PDA

View Full Version : Update Max and Ermas Rant

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Got a call from regional manager and he said they will address this at team meeting, no appetizers for me Wahhhh.

We took our DIL and SIL to Max and Erma's for dinner last week. No sooner was Nick in the high chair then the waiter plopped a small plate of GUMMY WORMS in front of Nick. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He left the table before I could say a word and I had to take the plate away from Nick as he cried like crazy. Nick gets very little sugar and certinly not before dinner or close to bedtime. When the waiter came back I told him he needed to make these worms disappear now I was MAD! A new server finished up with us but at the end of the meal the dude came back to apologize but asked again (in front of the boy) if it would be ok for him to have gummy worms NOW. Ususally I have to beg to get oyster crakers before the meal but they bring GUMMY worms unsolicited?

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Got a call from regional manager and he said they will address this at team meeting, no appetizers for me Wahhhh.

We took our DIL and SIL to Max and Erma's for dinner last week. No sooner was Nick in the high chair then the waiter plopped a small plate of GUMMY WORMS in front of Nick. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He left the table before I could say a word and I had to take the plate away from Nick as he cried like crazy. Nick gets very little sugar and certinly not before dinner or close to bedtime. When the waiter came back I told him he needed to make these worms disappear now I was MAD! A new server finished up with us but at the end of the meal the dude came back to apologize but asked again (in front of the boy) if it would be ok for him to have gummy worms NOW. Ususally I have to beg to get oyster crakers before the meal but they bring GUMMY worms unsolicited?

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

hez
07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Maybe your server's parents served gummy worms as an appetizer? Otherwise, there's no good reason for that lapse in judgement.

Hugs. I know just what kind of tantrum Payton would have thrown, so you have my complete empathy and anger at that dumba$$ server!

hez
Maybe your server's parents served gummy worms as an appetizer? Otherwise, there's no good reason for that lapse in judgement.

Hugs. I know just what kind of tantrum Payton would have thrown, so you have my complete empathy and anger at that dumba$$ server!

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

cmdunn1972
07-18-2006, 09:11 PM
That server obviously has no clue about kids (not to mention etiquette around parents) and is overcompensating for it. The guy was totally out of line and clueless as well.

cmdunn1972
That server obviously has no clue about kids (not to mention etiquette around parents) and is overcompensating for it. The guy was totally out of line and clueless as well.

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

alexsmommy
07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm assuming this is what the restaurant gives out to keep kids quiet during the purusing the menu, waiting for the order potion of the mea;. I would bet the server was just going with the program. I would make this lapse in judgment known LOUDLY AND CLEARLY to the manager. Suggest what other restaurants offer kids gratis - ie fruit plates, a bananas and bread, crackers and cheese. Then mention that not only is sugar inappropriate, but many kids have food allergies and they would go far to say, "We offer a complimentary finger food plate with xxx, would it be ok to bring that out for your child?"
I mean - gummy worms?!? Are you kidding me? My kid won't eat his dinner if he's had cheddar bunnies. All bets would be off after that kind of sugar high. What are people thinking?
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
I'm assuming this is what the restaurant gives out to keep kids quiet during the purusing the menu, waiting for the order potion of the mea;. I would bet the server was just going with the program. I would make this lapse in judgment known LOUDLY AND CLEARLY to the manager. Suggest what other restaurants offer kids gratis - ie fruit plates, a bananas and bread, crackers and cheese. Then mention that not only is sugar inappropriate, but many kids have food allergies and they would go far to say, "We offer a complimentary finger food plate with xxx, would it be ok to bring that out for your child?"
I mean - gummy worms?!? Are you kidding me? My kid won't eat his dinner if he's had cheddar bunnies. All bets would be off after that kind of sugar high. What are people thinking?
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
we have been there many times, no worms before

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

pb&j
07-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Gummy worms? That's weird.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34550.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I know! I am going to call the manager today and see what they say.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
pecking w/ babe in arms. spoke to young childless male manager and he did not get what i was trying to say at all. did not even throw a free appetizer my way. apparently they keep worms to put in soda??
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
pecking w/ babe in arms. spoke to young childless male manager and he did not get what i was trying to say at all. did not even throw a free appetizer my way. apparently they keep worms to put in soda??
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

elliput
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Totally bizarre. Write to corporate (this is where you will most likely get the appetizer from) http://www.maxandermas.com/ContactUs.cfm

elliput
Totally bizarre. Write to corporate (this is where you will most likely get the appetizer from) http://www.maxandermas.com/ContactUs.cfm

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

saschalicks
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
You are so right. When I go to Cheescake factory they always ask if we want bananas for the kids. They bring bananas and some bread. I am always impressed by that b/c it's healthy and if DS#1 doesn't eat his dinner at least he had bananas. Worms NOT OK!

Susan sorry for their aparent idiocy.

saschalicks
You are so right. When I go to Cheescake factory they always ask if we want bananas for the kids. They bring bananas and some bread. I am always impressed by that b/c it's healthy and if DS#1 doesn't eat his dinner at least he had bananas. Worms NOT OK!

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

ribbit1019
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
They have them for a kids drink, I can't remember what it is called at all. But it is grape soda and ice cream and something else with the gummy worms. SOOO healthy...

They have offered several time to bring some to DD (we eat there A LOT) but I have always said no. Until the last time a couple of weeks ago when I was alone getting food to go and had DS in the sling while DD ran around the bar area like a crazy woman. She didn't understand that they were to eat and played with them for a while. Then she put them in her mouth (as she does with everything eventually) and she realized they were sugar, whoa buddy! All four of them were shoved in at once and I couldn't pry her mouth open to get them out, geez! It was a disaster and we will continue to not get them. FWIW she choked on them eventually and then said "Yuck! Mess!" So maybe if they were offered she wouldn't eat them anyway. I would stress that they are a choking hazard for a child so young and go up the ladder until you get a response. They are usually very responsive to customer complaints and suggestions (ask me how I know ;)) Really he should have asked first, they always give us oyster crackers crayons and a kids menu, strange that they make you ask for them...

Oh! Come to think of it, they offered none of these things when we went for Dinner on Sunday in Columbus (the one across from the Convention center) Granted we said we were in a hurry, but still they should have offered, instead they got to clean up sugar packets that DD decided she wanted to count, lol.

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6p3x/1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

ribbit1019
They have them for a kids drink, I can't remember what it is called at all. But it is grape soda and ice cream and something else with the gummy worms. SOOO healthy...

They have offered several time to bring some to DD (we eat there A LOT) but I have always said no. Until the last time a couple of weeks ago when I was alone getting food to go and had DS in the sling while DD ran around the bar area like a crazy woman. She didn't understand that they were to eat and played with them for a while. Then she put them in her mouth (as she does with everything eventually) and she realized they were sugar, whoa buddy! All four of them were shoved in at once and I couldn't pry her mouth open to get them out, geez! It was a disaster and we will continue to not get them. FWIW she choked on them eventually and then said "Yuck! Mess!" So maybe if they were offered she wouldn't eat them anyway. I would stress that they are a choking hazard for a child so young and go up the ladder until you get a response. They are usually very responsive to customer complaints and suggestions (ask me how I know ;)) Really he should have asked first, they always give us oyster crackers crayons and a kids menu, strange that they make you ask for them...

Oh! Come to think of it, they offered none of these things when we went for Dinner on Sunday in Columbus (the one across from the Convention center) Granted we said we were in a hurry, but still they should have offered, instead they got to clean up sugar packets that DD decided she wanted to count, lol.

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

ribbit1019

Christy
My Waterbabies

alexsmommy
07-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Umm, yeah.
I'd keep going up the corporate ladder. You can't possibly be the first person this happened to and they need to change this asap. My DS would totally recognize what amounts to CANDY before dinner and have at it.
I'm kinda speechless. I mean, even if the manager didn't get it, if you have an unhappy customer, you try to appease them in some way - right? I mean, isn't that basic customer service. They just don't get it.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
I'd keep going up the corporate ladder. You can't possibly be the first person this happened to and they need to change this asap. My DS would totally recognize what amounts to CANDY before dinner and have at it.
I'm kinda speechless. I mean, even if the manager didn't get it, if you have an unhappy customer, you try to appease them in some way - right? I mean, isn't that basic customer service. They just don't get it.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Umm, yeah.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

julieakc
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok, first I have to preface this by saying that I am WAY sensitive to this type of thing because of DS's syndrome... so had this happened to us I would have demanded to speak to a manager and then written to corporate as well and not go back unless I was convinced they had listened to me and changed their policy (if giving gummy worms is actually what they normally do).

However, even absent my extremely necessary hypersensitivity to this issue I think all places that offer kids stuff should, as another person commented, inform the parent what they normally give and ask the parent if it is ok.

Ugh!

julieakc
Ok, first I have to preface this by saying that I am WAY sensitive to this type of thing because of DS's syndrome... so had this happened to us I would have demanded to speak to a manager and then written to corporate as well and not go back unless I was convinced they had listened to me and changed their policy (if giving gummy worms is actually what they normally do).

However, even absent my extremely necessary hypersensitivity to this issue I think all places that offer kids stuff should, as another person commented, inform the parent what they normally give and ask the parent if it is ok.

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

julieakc

Ugh!

tarabenet
07-20-2006, 08:20 AM
LOL! Heather I'm getting a huge laugh over parents serving gummy worms as an appetizer! Not getting any joy out of the rotten situation Susan was stuck in, of course.

tarabenet
LOL! Heather I'm getting a huge laugh over parents serving gummy worms as an appetizer! Not getting any joy out of the rotten situation Susan was stuck in, of course.

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet