PDA

View Full Version : People who park illegally...

MegND95
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
This drives me batty, and will cause me be to be arrested some day for certain. Our local community center has a circular drive for drop off and pick-ups. Meaning you pull up, kid gets out/in, driver moves on. It is not intended to be a parking area. There is a huge lot just five yards away for parking.

Today, when I arrive at the community center to take my daughter into day camp, there is a car parked in the circle drive, hazards blinking. It's another Mom, who left her car there, went into the center and dropped off her kids at camp. It's raining, and the rest of us non-special people are dragging our kids and sometimes siblings, through the parking lot into the building. Why is this woman so special?? She was not visibly disabled. She was not pregnant. Not carrying in a newborn. Nothing about her indicated that she was in any way, shape or form, unable to walk the extra few yards from the legally marked parking spaces. I was so close to calling her on it, but given today is my dd's birthday, I thought better than making a huge scene in public.

I see this happen all over my town. At ds's pre-school there was a Mom who always left her car parked right by the door, rather than in the lot. It burns me to no end. I have three kids, and sure, it can be a pain to drag them through parking lots in rain, sleet or snow, but I don't think that gives me the right to park anywhere I please.

I feel so much better!

MegND95
This drives me batty, and will cause me be to be arrested some day for certain. Our local community center has a circular drive for drop off and pick-ups. Meaning you pull up, kid gets out/in, driver moves on. It is not intended to be a parking area. There is a huge lot just five yards away for parking.

Today, when I arrive at the community center to take my daughter into day camp, there is a car parked in the circle drive, hazards blinking. It's another Mom, who left her car there, went into the center and dropped off her kids at camp. It's raining, and the rest of us non-special people are dragging our kids and sometimes siblings, through the parking lot into the building. Why is this woman so special?? She was not visibly disabled. She was not pregnant. Not carrying in a newborn. Nothing about her indicated that she was in any way, shape or form, unable to walk the extra few yards from the legally marked parking spaces. I was so close to calling her on it, but given today is my dd's birthday, I thought better than making a huge scene in public.

I see this happen all over my town. At ds's pre-school there was a Mom who always left her car parked right by the door, rather than in the lot. It burns me to no end. I have three kids, and sure, it can be a pain to drag them through parking lots in rain, sleet or snow, but I don't think that gives me the right to park anywhere I please.

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

MegND95

I feel so much better!

elliput
07-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I understand completely. Some people just have no concept of time and think the 5 minutes that it actually takes to make a drop off in front of the building is only 30 seconds. That and they just don't think all the rules apply to them. Clueless Wonders, as I wonder what the heck happened to their clue.

elliput
I understand completely. Some people just have no concept of time and think the 5 minutes that it actually takes to make a drop off in front of the building is only 30 seconds. That and they just don't think all the rules apply to them. Clueless Wonders, as I wonder what the heck happened to their clue.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

cmo
07-11-2006, 03:32 PM
We have 'em here, too! I call them 'Precious Parkers', since they are too precious to park with the rest of us unwashed masses who follow the rules and common courtesy. I have given sideways looks to precious parkers with one child while herding my 2 while 8 months pregnant, or more recently, herding the same 2 with my infant in a carseat as well. I figure, at least I'm gettin' some exercise, and there's always karma. :-)

cmo
We have 'em here, too! I call them 'Precious Parkers', since they are too precious to park with the rest of us unwashed masses who follow the rules and common courtesy. I have given sideways looks to precious parkers with one child while herding my 2 while 8 months pregnant, or more recently, herding the same 2 with my infant in a carseat as well. I figure, at least I'm gettin' some exercise, and there's always karma. :-)

cmo

cmo

cmo

cmo

cmo

cmo

cmo

Marisa6826
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, as you mentioned, she had no obvious disability. However, just because it's not obvious doesn't mean that something may not exist.

I have asthma, I also have Multiple Sclerosis and a heart condition. None of them are obvious to the average person. Some days are worse than others and you have to do what you have to do.

Instead of being ticked about it, maybe ask her next time if you can help her out. Or at the very least appreciate that you have the abiility to walk the distance.

I'm not trying to be snarky, and I know it's the Bitching Post. I'm just offering up a different side of the situation. FWIW, my biggest pet peeve is people that take up two parking spaces to keep their precious cars from being dinged. Those are the ones that I intentionally surround with shopping carts. }(

Don't even get me started on the ones that can't park in a space evenly so you can actually open the door to get out after they've gotten too close to your side. Grrrr!

-m

Marisa6826
Well, as you mentioned, she had no obvious disability. However, just because it's not obvious doesn't mean that something may not exist.

I have asthma, I also have Multiple Sclerosis and a heart condition. None of them are obvious to the average person. Some days are worse than others and you have to do what you have to do.

Instead of being ticked about it, maybe ask her next time if you can help her out. Or at the very least appreciate that you have the abiility to walk the distance.

I'm not trying to be snarky, and I know it's the Bitching Post. I'm just offering up a different side of the situation. FWIW, my biggest pet peeve is people that take up two parking spaces to keep their precious cars from being dinged. Those are the ones that I intentionally surround with shopping carts. }(

Don't even get me started on the ones that can't park in a space evenly so you can actually open the door to get out after they've gotten too close to your side. Grrrr!

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

kcimato
07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah I just love the people who put their blinkers on and park where they may. So what does it mean if your parked illeagally and have blinkers on ? Does it make it legal?

kcimato
Yeah I just love the people who put their blinkers on and park where they may. So what does it mean if your parked illeagally and have blinkers on ? Does it make it legal?

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

kcimato

chlobo
07-12-2006, 06:28 AM
The ones that drive me crazy are the ones who park behind or in front of a legal space just to safe about 5 feet. I see people doing this in front of pizza joints allt he time. Like the effort to pull into the legal spot is just too much. Who do *they* think they are? It's literally 5 feet closer.

chlobo
The ones that drive me crazy are the ones who park behind or in front of a legal space just to safe about 5 feet. I see people doing this in front of pizza joints allt he time. Like the effort to pull into the legal spot is just too much. Who do *they* think they are? It's literally 5 feet closer.

chlobo

chlobo

chlobo

chlobo

chlobo

chlobo

chlobo

crl
07-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Good point, but don't people with these issues usally have a handicap plate or something?

crl
Good point, but don't people with these issues usally have a handicap plate or something?

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

Marisa6826
07-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Nope. I don't. In fact, I would feel funny taking a handicapped spot 'from' somebody that was in a wheelchair or scooter. etc. A person that has had a stroke or is a quad or parapalegic surely needs that spot more than I do, KWIM?

-m

Marisa6826
Nope. I don't. In fact, I would feel funny taking a handicapped spot 'from' somebody that was in a wheelchair or scooter. etc. A person that has had a stroke or is a quad or parapalegic surely needs that spot more than I do, KWIM?

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

crl
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

crl
Thanks for answering.

LD92599
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Someone at daycare did this today where they parked just a teeny crooked, but enough to close up the spot next to them! Ughhhh....

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

LD92599
Someone at daycare did this today where they parked just a teeny crooked, but enough to close up the spot next to them! Ughhhh....

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura

LD92599

Laura