PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was only a Christmas-shopping phenomenon

hez
07-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm still flabbergasted that this happened.

Friday, Payton and I were parked in the mall garage 'cause it's flippin' hot here right now and I wanted the shade. When we were done we went out to the van, got situated & I started it up to get it cool. Then I called DH to double-check if we needed to get anything else while we were down that way & we talked for a couple minutes. Better than talking while driving, I thought!

A lady drove behind me, backed up and stopped. I kinda saw her but ignored her 'cause I was talking to DH. Then she tooted her horn. And I ignored her. And then she drove by with her horn blasting.

Since when do I have to leave a parking spot because someone else tooted her horn? What if I had just gotten there and hadn't yet turned my car off (again, it's flippin' hot)? Goodness, gracious, that was unbelievable!

hez

Friday, Payton and I were parked in the mall garage 'cause it's flippin' hot here right now and I wanted the shade. When we were done we went out to the van, got situated & I started it up to get it cool. Then I called DH to double-check if we needed to get anything else while we were down that way & we talked for a couple minutes. Better than talking while driving, I thought!

A lady drove behind me, backed up and stopped. I kinda saw her but ignored her 'cause I was talking to DH. Then she tooted her horn. And I ignored her. And then she drove by with her horn blasting.

Since when do I have to leave a parking spot because someone else tooted her horn? What if I had just gotten there and hadn't yet turned my car off (again, it's flippin' hot)? Goodness, gracious, that was unbelievable!

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

kozachka
07-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Some people are just plain rude. Or maybe her A/C broke and brain melted. Sorry you had to deal with this lady's attitude today.

kozachka
Some people are just plain rude. Or maybe her A/C broke and brain melted. Sorry you had to deal with this lady's attitude today.

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I cant stand it when people do that!
Sorry you had to deal with that!

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

ShayleighCarsensMom

punkrockmama
07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Eh, some people don't wait for the holiday rush to let their inner @sshole out. They work it 365.

I've never had anybody do that do me. I'd probably get out and do some more shopping just to spite them.

I hope the honking didn't scare your little man, and I'm sorry you got treated to jerky behavior.

Karma says she got stuck in traffic on the way home. :)

punkrockmama
Eh, some people don't wait for the holiday rush to let their inner @sshole out. They work it 365.

I've never had anybody do that do me. I'd probably get out and do some more shopping just to spite them.

I hope the honking didn't scare your little man, and I'm sorry you got treated to jerky behavior.

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

american_mama
07-16-2006, 10:40 PM
I agree she was completely rude. You were perfectly reasonable in what you did. That said, she may have seen you buckle DS in the car and thus knew you were leaving rather than coming in. Still doesn't excuse her blaring her horn.

Come to think of it, you could have rolled down your window and waved her by to let her know "It's not worth waiting for, I'm not leaving soon." Although it doesn't sound like she would have taken that well and, once again, you were perfectly reasonable to do what you did. Just wanted to offer an idea if anyone else encounters this situation, hopefully with a more polite stranger.

american_mama
I agree she was completely rude. You were perfectly reasonable in what you did. That said, she may have seen you buckle DS in the car and thus knew you were leaving rather than coming in. Still doesn't excuse her blaring her horn.

Come to think of it, you could have rolled down your window and waved her by to let her know "It's not worth waiting for, I'm not leaving soon." Although it doesn't sound like she would have taken that well and, once again, you were perfectly reasonable to do what you did. Just wanted to offer an idea if anyone else encounters this situation, hopefully with a more polite stranger.

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

Thatchermom
07-17-2006, 02:25 AM
There is a whole book called Tepper Isn't Going Out by Calvin Trillin that is a story about a guy who just parks in New York City, who is never "going out" of his parking spot and what people do in response. It was pretty funny. Some people were so mad, some people came to sit with him and talk thinking he must have some inner peace or wisdom they didn't have to be able to do that.

Hang on to your "inner peace"! Apparently that lady didn't have any:)

Thatchermom
There is a whole book called Tepper Isn't Going Out by Calvin Trillin that is a story about a guy who just parks in New York City, who is never "going out" of his parking spot and what people do in response. It was pretty funny. Some people were so mad, some people came to sit with him and talk thinking he must have some inner peace or wisdom they didn't have to be able to do that.

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

Thatchermom

hez
07-17-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't think she saw me buckle Payton in-- I was on the phone a good 30 seconds before she drove behind me the first time.

I don't know if she'd have seen me wave out the window-- fairly dark in there, and there was a big 'ol SUV parked next to me blocking her view, but that's definitely a thought to keep for the future. I was so surprised at her actions (and so engrossed in my conversation with DH!) that I didn't even have time to react.

Let's just hope there's not a next time :)

hez
I don't think she saw me buckle Payton in-- I was on the phone a good 30 seconds before she drove behind me the first time.

I don't know if she'd have seen me wave out the window-- fairly dark in there, and there was a big 'ol SUV parked next to me blocking her view, but that's definitely a thought to keep for the future. I was so surprised at her actions (and so engrossed in my conversation with DH!) that I didn't even have time to react.

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

muskiesusan
07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Heather, if you were at the mall I think you were, that kind of thing has happened a few times to me! Honestly, it just makes me move slower-if you want to wait for my spot, fine, but don't be rude to me! I don't know how much more expanding they are going to do there, but I hope they add some more garages, the parking is getting ridiculous!

OT-since we are getting to the end of July, I hope we can meet up soon!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan
Heather, if you were at the mall I think you were, that kind of thing has happened a few times to me! Honestly, it just makes me move slower-if you want to wait for my spot, fine, but don't be rude to me! I don't know how much more expanding they are going to do there, but I hope they add some more garages, the parking is getting ridiculous!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

muskiesusan

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

niccig
07-17-2006, 02:09 PM
A lady I know was leaving the YMCA and her daughter was hungry, so she started to BF her in the car. A guy saw her in the car and stopped to wait for the parking spot. After a while, he got out of his car, stuck his head in her window and rudely asked if she was leaving or not. She said the look on his face was priceless when he realised what she was doing. She told him she would leave after her DD had finished eating. He went bright red, and I bet he has NEVER bothered anyone else in a parking lot. Serves him right too.

Nicci

niccig
A lady I know was leaving the YMCA and her daughter was hungry, so she started to BF her in the car. A guy saw her in the car and stopped to wait for the parking spot. After a while, he got out of his car, stuck his head in her window and rudely asked if she was leaving or not. She said the look on his face was priceless when he realised what she was doing. She told him she would leave after her DD had finished eating. He went bright red, and I bet he has NEVER bothered anyone else in a parking lot. Serves him right too.

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

Radosti
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I was at Walmart on Saturday and turned the car on to cool it off as I put the stroller away. I was planning on seeing if DS needed a nursing session. This lady pulled up behind me and I looked at her to see if she'd stop. She looked at me and said, "Take your time." I decided to just buckle DS in because she was waiting, and as I was finishing up, she drove off because she saw someone else leaving.

Radosti
I was at Walmart on Saturday and turned the car on to cool it off as I put the stroller away. I was planning on seeing if DS needed a nursing session. This lady pulled up behind me and I looked at her to see if she'd stop. She looked at me and said, "Take your time." I decided to just buckle DS in because she was waiting, and as I was finishing up, she drove off because she saw someone else leaving.

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

beckyr88
07-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Ugh. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!!! I so feel for you. I have a big double stroller that is kind of a pain to collapse, so it takes me a while to get us all in the car. And I also do my phoning before I get on the road. *So* often I'll get people waiting for me, despite my 'wave', and then get mad when it takes me 5 minutes to get us all situated!! Lady, I can see a spot 5 spaces away!!! Just go!!!

Sorry to hijack, but this *totally* aggravates me!

beckyr88
Ugh. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!!! I so feel for you. I have a big double stroller that is kind of a pain to collapse, so it takes me a while to get us all in the car. And I also do my phoning before I get on the road. *So* often I'll get people waiting for me, despite my 'wave', and then get mad when it takes me 5 minutes to get us all situated!! Lady, I can see a spot 5 spaces away!!! Just go!!!

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

american_mama
07-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Heather: Hope you didn't feel criticized by my comments; I was in a devil advocate mood, which is probably not the right mood for the Bitching Post. You didn't do anything wrong and I hope nothing I said made you feel that you did.

american_mama
Heather: Hope you didn't feel criticized by my comments; I was in a devil advocate mood, which is probably not the right mood for the Bitching Post. You didn't do anything wrong and I hope nothing I said made you feel that you did.

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

bubbaray
07-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I have had this happen to me on MANY occasions. If it's not too hot out (and I don't need AC), then I just turn off the car. I've also actually turned off my car at an intersection when a complete MORON honked at me for not running a yellow light. Sat there through the next light too. What a complete idiot.

People are ignorant.

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

bubbaray
I have had this happen to me on MANY occasions. If it's not too hot out (and I don't need AC), then I just turn off the car. I've also actually turned off my car at an intersection when a complete MORON honked at me for not running a yellow light. Sat there through the next light too. What a complete idiot.

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

bubbaray

People are ignorant.

Melissa

mommy_someday
07-18-2006, 12:47 AM
OMG, that's hilarious! What a jerk - that guy AND the beyotch that Heather encountered.

Heather, I'm sorry that nasty chick crossed paths with you. She ate something seriously rotten for breakfast, I think.

mommy_someday
OMG, that's hilarious! What a jerk - that guy AND the beyotch that Heather encountered.

Heather, I'm sorry that nasty chick crossed paths with you. She ate something seriously rotten for breakfast, I think.

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

dr mom
07-18-2006, 04:55 AM
That is the best BF story I've heard in a while, thanks for the laugh! :)

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

hez
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Definitely don't feel criticized. Felt more like, hmmm... what would I do when faced with this again?!

After the last weeks (months? year?) I've had, I might opt for more of the evil ideas to tell the truth }(

hez
Definitely don't feel criticized. Felt more like, hmmm... what would I do when faced with this again?!

After the last weeks (months? year?) I've had, I might opt for more of the evil ideas to tell the truth }(

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez
07-18-2006, 08:52 PM
"I've also actually turned off my car at an intersection when a complete MORON honked at me for not running a yellow light."

That might have been my husband ;) Seriously, he's the most impatient SOB behind the wheel.

hez
"I've also actually turned off my car at an intersection when a complete MORON honked at me for not running a yellow light."

That might have been my husband ;) Seriously, he's the most impatient SOB behind the wheel.

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I was probably where you think I was-- parked in the garage behind the food court/movie theater. Usually a safe place 'cause more people seem to know about the Parisian garage than about that one.

I'll email soon about meeting :) Maybe someplace in the air conditioning?!

hez
I was probably where you think I was-- parked in the garage behind the food court/movie theater. Usually a safe place 'cause more people seem to know about the Parisian garage than about that one.

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

bubbaray
07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Your's must be right up there with mine, then. Mine got out of his car and yelled at the driver in front of him (at a stop light) because she drove the school zone speed limit at 7am (school zone's here start at 8am). Uh, dear, it was a BLOCK. Simmer down. Thankfully, I wasn't in the car or I would have died from embarassment. If it had been me in that car in front of him, I would have called the cops.

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray
Your's must be right up there with mine, then. Mine got out of his car and yelled at the driver in front of him (at a stop light) because she drove the school zone speed limit at 7am (school zone's here start at 8am). Uh, dear, it was a BLOCK. Simmer down. Thankfully, I wasn't in the car or I would have died from embarassment. If it had been me in that car in front of him, I would have called the cops.

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

bubbaray

Sigh.

Melissa

ribbit1019
07-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Hugs Hez! Hopefully the stupid got her just desserts in crappy customer service or a traffic jam. I can't believe some people. It is a parking spot!

DH has horrible road rage also, it is so embarrassing. I recently told him that he needed to be medicated when he drove. He tones it down for a few days when I say something and then he is back to his old tricks. He is probably going to get shot one of these days. I think FL that they have made that legal, to shoot someone if they physically threaten you while you are driving. Something about self defense.... I remember telling him that he needed to keep it under control while we traveling there last Oct. because I really didn't want to get shot at. }(

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6p3x/1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

ribbit1019
Hugs Hez! Hopefully the stupid got her just desserts in crappy customer service or a traffic jam. I can't believe some people. It is a parking spot!

DH has horrible road rage also, it is so embarrassing. I recently told him that he needed to be medicated when he drove. He tones it down for a few days when I say something and then he is back to his old tricks. He is probably going to get shot one of these days. I think FL that they have made that legal, to shoot someone if they physically threaten you while you are driving. Something about self defense.... I remember telling him that he needed to keep it under control while we traveling there last Oct. because I really didn't want to get shot at. }(

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

Melanie
07-25-2006, 01:36 AM
That stinks. I always wave people on, but if I'm in and my tail lights or reverse lights are not on, I figure they know I'm not leaving.

OTOH, I cannot STAND it when I'm not waved on by someone and especially if they're sitting their with their tail/reverse lights on.

Melanie
That stinks. I always wave people on, but if I'm in and my tail lights or reverse lights are not on, I figure they know I'm not leaving.

OTOH, I cannot STAND it when I'm not waved on by someone and especially if they're sitting their with their tail/reverse lights on.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie