PDA

View Full Version : MIL

buddyleebaby
07-13-2006, 10:37 AM
asks me if Abigail can have a cup full of ice cubes. I say no.

A minute later I look over and she is feeding Abigail ice chips that she has chewed up for her.

Blech.

buddyleebaby

A minute later I look over and she is feeding Abigail ice chips that she has chewed up for her.

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

buddyleebaby

Blech.

Lynnie
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
ewwwwwwwwww

once my grandma gave my 8 month old a huge gob of the sweet sticky fruit/cheese filling from a breakfast pastry from her smoky (3 packs a day) finger. (no, he wasn't allowed to have breakfast pastry at that age either, nor was I crazy about the thought of him licking/sucking on a finger that has held millions of cigarettes over the years).

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

once my grandma gave my 8 month old a huge gob of the sweet sticky fruit/cheese filling from a breakfast pastry from her smoky (3 packs a day) finger. (no, he wasn't allowed to have breakfast pastry at that age either, nor was I crazy about the thought of him licking/sucking on a finger that has held millions of cigarettes over the years).

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

Lynnie
ewwwwwwwwww

random
07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
OMG! I am so sorry! I would have flipped out! How did you control yourself and not completely lost it? You have way more self-control than I would have! ;)

random
OMG! I am so sorry! I would have flipped out! How did you control yourself and not completely lost it? You have way more self-control than I would have! ;)

random

random

random

random

random

random

random

niccig
07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Yukkkky. Sometimes I think we need to take a stand. When you say no and they still go ahead and do it, they're totally disregarding us. My mum tried to give DS french fries after I specifically said it was something he wasn't going to eat for a while. She tried to argue her case, I very bluntly said I'm his mother, I said no and I'm not discussing it further. I didn't mean to argue about french fries with my mother, but I was so annoyed with her doing what she wanted regardless of my feelings. She was p'oed, but her attitude has been slightly better towards me and I'm more confident in saying no. Up until then I don't think she fully realized that I was the mother and that I had the final say.

Nicci

niccig
Yukkkky. Sometimes I think we need to take a stand. When you say no and they still go ahead and do it, they're totally disregarding us. My mum tried to give DS french fries after I specifically said it was something he wasn't going to eat for a while. She tried to argue her case, I very bluntly said I'm his mother, I said no and I'm not discussing it further. I didn't mean to argue about french fries with my mother, but I was so annoyed with her doing what she wanted regardless of my feelings. She was p'oed, but her attitude has been slightly better towards me and I'm more confident in saying no. Up until then I don't think she fully realized that I was the mother and that I had the final say.

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

amp
07-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Good lord! What the heck are people thinking?? I'm always shaking my head over what some people, including famly, think is appropriate. I might just have went completely ballistic on her!

amp
Good lord! What the heck are people thinking?? I'm always shaking my head over what some people, including famly, think is appropriate. I might just have went completely ballistic on her!

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

Beth568
07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
That's just NASTY. :( My MIL loves to give my kids food from her mouth, and when they were tiny babies she'd take their hands and put them in her mouth all the time and pretend to bite them, or slurp on their little fingers, etc. I always thought that was just VILE.

People do really weird things with kids. Ick.

Beth568
That's just NASTY. :( My MIL loves to give my kids food from her mouth, and when they were tiny babies she'd take their hands and put them in her mouth all the time and pretend to bite them, or slurp on their little fingers, etc. I always thought that was just VILE.

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568

Beth568