PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I did that!

BaileyBea
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I had a hectic morning, taking my BF's two older children w/me and DS to Symphony in the park then to eat. Finally when we were leaving the Restaurant, We walk to my car... 16 mth old DS, 3 year old Girl, and a 5 year old boy. I notice that on one side of my car is a HUGE SUV! A Texas Cadillac (AKA the Suburban!) parked no less than 2 inches from my car.

I could not open the door on the left side of the car nor the right side since there was tree about 3 inches away.

Note: I am 8 months preggo and have a HUGE Belly.

What do I do? ... open the back window to the car, through the trunk, over 3 car seats in the back seat to the front. Tell the kids to wait on the curb. It took me 15 minutes to pull out of the space. By this time I am worried about the 3 kids on the side curb, the car, my bruised up belly etc.. I am MAD!!!!!

So I am finally out, I load up the kids, give them a cookie and water. Write a nasty note on and leave it on the suburban's window telling them what jerks they were for parking in a "Small Car" space, so close to my car that I couldn't get my pregnant belly in the car and how much pain and stress they caused me all because they "HAD" to park in the "Small Car" space. How they put the kids in a dangerous situation waiting on the curb and a Mom in a very stressful situation. How I had to crawl through the trunk w/my big belly over the car seats etc.. I left the note on their front window.

Then... just because .. I wrote "JERK" on their dirty car window. I can't believe I did that. I was just at the end of my rope!

But if they only knew the morning I had w/3 kids and one huge belly in 90 degree heat! Well... if they only knew! Let's just say that's the last time I babysit for my BF who always tells me she only needs me to Babysit for 2 hours and it's always more like 5 hours. She's never on time! She gave me no money, so the symphony, the balloons, the lunch were all paid for by me. ARGH! The parking thing just sent me over the edge. I'm laughing now though only to keep me from going insane.

Again... no good deed goes left unpunished.

BaileyBea
I had a hectic morning, taking my BF's two older children w/me and DS to Symphony in the park then to eat. Finally when we were leaving the Restaurant, We walk to my car... 16 mth old DS, 3 year old Girl, and a 5 year old boy. I notice that on one side of my car is a HUGE SUV! A Texas Cadillac (AKA the Suburban!) parked no less than 2 inches from my car.

I could not open the door on the left side of the car nor the right side since there was tree about 3 inches away.

What do I do? ... open the back window to the car, through the trunk, over 3 car seats in the back seat to the front. Tell the kids to wait on the curb. It took me 15 minutes to pull out of the space. By this time I am worried about the 3 kids on the side curb, the car, my bruised up belly etc.. I am MAD!!!!!

So I am finally out, I load up the kids, give them a cookie and water. Write a nasty note on and leave it on the suburban's window telling them what jerks they were for parking in a "Small Car" space, so close to my car that I couldn't get my pregnant belly in the car and how much pain and stress they caused me all because they "HAD" to park in the "Small Car" space. How they put the kids in a dangerous situation waiting on the curb and a Mom in a very stressful situation. How I had to crawl through the trunk w/my big belly over the car seats etc.. I left the note on their front window.

Then... just because .. I wrote "JERK" on their dirty car window. I can't believe I did that. I was just at the end of my rope!

But if they only knew the morning I had w/3 kids and one huge belly in 90 degree heat! Well... if they only knew! Let's just say that's the last time I babysit for my BF who always tells me she only needs me to Babysit for 2 hours and it's always more like 5 hours. She's never on time! She gave me no money, so the symphony, the balloons, the lunch were all paid for by me. ARGH! The parking thing just sent me over the edge. I'm laughing now though only to keep me from going insane.

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

amp
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow, actually I think you were rather restrained and was expecting much worse!

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

saschalicks
07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I am so proud of you. You did exactly what you should have done. That person was an a$$hole. What I kept thinking was that you were going to say that the next thing you knew there was a suburban with jerk on the window pulling into your next door neighbors driveway.

saschalicks
I am so proud of you. You did exactly what you should have done. That person was an a$$hole. What I kept thinking was that you were going to say that the next thing you knew there was a suburban with jerk on the window pulling into your next door neighbors driveway.

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

kijip
07-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I hear ya! As I have stated this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I am glad you got out of the spot!

kijip
I hear ya! As I have stated this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I am glad you got out of the spot!

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

lisams
07-12-2006, 07:35 PM
What a pain, I was trying to picture it and I got stressed just imagining it. What a jerk! And what the heck is your friend thinking? I'm sorry she isn't being more considerate. Perhaps you could ask her to babysit for you to "pay" you back?

Hope tomorrow is a calm day for you!

lisams
What a pain, I was trying to picture it and I got stressed just imagining it. What a jerk! And what the heck is your friend thinking? I'm sorry she isn't being more considerate. Perhaps you could ask her to babysit for you to "pay" you back?

lisams

lisams

lisams

lisams

lisams

lisams

lisams

crl
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
That's horrible! Not what you did. The stupid SUV driver! I'm not sure I would have been so restrained.

Maybe the SUV driver will get keyed someday. Sorry about your friend too.

crl
That's horrible! Not what you did. The stupid SUV driver! I'm not sure I would have been so restrained.

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

trumansmom
07-12-2006, 09:14 PM
That does not sound like fun. However, I'm so glad you had the presence of mind to leave a note. The "JERK" in the dirt was a giant bonus! Go YOU!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom
That does not sound like fun. However, I'm so glad you had the presence of mind to leave a note. The "JERK" in the dirt was a giant bonus! Go YOU!!

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

mamato1
07-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Good for you. I have to admit I would have thought about doing something to the car that is a little more permanent than writing in the dirty window IYKWIM! I think you showed remarkable restraint!

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

mamato1
Good for you. I have to admit I would have thought about doing something to the car that is a little more permanent than writing in the dirty window IYKWIM! I think you showed remarkable restraint!

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

Saartje
07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I wonder if the dirt you wrote JERK in was that fake spray-on dirt they sell so SUV drivers won't look like asshats for using a "sports" vehicle only in the city. :P

Saartje
I wonder if the dirt you wrote JERK in was that fake spray-on dirt they sell so SUV drivers won't look like asshats for using a "sports" vehicle only in the city. :P

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

maestramommy
07-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh, I totally hear you. My big beef is people who take up 2 spaces because they are too careless to park in one one space or straighten their car. We see that a lot around my town. It drives me nuts now that I have to get a little one in and out of the carseat and need the space to open the door wider.

I don't think you were wrong to write JERK. My DH would've probably written @sshole.

maestramommy
Oh, I totally hear you. My big beef is people who take up 2 spaces because they are too careless to park in one one space or straighten their car. We see that a lot around my town. It drives me nuts now that I have to get a little one in and out of the carseat and need the space to open the door wider.

I don't think you were wrong to write JERK. My DH would've probably written @sshole.

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

kali
07-18-2006, 04:32 AM
OMG!! Are you kidding me?!! The only thing I find shocking is that you have any guilt/shame about writing "JERK" on the window! You were even nice enough to explain to them why you did it! Honestly, I wouldn't have felt a twinge of regret about letting the air out of their tires.

Regardless of all the other circumstances (your being hugely pregnant, BF taking advantage, number/age of kids in your care, etc.) the spot was for COMPACT CARS. The parking spots have designations to accomodate all those possible conditions! That Suburban driver is no different than the jerks who park in spots reserved for disabled people, or those who park right next to those spots and leave their shopping carts in the shaded area.

Kali,
Mom to Sammy, born 7/16/04

kali
OMG!! Are you kidding me?!! The only thing I find shocking is that you have any guilt/shame about writing "JERK" on the window! You were even nice enough to explain to them why you did it! Honestly, I wouldn't have felt a twinge of regret about letting the air out of their tires.

Regardless of all the other circumstances (your being hugely pregnant, BF taking advantage, number/age of kids in your care, etc.) the spot was for COMPACT CARS. The parking spots have designations to accomodate all those possible conditions! That Suburban driver is no different than the jerks who park in spots reserved for disabled people, or those who park right next to those spots and leave their shopping carts in the shaded area.

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kali

Kali,

kozachka
07-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Hugs, I got stressed out just from reading about this. If I were in your shoes, I would have kicked the car a few time to see if that would start its alarm, called cops to see if they can tow/ticket the SUV and as a last resort dinged its door with mine. If it makes you feel any better, I am fuming on your behalf.

kozachka
Hugs, I got stressed out just from reading about this. If I were in your shoes, I would have kicked the car a few time to see if that would start its alarm, called cops to see if they can tow/ticket the SUV and as a last resort dinged its door with mine. If it makes you feel any better, I am fuming on your behalf.

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

tarabenet
07-18-2006, 06:22 PM
FOR SHAME!
And not you. That rotten driver. "Jerk" doesn't cover it, when it put you through all that.

I hope you never get stuck that way again, but if you do, follow this lead instead. I once came back to my car to find that someone had parked with less than half an inch of clearance next to me -- and they did the same thing to the car on their other side. A small crowd of people were actually gathering to look at this! Clearly, the jerk who did it had climbed out the back of his pickup, through the camper top and out the back window. Someone in the little crowd called the police for me. The officers got a huge laugh out of it, figured out how to get my car out of there (involved driving up on the sidewalk in front of the car and down to an open space and out, something I'd never ever have the nerve to do), and waited around for the other driver to come out. I don't know what they cited him with, but I know they were looking forward to chatting with him, IYKWIM.

In your situation -- very pregnant, getting hot, with 3 toddlers in tow -- I would even call 9-1-1, although in my case, we used the non-emergency number. Sorry to hi-jack. Hoping everyone get a little smile from it. And hoping it might come in handy for someone else one of these days.

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!
And not you. That rotten driver. "Jerk" doesn't cover it, when it put you through all that.

I hope you never get stuck that way again, but if you do, follow this lead instead. I once came back to my car to find that someone had parked with less than half an inch of clearance next to me -- and they did the same thing to the car on their other side. A small crowd of people were actually gathering to look at this! Clearly, the jerk who did it had climbed out the back of his pickup, through the camper top and out the back window. Someone in the little crowd called the police for me. The officers got a huge laugh out of it, figured out how to get my car out of there (involved driving up on the sidewalk in front of the car and down to an open space and out, something I'd never ever have the nerve to do), and waited around for the other driver to come out. I don't know what they cited him with, but I know they were looking forward to chatting with him, IYKWIM.

In your situation -- very pregnant, getting hot, with 3 toddlers in tow -- I would even call 9-1-1, although in my case, we used the non-emergency number. Sorry to hi-jack. Hoping everyone get a little smile from it. And hoping it might come in handy for someone else one of these days.

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

tarabenet
FOR SHAME!

mimieliza
07-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh, they are just lucky you didn't scratch the word JERK into their paint!

I'm only six months along, but sticking out there. EVERYONE in the town I live in drives an ENORMOUS pickup truck. My poor Honda Accord has so many dings in the door from these huge vehicles. I'm already having trouble getting into my car at times.

I think I'll keep a pad of paper and a pen in my car for just such a situation. And I hope I have as much restraint as you did - I'll try to avoid causing any permanent damage. :)

mimieliza

I'm only six months along, but sticking out there. EVERYONE in the town I live in drives an ENORMOUS pickup truck. My poor Honda Accord has so many dings in the door from these huge vehicles. I'm already having trouble getting into my car at times.

I think I'll keep a pad of paper and a pen in my car for just such a situation. And I hope I have as much restraint as you did - I'll try to avoid causing any permanent damage. :)

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza

mimieliza