PDA

View Full Version : OT: Annoying office

saschalicks
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
OK so my future SIL is out of college looking for work. My job has several positions she would be excellent/perfect for. I mean she's brilliant, a hard worker, I could go on. Well, they set up an interview w/her today and then cancel it. WHY? B/c the person in charge of hiring says they only do temp to perm for the positions she's interested in. WHAT? Why did you call her then (she didn't call but someone in her dept did)? Why did you have me submit her resume? I feel so bad and I'm so angry. Here I was all weekend talking up how great it would be for her to work here and now this. I feel like such a fu@king idiot. Did I tell you the woman in charge of hiring is a b!tch in general? OK I'm at work and typing this so I should stop now. But I had to get it off of my chest somewhere. Thanks for listening.

saschalicks
OK so my future SIL is out of college looking for work. My job has several positions she would be excellent/perfect for. I mean she's brilliant, a hard worker, I could go on. Well, they set up an interview w/her today and then cancel it. WHY? B/c the person in charge of hiring says they only do temp to perm for the positions she's interested in. WHAT? Why did you call her then (she didn't call but someone in her dept did)? Why did you have me submit her resume? I feel so bad and I'm so angry. Here I was all weekend talking up how great it would be for her to work here and now this. I feel like such a fu@king idiot. Did I tell you the woman in charge of hiring is a b!tch in general? OK I'm at work and typing this so I should stop now. But I had to get it off of my chest somewhere. Thanks for listening.

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

dules
07-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Would she not consider temp to perm or contract to perm? An awful lot of companies are doing that these days. It's just easier for them than going through all the onboarding costs and papers only to have the company (or the employee) decide in 90-180 days that it's not working out and terminate the relationship.

Good luck. Seems they could at least bring her in for a "fit" interview on your referral and her resume.

Best,
Mary

dules
Would she not consider temp to perm or contract to perm? An awful lot of companies are doing that these days. It's just easier for them than going through all the onboarding costs and papers only to have the company (or the employee) decide in 90-180 days that it's not working out and terminate the relationship.

Good luck. Seems they could at least bring her in for a "fit" interview on your referral and her resume.

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

dules

Best,
Mary

mldflygirl
07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it or feel stupid in any way. You didn't know how the company was going to handle things, and they're the ones that handled the situation so badly. (And believe me, I agree with you - that was just wrong! I've heard MANY similar stories from a lot of other people.)

Mary - I don't know if it's the case in this situation, but the problem with a lot of companies that hire temp-to-perm is that they only go through certain employment agencies. If the SIL isn't already registered with the particular agency they use, she probably doesn't stand a chance at getting the job.

mldflygirl
Don't beat yourself up about it or feel stupid in any way. You didn't know how the company was going to handle things, and they're the ones that handled the situation so badly. (And believe me, I agree with you - that was just wrong! I've heard MANY similar stories from a lot of other people.)

Mary - I don't know if it's the case in this situation, but the problem with a lot of companies that hire temp-to-perm is that they only go through certain employment agencies. If the SIL isn't already registered with the particular agency they use, she probably doesn't stand a chance at getting the job.

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

mldflygirl

saschalicks
07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Mldflygrl,
you were right about the going through agencies. My future SIL has no chance.

However, I got more detail that made me even angrier.

Needless to say office politics SUCK. Thanks again for listening.

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,

saschalicks
Mldflygrl,