work there) were screaming/cursing at us (in front of the kids). And when my husband and his two brothers get together ... well, let's just say that they do NOT tolerate threatening behavior well, especially as a group. We threatened to call the cops, the manager threatened to call security, blah, blah, blah. I swear, I thought we'd be bailing all three brothers out of jail that night. Over PICTURES.

My SIL called Sears the next day (curiously and dubiously, there was no store manager on that night ... yeah, right) and spoke to a manager who was horrified at the situation. As it turns out, they had received a few bystander complaints about the manager screaming at us and the ensuing aftermath. We wound up with a huge free picture package and numerous coupons, but we have NEVER gone back. And the pictures are a reminder of an extremely stressful and RIDICULOUS evening. We were told that the studio manager was fired (we have no idea if that's true or not).

ETA: Just wanted to add that this was NOT during a busy time ... it was very early November, as that was the time we were all together to get the group shots done ... so no reason for the ridiculous wait time to get pics taken.

Just our story of why we will never, ever go to a Sears portrait studio (and this happened before we had our son, so we definitely were a very profitable potential customer).

I agree that you should state what you want out of your complaint. Don't settle, and it doesn't hurt to remind them that you have kid(s) and have many studio sessions in your future.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Toba
A few years ago, my husband's immediate family congregated in Maine for a family reunion of sorts. My SIL (who lives there) called Sears to book an appointment for about 16 people (I can't remember the exact number), which included all four of my MIL and FIL's kids, their wives/husband and all their children. She repeatedly asked if they were able to accomodate 16 people in one sitting because if they weren't, we'd just go somewhere else ... and she was repeatedly assured they could handle that many (with an extra fee, which was fine with us .... it was to be a Christmas gift to the ILs from all of us). We got there and waited over an hour just to take pictures (with several small children). We complained so much that the "manager" finally took the pics, then proceeded to berate us for having so many people in the sitting. Then we noticed that some "girl" was sitting in the "private" studio room watching everything and rolling her eyes, muttering under her breath, snarling at the children (who, we admit, were a little whiny ... we had been there a long time). We eventually found out that this girl was the manager's girlfriend and was pissed that we were taking so long. It eventually broke down so badly that the manager and his girlfriend (who did NOT work there) were screaming/cursing at us (in front of the kids). And when my husband and his two brothers get together ... well, let's just say that they do NOT tolerate threatening behavior well, especially as a group. We threatened to call the cops, the manager threatened to call security, blah, blah, blah. I swear, I thought we'd be bailing all three brothers out of jail that night. Over PICTURES.

My SIL called Sears the next day (curiously and dubiously, there was no store manager on that night ... yeah, right) and spoke to a manager who was horrified at the situation. As it turns out, they had received a few bystander complaints about the manager screaming at us and the ensuing aftermath. We wound up with a huge free picture package and numerous coupons, but we have NEVER gone back. And the pictures are a reminder of an extremely stressful and RIDICULOUS evening. We were told that the studio manager was fired (we have no idea if that's true or not).

ETA: Just wanted to add that this was NOT during a busy time ... it was very early November, as that was the time we were all together to get the group shots done ... so no reason for the ridiculous wait time to get pics taken.

Just our story of why we will never, ever go to a Sears portrait studio (and this happened before we had our son, so we definitely were a very profitable potential customer).

I agree that you should state what you want out of your complaint. Don't settle, and it doesn't hurt to remind them that you have kid(s) and have many studio sessions in your future.

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

MMEand1
07-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Thank you for your stories and advice. I am heading back up there and hope to get something resolved. I will send another letter to Sears customer care spelling out my wishes.
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thank you for your stories and advice. I am heading back up there and hope to get something resolved. I will send another letter to Sears customer care spelling out my wishes.
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

MMEand1
Thanks again,
Mariah P.

buddyleebaby
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I would send the letter. they should certainly honor their coupon without you having to make a special trip!
I have found that many times at these studios, it depends who is working. We go to JCPenner. We loved dd's three month shots. the lady really knew how to work with babies and took time to try different poses/backgrounds. When we went back for our six month shots, they were awful! We had to wait for two hours despite havinga n appointment, the woman was very rushed and most of the pictures were blurry. We ended up buying the one decent shot, which still wasn;t great, and my dd was being very cooperative. The last time around, it was once again the woman who took the three month pics and she again did a fabulous job.
If our six month visit had been our only visit, I never would have gone back.

buddyleebaby
I would send the letter. they should certainly honor their coupon without you having to make a special trip!
I have found that many times at these studios, it depends who is working. We go to JCPenner. We loved dd's three month shots. the lady really knew how to work with babies and took time to try different poses/backgrounds. When we went back for our six month shots, they were awful! We had to wait for two hours despite havinga n appointment, the woman was very rushed and most of the pictures were blurry. We ended up buying the one decent shot, which still wasn;t great, and my dd was being very cooperative. The last time around, it was once again the woman who took the three month pics and she again did a fabulous job.

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

kcimato
07-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I just had almost the same hateful picture experience with Sears also. We had a 10 am appointment and we were 15 min late. The photographer said that if her 1030 app came in she would have to stop. We had 1 pic taken and my grandson became cranky and uncooperative so we said we would make an app for later in the day.

We arrive at 4 and have 2 pics taken when someone comes to pick up their photos. She is the only one there and goes to ring them up spending about 5 min with them going over everything. Then a guy comes in behind the 1st customer and has over 100 sheets to hem and haw over. Now the photographer has been gone for 20 min while we are entertaining the just turned 1 year old. He has now drooled over his olive colored shirt and you can see the big wet spot! Fortunately, we had another outfit with us but not what we wanted to have his picture done in.

We also had a n active military discount that amounted to nothing and the price ended up being $112 Plus I had a coupon that said that you get 35 pics for $9.99 No way did that happen.

I will say that the photographer did spend a good amount of time with us when she returned and gave us a free 8x10 because she was gone so long.

I took their survey and it said b/c I was dissatisfied that would like to call me and find out the problem. They have not called yet.

So, I most likely won't go there again. Let me know how things turn out for you.

kcimato
I just had almost the same hateful picture experience with Sears also. We had a 10 am appointment and we were 15 min late. The photographer said that if her 1030 app came in she would have to stop. We had 1 pic taken and my grandson became cranky and uncooperative so we said we would make an app for later in the day.

We arrive at 4 and have 2 pics taken when someone comes to pick up their photos. She is the only one there and goes to ring them up spending about 5 min with them going over everything. Then a guy comes in behind the 1st customer and has over 100 sheets to hem and haw over. Now the photographer has been gone for 20 min while we are entertaining the just turned 1 year old. He has now drooled over his olive colored shirt and you can see the big wet spot! Fortunately, we had another outfit with us but not what we wanted to have his picture done in.

We also had a n active military discount that amounted to nothing and the price ended up being $112 Plus I had a coupon that said that you get 35 pics for $9.99 No way did that happen.

I will say that the photographer did spend a good amount of time with us when she returned and gave us a free 8x10 because she was gone so long.

I took their survey and it said b/c I was dissatisfied that would like to call me and find out the problem. They have not called yet.

So, I most likely won't go there again. Let me know how things turn out for you.

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

karolyp
07-05-2006, 07:53 AM
I love my Sears photographer and I think she really does excellent work. That said, I’ve had two bad occasions at Sears, when she wasn’t there, and I have to agree that their coupon policies suck, their prices are high, and I don’t like the fact that they have one person on staff to take pictures, show the results, and check people out – all at the same time which means your session is likely to be interrupted! Grrrr. Anyhow, let us know how they respond to your letter.

karolyp
I love my Sears photographer and I think she really does excellent work. That said, I’ve had two bad occasions at Sears, when she wasn’t there, and I have to agree that their coupon policies suck, their prices are high, and I don’t like the fact that they have one person on staff to take pictures, show the results, and check people out – all at the same time which means your session is likely to be interrupted! Grrrr. Anyhow, let us know how they respond to your letter.

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp