PDA

View Full Version : When did my mom's legs get attached to MY body?!

Moneypenny
07-07-2006, 09:12 AM
This is pretty petty, I admit. I have a pretty good body image, but I've never had good legs. When I was younger it was because they were scrawny. No amount of exercise, running, weight training, body sculpting, etc would give me any kind of bulk or muscle definition. But I accepted that with the full realization that there are many worse things in the world to have than scrawny legs. But I suddenly have my mother's very unattractive legs - still scrawny and yet covered with cellulite, spider veins, and other unseemly splotches. What gives? How can legs be scrawny AND covered in cellulite at the same time? Genetics are so unfair...

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

Moneypenny
This is pretty petty, I admit. I have a pretty good body image, but I've never had good legs. When I was younger it was because they were scrawny. No amount of exercise, running, weight training, body sculpting, etc would give me any kind of bulk or muscle definition. But I accepted that with the full realization that there are many worse things in the world to have than scrawny legs. But I suddenly have my mother's very unattractive legs - still scrawny and yet covered with cellulite, spider veins, and other unseemly splotches. What gives? How can legs be scrawny AND covered in cellulite at the same time? Genetics are so unfair...

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

chiqanita
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm right there with you Susan.

However, my mom's legs are great, thin but very nice and no veins or cellulite. I have my aunt's legs on dad's side. short and veiny! I saw my first spider veins in high school...it's just gotten worse since. I told DH that I'm going to do something about them if they get any worse! Auntie's legs are covered in vericose veins. She blames it on being a waitress her whole life. I'm a teacher and now SAHM. Genetics. :P

chiqanita

However, my mom's legs are great, thin but very nice and no veins or cellulite. I have my aunt's legs on dad's side. short and veiny! I saw my first spider veins in high school...it's just gotten worse since. I told DH that I'm going to do something about them if they get any worse! Auntie's legs are covered in vericose veins. She blames it on being a waitress her whole life. I'm a teacher and now SAHM. Genetics. :P

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

niccig
07-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I've got my Dad's - chunky, and on my sister and I it translates to cellulite too. I was just shopping for some pants, nothing. Looks like it's skirts, knee length, for me this summer....sigh...

niccig
I've got my Dad's - chunky, and on my sister and I it translates to cellulite too. I was just shopping for some pants, nothing. Looks like it's skirts, knee length, for me this summer....sigh...

niccig

niccig

niccig

niccig

niccig

niccig

niccig

Lovingliv
07-09-2006, 07:42 PM
You know, I am 5 inches taller than my mom, and when I gain weight- I am her exact twin.
I can carry a lot of weight, but my shape is hers!!!!

Lovingliv
You know, I am 5 inches taller than my mom, and when I gain weight- I am her exact twin.

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv

Lovingliv