PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Postman

pampamz
07-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm frustrated. I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get my Very Important Everyday Minerals order. I was in the front room tidying up and saw the mailman go by my front lawn.

Not wanting to appear TOO eager, I waited a few minutes before running to the mailbox with baited breath to see if my order was here.

Nope, just a *We Missed You* tag saying to p/u the parcel tomorrow from the post office because we were not home.

Not so! I was here! There was no knock!

I have a suspicion that my letter carrier writes out these notices and never actually has the parcels but leaves them in his truck because he doesn't feel like hauling parcels on his route.

I'm calling the Postal Authorities. Ok...maybe not, but I am a little miffed!

Signing off my b-tch now. It does seem a tad petty now that I have re-read it...

pampamz
I'm frustrated. I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get my Very Important Everyday Minerals order. I was in the front room tidying up and saw the mailman go by my front lawn.

Not wanting to appear TOO eager, I waited a few minutes before running to the mailbox with baited breath to see if my order was here.

Nope, just a *We Missed You* tag saying to p/u the parcel tomorrow from the post office because we were not home.

I have a suspicion that my letter carrier writes out these notices and never actually has the parcels but leaves them in his truck because he doesn't feel like hauling parcels on his route.

Signing off my b-tch now. It does seem a tad petty now that I have re-read it...

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

elliput
07-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I think you should call your postmaster and find out what the deal is with your carrier. I didn't think the USPS was making that much in budget cuts that they are now expecting customer to pick-up their own packages. I'd be majorly miffed too!

elliput
I think you should call your postmaster and find out what the deal is with your carrier. I didn't think the USPS was making that much in budget cuts that they are now expecting customer to pick-up their own packages. I'd be majorly miffed too!

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

buddyleebaby
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I hate that. My postman does that too, or he justs throws the package in the general direction of the front door.
I caught my fed ex guy doing this once. I saw the truck pull up outside and was waiting by the front door. Well, a "Sorry we missed you note" comes under the door, no knock or anything. So I open the door and he's standing there with empty hands waiting for the elevator. I asked "DO you have a package for me?" and he said "Oh, I'll have to go get it."
WTH? I still can't figure that one out. Don't Fed Ex guys get paid by the number of packages they deliver?
This is turning in to a hijack...I just wanted to offer my sympathy. I have spent way too much time waiting for packages lately.

buddyleebaby
I hate that. My postman does that too, or he justs throws the package in the general direction of the front door.
I caught my fed ex guy doing this once. I saw the truck pull up outside and was waiting by the front door. Well, a "Sorry we missed you note" comes under the door, no knock or anything. So I open the door and he's standing there with empty hands waiting for the elevator. I asked "DO you have a package for me?" and he said "Oh, I'll have to go get it."
WTH? I still can't figure that one out. Don't Fed Ex guys get paid by the number of packages they deliver?
This is turning in to a hijack...I just wanted to offer my sympathy. I have spent way too much time waiting for packages lately.

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

pampamz
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the support! Not that this is a serious bitch, I feel kind of bad even typing it because it really is petty, but oh well.

That would have been awesome to have caught him empty handed. If only I had opened the door right after he came and I could have ran across my grass, "Oh Mr. Postman, you-hoo, I'm here". I can picture it now...it would only have been made better if I was in fluffy slippers, a house-dress and rollers in my hair, chasing him down the sidewalk...

:D

pampamz
Thanks for the support! Not that this is a serious bitch, I feel kind of bad even typing it because it really is petty, but oh well.

That would have been awesome to have caught him empty handed. If only I had opened the door right after he came and I could have ran across my grass, "Oh Mr. Postman, you-hoo, I'm here". I can picture it now...it would only have been made better if I was in fluffy slippers, a house-dress and rollers in my hair, chasing him down the sidewalk...

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

amp
07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
I think you should call to complain. I mean, you were there, and you know he didn't knock. His job is to try to see if he can get you the package, even if it means getting off his lazy butt!

amp
I think you should call to complain. I mean, you were there, and you know he didn't knock. His job is to try to see if he can get you the package, even if it means getting off his lazy butt!

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

ellies mom
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I agree. I think you should call too.

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

m448
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
It's happened to us several times (long winding driveway so the bigger ones he doesn't like carrying up to our door) and call me a witch but I call and complain EVERY SINGLE TIME. If only to have the postmaster realize that I complain to him AND the main USPS #. Hopefully it lights a fire under their butts.

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448
It's happened to us several times (long winding driveway so the bigger ones he doesn't like carrying up to our door) and call me a witch but I call and complain EVERY SINGLE TIME. If only to have the postmaster realize that I complain to him AND the main USPS #. Hopefully it lights a fire under their butts.

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

m448

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

pixiepower
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I have had that happen before, quite a few times. Our postman now leaves things on my front porch regardless of whether I am here or not as long as it doesn't have to be signed for. Usually the "no show" packages and their "we missed you" slips appear when it is a substitute for the day. Very frustrating!!!

pixiepower
I have had that happen before, quite a few times. Our postman now leaves things on my front porch regardless of whether I am here or not as long as it doesn't have to be signed for. Usually the "no show" packages and their "we missed you" slips appear when it is a substitute for the day. Very frustrating!!!

pixiepower

pixiepower

pixiepower

pixiepower

pixiepower

pixiepower

pixiepower

aliceinwonderland
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
This happens to us consistently: I'm home on Fridays, and they've left a note. Most recently, I was expecting some plane tickets in the mail, and I *know* my mom was home all day, and again, sticky. I think this is pretty common, unfortunately.
If I had time to complain, I would. On the other hand, I don't want to PO my mail-person. Lose-lose, I say!

aliceinwonderland
This happens to us consistently: I'm home on Fridays, and they've left a note. Most recently, I was expecting some plane tickets in the mail, and I *know* my mom was home all day, and again, sticky. I think this is pretty common, unfortunately.
If I had time to complain, I would. On the other hand, I don't want to PO my mail-person. Lose-lose, I say!

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

Thatchermom
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I've had this happen too, at Christmastime, no less. Just what I wanted to do, go stand in line with a preschooler for an hour...

I agree with a pp, this generally happens when we have a sub. My regular postman is all but just as interested as I am in the packages we receive. We get odd, large stuff (i.e. slalom waterski in a 6 foot box) and he is always curious when he brings it to the door! Being friendly with the regular has certainly paid off for us. He is very accomodating when we need it.

Thatchermom
I've had this happen too, at Christmastime, no less. Just what I wanted to do, go stand in line with a preschooler for an hour...

I agree with a pp, this generally happens when we have a sub. My regular postman is all but just as interested as I am in the packages we receive. We get odd, large stuff (i.e. slalom waterski in a 6 foot box) and he is always curious when he brings it to the door! Being friendly with the regular has certainly paid off for us. He is very accomodating when we need it.

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

psophia17
07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
You're a fellow Cdn, right? I have found that the USPS is way better than Canada Post for reliable delivery - unless you make nice with the postman. My EM purchase (which was TINY, btw), came just over a week from when I ordered it.

DS was forever waving at ours, and once he got used to that, he would bring packages. At the IL's, however, or before we knew him at our old address, we get the pick-up slip every time.

Maybe you can corner your postman next time in advance of expecting something, so he both knows your on the lookout and that you're on to him...

psophia17
You're a fellow Cdn, right? I have found that the USPS is way better than Canada Post for reliable delivery - unless you make nice with the postman. My EM purchase (which was TINY, btw), came just over a week from when I ordered it.

DS was forever waving at ours, and once he got used to that, he would bring packages. At the IL's, however, or before we knew him at our old address, we get the pick-up slip every time.

Maybe you can corner your postman next time in advance of expecting something, so he both knows your on the lookout and that you're on to him...

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

cmdunn1972
07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
I had that happen once, and I grabbed DS and literally chased Mr Postman down the street! He gave me some line that he rang the bell yada yada yada. It was a lowbrow moment. ;)

So, yeah, I feel your pain!

cmdunn1972
I had that happen once, and I grabbed DS and literally chased Mr Postman down the street! He gave me some line that he rang the bell yada yada yada. It was a lowbrow moment. ;)

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

pampamz
07-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I'm CDN. I thought I had a *friendly* relationship with the postman...maybe he has pent up feelings about a lack of Christmas gift or something!

Thanks for the notes! If it happens again I will call the PO.

As an aside, I did pick up my order and even MORE frustrating was that I had to pay $9.20 duty/tax/handling on it. EM marked the package as having a value of $30 but I paid $22 USD for it, including shipping...which I think drove up the price and flagged it for customs.

GRRR! And I don't even really like the makeup choices I ordered!

I will let this go now.

pampamz
Yeah, I'm CDN. I thought I had a *friendly* relationship with the postman...maybe he has pent up feelings about a lack of Christmas gift or something!

As an aside, I did pick up my order and even MORE frustrating was that I had to pay $9.20 duty/tax/handling on it. EM marked the package as having a value of $30 but I paid $22 USD for it, including shipping...which I think drove up the price and flagged it for customs.

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

pampamz

I will let this go now.

julieakc
07-19-2006, 07:54 PM
This really irks me. Hello...their job is to deliver mail! I'd definitely call and complain.

julieakc
This really irks me. Hello...their job is to deliver mail! I'd definitely call and complain.

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc