PDA

View Full Version : Noisy teenagers in the park are making me nuts!!

trumansmom
07-17-2006, 11:46 PM
One of the things we loved about this house when we bought it was that it was directly across the street from our city park and playground. 99.9% of the time that's a good thing. However, when it's nice out in the summer teenagers often gather over there and it can get rambunctious. Sometimes we can smell their cigarettes in our bedroom, but we're just grateful it's nothing else. Sometimes, but not often, we can hear them smashing bottles. Normally we blow it off and chalk it up to kids being kids. Tonight, however, they were particularly loud. Every other word was an expletive. Because it's a nice night, all our windows were open and we could hear some pretty awful things being said. I was fuming. As I started to go over there and beat me up some jerfaces, DH stopped me and said he'd go. He's more dipolmatic than I am in these sorts of situations, so I let him go. I could hear him talk to the kids and he was very, very nice. He politely explained that we had small children we were trying to get to sleep, and would they please keep the volume down and watch their language. He came back and said they were very polite and said, "Sure."

Not so much. About 10 minutes later we heard a bunch of yelling and screaming and tires peeling out. One by one they drove across our lawn. (We live on a corner lot.) Now, about every 15 minutes or so, a car goes by honking its horn, frequently accompanied by a screaming kid yelling, "Bald headed asshole!", or something similar. We live in a tiny town, and the only law enforcement is the sheriff's department. There are 4 deputies on duty covering an 800 square mile territory on any given night, so they really can't do anything.

It's going to be a long, long night.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom
One of the things we loved about this house when we bought it was that it was directly across the street from our city park and playground. 99.9% of the time that's a good thing. However, when it's nice out in the summer teenagers often gather over there and it can get rambunctious. Sometimes we can smell their cigarettes in our bedroom, but we're just grateful it's nothing else. Sometimes, but not often, we can hear them smashing bottles. Normally we blow it off and chalk it up to kids being kids. Tonight, however, they were particularly loud. Every other word was an expletive. Because it's a nice night, all our windows were open and we could hear some pretty awful things being said. I was fuming. As I started to go over there and beat me up some jerfaces, DH stopped me and said he'd go. He's more dipolmatic than I am in these sorts of situations, so I let him go. I could hear him talk to the kids and he was very, very nice. He politely explained that we had small children we were trying to get to sleep, and would they please keep the volume down and watch their language. He came back and said they were very polite and said, "Sure."

Not so much. About 10 minutes later we heard a bunch of yelling and screaming and tires peeling out. One by one they drove across our lawn. (We live on a corner lot.) Now, about every 15 minutes or so, a car goes by honking its horn, frequently accompanied by a screaming kid yelling, "Bald headed asshole!", or something similar. We live in a tiny town, and the only law enforcement is the sheriff's department. There are 4 deputies on duty covering an 800 square mile territory on any given night, so they really can't do anything.

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

buddyleebaby
07-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Argh. That sucks!
Growing up I lived on a corner lot across from a park so I know exactly what you are going through. It is no fun.
At least in our case we had a cop living next door.

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!
Growing up I lived on a corner lot across from a park so I know exactly what you are going through. It is no fun.

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

buddyleebaby
Argh. That sucks!

What losers.

mommy_someday
07-18-2006, 12:41 AM
How awful! I would be totally pissed! I would still make a call (maybe a few) since they are not only disturbing the peace, but also destroying your property. That's uncalled for. I'm so sorry. :(

mommy_someday
How awful! I would be totally pissed! I would still make a call (maybe a few) since they are not only disturbing the peace, but also destroying your property. That's uncalled for. I'm so sorry. :(

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

dowlinal
07-18-2006, 12:53 AM
That totally sucks!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

dowlinal

kijip
07-18-2006, 01:45 AM
OMG! What a PITA! Have any nails or rocks you could spread across the yard?

I thought the advantage of SD was that you might know these kids parents or something, LOL.

kijip

I thought the advantage of SD was that you might know these kids parents or something, LOL.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

trumansmom
07-18-2006, 07:11 AM
By the time my kids are teenagers, I will! Now I only know the names of every kid under 5 or 6 in town. :)

Jeanne

trumansmom
By the time my kids are teenagers, I will! Now I only know the names of every kid under 5 or 6 in town. :)

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

trumansmom

Jeanne

elliput
07-18-2006, 07:36 AM
In case you haven't already, you should still call the sheriff's department. I bet they will not have a difficult time figuring out who the kids were that ran over your lawn, as they probably already know them all by name.

elliput
In case you haven't already, you should still call the sheriff's department. I bet they will not have a difficult time figuring out who the kids were that ran over your lawn, as they probably already know them all by name.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

Moneypenny
07-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I hear ya! We loved that our house was across the street from the elmentary school playground. It was VERY quiet up until a few years ago when they put in a new play structure. Now people from all over drive here, drop their kids off, leave for 3 hours and then come back to pick up the kids. Teenagers and adults have discovered the basketball courts. It's always so busy and noisy.

You should call the police anyway because they will file the report and on the off chance that they have someone available to come check it out, it probably won't take more than 1 or 2 times of being talked to by the cops before they will stop.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

Moneypenny
I hear ya! We loved that our house was across the street from the elmentary school playground. It was VERY quiet up until a few years ago when they put in a new play structure. Now people from all over drive here, drop their kids off, leave for 3 hours and then come back to pick up the kids. Teenagers and adults have discovered the basketball courts. It's always so busy and noisy.

You should call the police anyway because they will file the report and on the off chance that they have someone available to come check it out, it probably won't take more than 1 or 2 times of being talked to by the cops before they will stop.

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

chlobo
07-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Jeanne,

This totally sucks. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Def call the cops just so its on recortd in case they do anything stupider you have a record of harrasment. Also, I love the nails on the lawn idea or maybe tire spikes!

chlobo
Jeanne,

This totally sucks. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Def call the cops just so its on recortd in case they do anything stupider you have a record of harrasment. Also, I love the nails on the lawn idea or maybe tire spikes!

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

chlobo
Jeanne,

punkrockmama
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that blows in a lot of different ways. Sorry you guys are getting the shaft. I get mad when someone messes with my kid's sleep so I can imagine. How freakin' rude to say stuff.

I LOVE Katie's idea of putting nails/rocks on the yard. Do it! I also think you should call the cops, make a little stink. If you hear bottles smashing, maybe there's some underage drinking happening? And if your town is that small, get a good look at them, then the next time you see them out at the store or something with a parent, go up to them and say something.

Good luck!

punkrockmama
Yeah, that blows in a lot of different ways. Sorry you guys are getting the shaft. I get mad when someone messes with my kid's sleep so I can imagine. How freakin' rude to say stuff.

I LOVE Katie's idea of putting nails/rocks on the yard. Do it! I also think you should call the cops, make a little stink. If you hear bottles smashing, maybe there's some underage drinking happening? And if your town is that small, get a good look at them, then the next time you see them out at the store or something with a parent, go up to them and say something.

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

punkrockmama

Good luck!

candybomiller
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Jeanne,

Guess your husband wasn't quite so diplomatic.... :P

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
Jeanne,

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

candybomiller
grrrr.

tarabenet
07-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Definitely. They sank to the level of vandalism. I'd report it. I'd get pics of their cars and license plates for the sheriff to see. If they kept me sleepless enough, I'd follow them home and tell their parents. And I would most certainly relandscape that part of the yard to include mid-size boulders, large enough to do some damage. But I'm just evil that way.

I'm thinking some video to capture sound wouldn't be a bad idea, either. All the sheriff needs to do is step up patrol at that park for a ocuple of weekends and those little idiots will find somewhere else to go practice being a**holes. And Jeanne, the kids that are doing this will become the kids causing the sheriff more serious problems later on. I'll bet the officers would rather get it under control now.

tarabenet
Definitely. They sank to the level of vandalism. I'd report it. I'd get pics of their cars and license plates for the sheriff to see. If they kept me sleepless enough, I'd follow them home and tell their parents. And I would most certainly relandscape that part of the yard to include mid-size boulders, large enough to do some damage. But I'm just evil that way.

I'm thinking some video to capture sound wouldn't be a bad idea, either. All the sheriff needs to do is step up patrol at that park for a ocuple of weekends and those little idiots will find somewhere else to go practice being a**holes. And Jeanne, the kids that are doing this will become the kids causing the sheriff more serious problems later on. I'll bet the officers would rather get it under control now.

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

jal
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I realize this is too late for your situation but...

Rule #1 in dealing with teenagers you have no control over...

DO NOT TELL THEM THEY ARE BOTHERING YOU.

They will only crank up disturbance to bother you more knowing there's nothing you can really do about it. I find it some what ammusing that this is the second time today I've read Forum stories (different forums) in which an adult attempts to quell teenager behavior only to make it worst.

You've got to find someone with authority over them other wise they have no reason to follow your requests.

jal

They will only crank up disturbance to bother you more knowing there's nothing you can really do about it. I find it some what ammusing that this is the second time today I've read Forum stories (different forums) in which an adult attempts to quell teenager behavior only to make it worst.

You've got to find someone with authority over them other wise they have no reason to follow your requests.

jal

jal

jal

jal

jal

jal

jal

jal