PDA

View Full Version : Updated with an apology: WWYD: with stupid moronic kids with guns

SpaceGal
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Updated: I want to apologize for my inital harshness that I had included in my post before about how I was angry about the kids shooting off their guns and I mentioned race and their crazy dog. I realize that I was writing in complete anger and fury at the time and neglected that I may offend others with regards to my race comments. I assure you that I meant no offense but I'm sure I may have offended some. I want to extend my sincere apology and assure you that I will not include such awful comments like that again. I felt really badly when I returned to read my post once the situation has calmed down and the punk kids have not yet returned for now. Again, I'm very sorry if I offended anyone and hope that I didn't hurt too many feelings. Thank you and I'm very sorry.

-----------------------

Man each year the kids in our neighborhood are just getting stupider and stupider. It just really infuriates me.

Now I mean no offense to anyone with my post subject line but seriously I don't know how else to put it.

Our house is in a newly growing development. Our house on one of the bigger lots in the area and also has a rain water retention pond. Now our first summer, issues with kids were annoying but not infuriating. Last summer, the renegade kids of the neighborhood would come by and jump into our mucky pond just to prove a point if you know what I mean. At that point we put up a tasteful post and rail fence so that the community could still enjoy the pond without having the ugly eye sore of a privacy fence or a chain link we did what we could to draw borders to "our land" since it was perceived that the pond was open and not owned by any house. My concern was also of children get stuck in the water or getting hurt and I didn't want to be liable. Either way, the fence went up and less kids are coming to "trespass". Now I understand kids will be kids and water will attract them so I've slowly come to terms with the handful of kids that sneak on our yard and pond area.

Well this year the area behind our house was developed and the houses behind us are now occupied. Of course with the new homes our pond was modified by the town and now there's a pond behind ours that runs over into ours. Well the house that is next to that pond is really odd...almost ghetto but I don't want to make a judgement but I've walked by and witnessed some oddball things. Granted our area is a nice middle to high middle class area, but the kids from this house are pissing me off. Well first they cut across our yard with their bikes...fine annoying but fine. Today I was furious. Well yesterday as well but more so today than yesterday. Four of them come over with a gun (I assume some sort of pellet gun or BB gun) but I HATE HATE guns!!!

Well they come over and are "hunting" bullfrogs or what not but WTF!!! Go hunt in your backyard away from other people's home. It pisses me off because I have a 16 month year old...my neighbors adjacent the pond have little children that are out back all the time in their pool, playing and what not and our other neighbors have young children as well. So can you see why I'm pissed! DH says we have to come to terms with people on the lawn and going to the pond and I said fine I can deal I can get annoyed but I can deal but the guns NO WAY! I'm so mad. Like what if my son's out there and the dumbass kids horse around with their stinkin' guns and hit my kid or other neighbors kids. It's just wrong. You take your freakin' gun and go to your backyard (they have woods behind them and hunt the pigeons or whatever but stay away from houses with little children. It's just wrong!! I don't know what to do but I'm pissed! I'm not the type to go ring the house's door bell and ask to speak to parents if you know what I mean but man these kids are annoying. Don't these parents teach their kids anything.

Of course the oldest kid with the gun was rebellious and was like oh yeah some one's looking, this is when I was watching them from my screen door and he fires off a few shots...like what to f-ing threaten me?? What's with these kids and what's with their freaking parents!!! UGH! So pissed!!

SpaceGal
Updated: I want to apologize for my inital harshness that I had included in my post before about how I was angry about the kids shooting off their guns and I mentioned race and their crazy dog. I realize that I was writing in complete anger and fury at the time and neglected that I may offend others with regards to my race comments. I assure you that I meant no offense but I'm sure I may have offended some. I want to extend my sincere apology and assure you that I will not include such awful comments like that again. I felt really badly when I returned to read my post once the situation has calmed down and the punk kids have not yet returned for now. Again, I'm very sorry if I offended anyone and hope that I didn't hurt too many feelings. Thank you and I'm very sorry.

-----------------------

Man each year the kids in our neighborhood are just getting stupider and stupider. It just really infuriates me.

Now I mean no offense to anyone with my post subject line but seriously I don't know how else to put it.

Our house is in a newly growing development. Our house on one of the bigger lots in the area and also has a rain water retention pond. Now our first summer, issues with kids were annoying but not infuriating. Last summer, the renegade kids of the neighborhood would come by and jump into our mucky pond just to prove a point if you know what I mean. At that point we put up a tasteful post and rail fence so that the community could still enjoy the pond without having the ugly eye sore of a privacy fence or a chain link we did what we could to draw borders to "our land" since it was perceived that the pond was open and not owned by any house. My concern was also of children get stuck in the water or getting hurt and I didn't want to be liable. Either way, the fence went up and less kids are coming to "trespass". Now I understand kids will be kids and water will attract them so I've slowly come to terms with the handful of kids that sneak on our yard and pond area.

Well this year the area behind our house was developed and the houses behind us are now occupied. Of course with the new homes our pond was modified by the town and now there's a pond behind ours that runs over into ours. Well the house that is next to that pond is really odd...almost ghetto but I don't want to make a judgement but I've walked by and witnessed some oddball things. Granted our area is a nice middle to high middle class area, but the kids from this house are pissing me off. Well first they cut across our yard with their bikes...fine annoying but fine. Today I was furious. Well yesterday as well but more so today than yesterday. Four of them come over with a gun (I assume some sort of pellet gun or BB gun) but I HATE HATE guns!!!

Well they come over and are "hunting" bullfrogs or what not but WTF!!! Go hunt in your backyard away from other people's home. It pisses me off because I have a 16 month year old...my neighbors adjacent the pond have little children that are out back all the time in their pool, playing and what not and our other neighbors have young children as well. So can you see why I'm pissed! DH says we have to come to terms with people on the lawn and going to the pond and I said fine I can deal I can get annoyed but I can deal but the guns NO WAY! I'm so mad. Like what if my son's out there and the dumbass kids horse around with their stinkin' guns and hit my kid or other neighbors kids. It's just wrong. You take your freakin' gun and go to your backyard (they have woods behind them and hunt the pigeons or whatever but stay away from houses with little children. It's just wrong!! I don't know what to do but I'm pissed! I'm not the type to go ring the house's door bell and ask to speak to parents if you know what I mean but man these kids are annoying. Don't these parents teach their kids anything.

Of course the oldest kid with the gun was rebellious and was like oh yeah some one's looking, this is when I was watching them from my screen door and he fires off a few shots...like what to f-ing threaten me?? What's with these kids and what's with their freaking parents!!! UGH! So pissed!!

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

SpaceGal

-----------------------

himom
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
You can call the police and see if they can do anything. BB guns are illegal in a lot of places for minors that are unaccompanied by adults. And if they ever point it in your direction or toward any little kids you will at least have a case. At the very least you can trespass them, because if any of them gets hurt on your property (even a twisted ankle) then you are responsible.

Hope that helps! I hate dealing with punk kids.

himom
You can call the police and see if they can do anything. BB guns are illegal in a lot of places for minors that are unaccompanied by adults. And if they ever point it in your direction or toward any little kids you will at least have a case. At the very least you can trespass them, because if any of them gets hurt on your property (even a twisted ankle) then you are responsible.

himom

himom

himom

himom

himom

himom

himom

tarabenet
07-05-2006, 10:20 PM
You sound very, very upset. I don't blame you (and I am a gun owner, even!) That behavior has to stop. Being watched is usually a great deterrent to behavior kids know is not OK, and I think you made an excellent step. Be bold about watching them -- not hostile, but not the least bit discreet or covert.

I definitely agree that you should call the police. First to the non-emergency number to find out what laws apply. Later, when the kids are out again, if they are in violation, call 9-1-1 and report it. It sounds very likely that no one has taught the kids about gun safety, much less legal rights/responsibilities. It may well be that an officer can come by wehn they are out there shooting and in a friendly way check on them and talk to them about it, and let them know that the neighbors are worried (I'd push the worried, not angry angle, to help keep it from escalating).

Three none-of-my-business recommendations, though, since you have posted about this. First, keep this about the guns, don't drag the dog into it. These are two separate issues. By all means, if you feel the dog is being neglected, you should report that, but if you do it as part of trying to poke at them for the guns, you'll only cause resentment and retribution. Second, don't let it become about race -- everyone loses if that happens. And third, if you don't have it, please get additional liability coverage, generally easy to add through homeowners. Nothing to do with the idiot boys per se, just that if you have a pool of water on your property, whether for swimming or not, you have a pool of liability sitting there. (The section of creek that runs through our backyard is apparently the area's greatest fishing hole. People think it is part of the adjacent park, but it is on our lot. If someone got hurt, and found out it was privately owned, we could lose everything, so we have a million-dollar umbrella policy. It was really quite cheap, and I don't have to get nervous over every kid who climbs the rock to fish.)

Good luck in getting this stopped quickly and with minimal hard feelings. This stuff can be so stressful. Let us know how it goes? I'll be thinking about you.

tarabenet
You sound very, very upset. I don't blame you (and I am a gun owner, even!) That behavior has to stop. Being watched is usually a great deterrent to behavior kids know is not OK, and I think you made an excellent step. Be bold about watching them -- not hostile, but not the least bit discreet or covert.

I definitely agree that you should call the police. First to the non-emergency number to find out what laws apply. Later, when the kids are out again, if they are in violation, call 9-1-1 and report it. It sounds very likely that no one has taught the kids about gun safety, much less legal rights/responsibilities. It may well be that an officer can come by wehn they are out there shooting and in a friendly way check on them and talk to them about it, and let them know that the neighbors are worried (I'd push the worried, not angry angle, to help keep it from escalating).

Three none-of-my-business recommendations, though, since you have posted about this. First, keep this about the guns, don't drag the dog into it. These are two separate issues. By all means, if you feel the dog is being neglected, you should report that, but if you do it as part of trying to poke at them for the guns, you'll only cause resentment and retribution. Second, don't let it become about race -- everyone loses if that happens. And third, if you don't have it, please get additional liability coverage, generally easy to add through homeowners. Nothing to do with the idiot boys per se, just that if you have a pool of water on your property, whether for swimming or not, you have a pool of liability sitting there. (The section of creek that runs through our backyard is apparently the area's greatest fishing hole. People think it is part of the adjacent park, but it is on our lot. If someone got hurt, and found out it was privately owned, we could lose everything, so we have a million-dollar umbrella policy. It was really quite cheap, and I don't have to get nervous over every kid who climbs the rock to fish.)

Good luck in getting this stopped quickly and with minimal hard feelings. This stuff can be so stressful. Let us know how it goes? I'll be thinking about you.

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

SpaceGal
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the tips ladies. DH said he doesn't want to get worked up over and and conceded to have kids coming over and all. Whether or not he wants to address the gun thing *sigh* he's tired of thinking about it. I'm just worried about the gun thing. I am pretty sure it's not a real gun but it still makes me nervous. For now, I'm just going to keep my eye on them. If they want to view me as the weird lady that stares at them while they are up to no good, that's fine.

I'll be sure to not make the issue other than for the gun issue. I know the dog is annoying and there's always the race thing. I don't necessarily care about the dog cuz it's just kind of oddball. Something I don't expect in the burbs more in the country where people leave their dogs outside. When my ILs were here visiting they mentioned how it was weird and thought we should say something but we were like well if they want to keep their dog out it's ugly and odd but whatever. I was probably fuming when I wrote the earlier post about reporting them to animal control because in all honesty I usually stay out of people's business...I just get annoyed when people cross me and start talking all sorts of junk...but really don't do anything about it if you know what I mean. Not to say I won't be watching for this bullfrog hunting issue but outside of that it's fine.

As for the race thing, I didn't mean to come across as racist but people in the neighborhood talk and I don't particularly care about what color a person or family is just as long as they are respectful of the others around them. And really most people are respectful...We do have annoying neighbors and well I'm sure to others we are annoying in some way, but we don't do anything that affects others. Clearly these kids aren't being respectful and that's what bothers me most. It just comes up how well the kids just make it worst for that household that they are this "yada yada yada" if you know what I mean.

We do have homeowners to cover the pond issue and when we talk to the town about it they assured us that they would likely take the hit on the liability since they would have more money.

*sigh* ultimately it's the punky kids with the dumb guns that drive me nuts.

SpaceGal
Thanks for the tips ladies. DH said he doesn't want to get worked up over and and conceded to have kids coming over and all. Whether or not he wants to address the gun thing *sigh* he's tired of thinking about it. I'm just worried about the gun thing. I am pretty sure it's not a real gun but it still makes me nervous. For now, I'm just going to keep my eye on them. If they want to view me as the weird lady that stares at them while they are up to no good, that's fine.

I'll be sure to not make the issue other than for the gun issue. I know the dog is annoying and there's always the race thing. I don't necessarily care about the dog cuz it's just kind of oddball. Something I don't expect in the burbs more in the country where people leave their dogs outside. When my ILs were here visiting they mentioned how it was weird and thought we should say something but we were like well if they want to keep their dog out it's ugly and odd but whatever. I was probably fuming when I wrote the earlier post about reporting them to animal control because in all honesty I usually stay out of people's business...I just get annoyed when people cross me and start talking all sorts of junk...but really don't do anything about it if you know what I mean. Not to say I won't be watching for this bullfrog hunting issue but outside of that it's fine.

As for the race thing, I didn't mean to come across as racist but people in the neighborhood talk and I don't particularly care about what color a person or family is just as long as they are respectful of the others around them. And really most people are respectful...We do have annoying neighbors and well I'm sure to others we are annoying in some way, but we don't do anything that affects others. Clearly these kids aren't being respectful and that's what bothers me most. It just comes up how well the kids just make it worst for that household that they are this "yada yada yada" if you know what I mean.

We do have homeowners to cover the pond issue and when we talk to the town about it they assured us that they would likely take the hit on the liability since they would have more money.

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

bcky2
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
i would be worried about the gun issue alot. i was shot in the face by a bb gun and it missed my eye by a tiny bit and hit the cheek bone right under my eye bounced off and down into my cheek, if it went the other way i could have lost my eye. it happened while messing around with a bunch of friends while we were teenagers and thought it was funny(and also thought that it wasnt loaded). please call the cops and see what can be done about the gun, they should not have it. loaded or unloaded, it is not safe. the one that hit me was one that was stuck in there and was unloaded otherwise. there is not one reason on this earth they should have one out there without their parents with them to supervise.

ETA: hmmmm.....you got my 2000 post :)

bcky2
i would be worried about the gun issue alot. i was shot in the face by a bb gun and it missed my eye by a tiny bit and hit the cheek bone right under my eye bounced off and down into my cheek, if it went the other way i could have lost my eye. it happened while messing around with a bunch of friends while we were teenagers and thought it was funny(and also thought that it wasnt loaded). please call the cops and see what can be done about the gun, they should not have it. loaded or unloaded, it is not safe. the one that hit me was one that was stuck in there and was unloaded otherwise. there is not one reason on this earth they should have one out there without their parents with them to supervise.

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

dules
07-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I think the same kids live in my neighborhood! My backyard is huge by my town standards, so the side of my backyard (if that makes any sense) runs the full length of five houses' yards on the street behind me. There are old stockade fences between all the yards, including one that I (apparently) own. Each house has a 2-car detached garage in back.

These kids run all over, up and down the fences, up and over the garage roofs (!??!!?), through bushes and hedges, they cut through my yard to get to the next street at all hours, it makes me crazed. I'll be interested to see what you do and what happens, since I too am concerned about liability - I'll be damned if one of these kids is going to fall 20 feet off the peak of my garage roof and then sue me...good grief.

You wonder where the parents are, don't you?

Best,
Mary

dules
I think the same kids live in my neighborhood! My backyard is huge by my town standards, so the side of my backyard (if that makes any sense) runs the full length of five houses' yards on the street behind me. There are old stockade fences between all the yards, including one that I (apparently) own. Each house has a 2-car detached garage in back.

These kids run all over, up and down the fences, up and over the garage roofs (!??!!?), through bushes and hedges, they cut through my yard to get to the next street at all hours, it makes me crazed. I'll be interested to see what you do and what happens, since I too am concerned about liability - I'll be damned if one of these kids is going to fall 20 feet off the peak of my garage roof and then sue me...good grief.

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

SpaceGal
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah you wonder where are parents these days. I know lots are working their butts off to provide their kids with a good and happy life...but to some extent or for some large extent unsupervised and spoiled. Seeing kids be reckless also reminds me to not lose track of my own children as they get older and to make sure they know not to be reckless and stupid. I know to some extent all teenagers will do stupid things but I guess it's a question of not doing anything "too stupid".

It made me and DH talk about making sure our children don't get in with the wrong crowd and know to not be in dangerous situations.

I never liked guns and when I was young, I had an uncle that would shoot his pellet gun at me just to mess around. Needless to say he wasn't a nice uncle and I hid in my room a lot because I never knew if he would actually hit me with it. So I don't like guns whatsever...I'm even hesitant about water guns because of it.

Cool I got a 2000th posting...awesome!!

SpaceGal
Yeah you wonder where are parents these days. I know lots are working their butts off to provide their kids with a good and happy life...but to some extent or for some large extent unsupervised and spoiled. Seeing kids be reckless also reminds me to not lose track of my own children as they get older and to make sure they know not to be reckless and stupid. I know to some extent all teenagers will do stupid things but I guess it's a question of not doing anything "too stupid".

It made me and DH talk about making sure our children don't get in with the wrong crowd and know to not be in dangerous situations.

I never liked guns and when I was young, I had an uncle that would shoot his pellet gun at me just to mess around. Needless to say he wasn't a nice uncle and I hid in my room a lot because I never knew if he would actually hit me with it. So I don't like guns whatsever...I'm even hesitant about water guns because of it.

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

SpaceGal

cheyennemom
07-08-2006, 10:09 PM
So, there are some kids shooting off bb guns on your property? Can you go ask them to please leave because you are afraid they will shoot your child? If they say no, could you go knock on the door of thier house?
It doesn't seem like a crazy idea to want them to leave. You could even suggest that you don't mind if they are just looking for frogs but that the gun makes you nervous.

cheyennemom
So, there are some kids shooting off bb guns on your property? Can you go ask them to please leave because you are afraid they will shoot your child? If they say no, could you go knock on the door of thier house?
It doesn't seem like a crazy idea to want them to leave. You could even suggest that you don't mind if they are just looking for frogs but that the gun makes you nervous.

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

cheyennemom

trumansmom
07-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. :) Glad things are calming down around your yard!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne