PDA

View Full Version : well, it's official...

Mommy_Again
07-13-2006, 06:41 AM
I am the only one left in my circle of friends to not have moved on to baby #2. The only other holdout announced yesterday that she was pregnant. I swear, I almost burst into tears right there at the Chick-Fil-A table.

Referencing another thread, I *know* that other marriages aren't perfect, and you can never tell what goes on behind closed doors (heck, I bet a lot of my friends think *I* have a good marriage). But it is so hard to see everyone else in happy relationships, having sex with their spouse no less, and moving on with their lives. This is supposed to be one the happiest stages of life: building a young family, filling your house with precious little ones. And here I am, stuck in an impossible situation with a beautiful child and an alcoholic, abusive, adulterating husband. Well, maybe "stuck" is the wrong word - I am meeting with an attorney next week.

Sorry for the bitch, I am just having a pity party today.

Mommy_Again
I am the only one left in my circle of friends to not have moved on to baby #2. The only other holdout announced yesterday that she was pregnant. I swear, I almost burst into tears right there at the Chick-Fil-A table.

Referencing another thread, I *know* that other marriages aren't perfect, and you can never tell what goes on behind closed doors (heck, I bet a lot of my friends think *I* have a good marriage). But it is so hard to see everyone else in happy relationships, having sex with their spouse no less, and moving on with their lives. This is supposed to be one the happiest stages of life: building a young family, filling your house with precious little ones. And here I am, stuck in an impossible situation with a beautiful child and an alcoholic, abusive, adulterating husband. Well, maybe "stuck" is the wrong word - I am meeting with an attorney next week.

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

mariza
07-13-2006, 07:57 AM
So sorry you are feeling this way Mama!!! I know that anything I can say probably won't help, but just wanted you to know that I think you are very brave for making the decisions that have brought you to where you are now.
Just think what a good role model you are being for your son, showing him what a strong woman you are and setting a positive example of how a wife & mother should be treated.
Focus on getting yourself and DS into a positive environment and I'm sure someday you too will have DC #2 with a man who can truly appreciate both of you! Good Luck!

mariza
So sorry you are feeling this way Mama!!! I know that anything I can say probably won't help, but just wanted you to know that I think you are very brave for making the decisions that have brought you to where you are now.
Just think what a good role model you are being for your son, showing him what a strong woman you are and setting a positive example of how a wife & mother should be treated.
Focus on getting yourself and DS into a positive environment and I'm sure someday you too will have DC #2 with a man who can truly appreciate both of you! Good Luck!

mariza

mariza

mariza

mariza

mariza

mariza

mariza

aliceinwonderland
07-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I am sorry. :( :( :(

Does it help that IRL I know a few unhappy people in miserable marriages that keep having second and third kids?? The two are not related, as you say. For one particular couple, when word of the new fetus arrived, the second thing I said in private to my husband was "Wow. They have sex?"

You are doing the right thing for yourself and your kid, and right now that is calling the lawyer. You are doing your very best under very hard circumstances not entirely in your control. Onward!!

aliceinwonderland

Does it help that IRL I know a few unhappy people in miserable marriages that keep having second and third kids?? The two are not related, as you say. For one particular couple, when word of the new fetus arrived, the second thing I said in private to my husband was "Wow. They have sex?"

You are doing the right thing for yourself and your kid, and right now that is calling the lawyer. You are doing your very best under very hard circumstances not entirely in your control. Onward!!

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

saschalicks
07-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Don't be sorry! That's what we're here for. {{{{Hugs}}}} to you mama! Remember what you are doing is honorable and much harder then anything we could imagine. But you are plugging through anyway. You have my undying admiration!

saschalicks
Don't be sorry! That's what we're here for. {{{{Hugs}}}} to you mama! Remember what you are doing is honorable and much harder then anything we could imagine. But you are plugging through anyway. You have my undying admiration!

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

niccig
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
You're doing everything you need to care for you and DS. I know it's difficult to not compare yourself to others around you. Please keep being the strong and wonderful woman and mother that you are.

Nicci

niccig
You're doing everything you need to care for you and DS. I know it's difficult to not compare yourself to others around you. Please keep being the strong and wonderful woman and mother that you are.

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

kijip
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Just remind yourself that it would be that much harder to do the great thing you are doing with a new little one. Glad to see that you are making some progress. Your beautiful child deserves the strong steps you are taking and not to be forgotton, you deserve them too!

kijip
Just remind yourself that it would be that much harder to do the great thing you are doing with a new little one. Glad to see that you are making some progress. Your beautiful child deserves the strong steps you are taking and not to be forgotton, you deserve them too!

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

s_gosney
07-13-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but as the pp have so elegantly stated, you are doing the admirable, strong thing right now, as much as it sucks to have to do. And I echo the thought that those who appear to have it all together rarely do. We women are pros as putting our best foot forward, but _everyone_ has those unseen hardships. Big hugs to you and please feel free to vent here anytime as you continue in this process.

ETC word that changed meaning of sentence.

s_gosney
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but as the pp have so elegantly stated, you are doing the admirable, strong thing right now, as much as it sucks to have to do. And I echo the thought that those who appear to have it all together rarely do. We women are pros as putting our best foot forward, but _everyone_ has those unseen hardships. Big hugs to you and please feel free to vent here anytime as you continue in this process.

s_gosney

s_gosney

s_gosney

s_gosney

s_gosney

s_gosney

s_gosney

Puddy73
07-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Big hugs!!! I'm sorry that you are having a rough time. For what it's worth, I doubt that everyone in your circle of friends is as happy as they appear. I'll bet that someone in that group is looking enviously at you and wishing that she had your strength. You are taking control, moving forward and doing the right thing for yourself and your DS. THAT is an admirable thing, even though it isn't easy.

Feel free to bitch away in the meantime!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Puddy73
Big hugs!!! I'm sorry that you are having a rough time. For what it's worth, I doubt that everyone in your circle of friends is as happy as they appear. I'll bet that someone in that group is looking enviously at you and wishing that she had your strength. You are taking control, moving forward and doing the right thing for yourself and your DS. THAT is an admirable thing, even though it isn't easy.

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

Puddy73

Jennifer

mamato1
07-16-2006, 10:51 PM
First, never apologize for bitching in the bitching post. That is why it is here.

Second, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. You are absolutely right that your situation is unfair. In fact, it sucks. I wish I had something wise to say that would make you feel better. But truth is that there are no such words. I hope that you find peace in the fact that you are being an amazing mother to your child. Your strength and courage are inspiring. I wish you all the best searching out and following new dreams and wishes as you take charge of moving your life in a positive new direction. God bless you.

Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

mamato1
First, never apologize for bitching in the bitching post. That is why it is here.

Second, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. You are absolutely right that your situation is unfair. In fact, it sucks. I wish I had something wise to say that would make you feel better. But truth is that there are no such words. I hope that you find peace in the fact that you are being an amazing mother to your child. Your strength and courage are inspiring. I wish you all the best searching out and following new dreams and wishes as you take charge of moving your life in a positive new direction. God bless you.

Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

mamato1

Chris

candybomiller
07-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Ashley,

You are an amazing person. I have no doubt that when the time and situation are right, you will be the one announcing your happy news. Right now you are doing what's best for you and the child you already have. That makes you a hero in my book.

candybomiller
Ashley,

You are an amazing person. I have no doubt that when the time and situation are right, you will be the one announcing your happy news. Right now you are doing what's best for you and the child you already have. That makes you a hero in my book.

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

candybomiller
Ashley,

TahliasMom
07-17-2006, 01:02 AM
hugs to you mama! i'm right there with you except that i took the step and filed for divorce end of June! yes it sucks to be not on #2, believe me I cried everytime I would fine out another one of my friend's was pregnant but keep your perspective. No reason to have #2 with someone like that! And you're never stuck!!! And there's life after...believe me, it took me 8 months to realize that and i'm still still digging my way out and learning to cope with my decisions...please email if you want to chat...

hugs...

TahliasMom
hugs to you mama! i'm right there with you except that i took the step and filed for divorce end of June! yes it sucks to be not on #2, believe me I cried everytime I would fine out another one of my friend's was pregnant but keep your perspective. No reason to have #2 with someone like that! And you're never stuck!!! And there's life after...believe me, it took me 8 months to realize that and i'm still still digging my way out and learning to cope with my decisions...please email if you want to chat...

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...

TahliasMom

hugs...