PDA

View Full Version : #^@$* big kids at the zoo

tarynsmum
07-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I just got back from the zoo with my DD, and my 2 nieces and nephew. They are 7, 4, and 2, respectively. I wasn't there alone, but with their grandmother (not my mom, the other side, does that make sense?). Anyway, we were on this over-look thing to see the new African Wild Dogs, and out of nowhere approx. 2 dozen (Not exaggerating) boys run onto the overlook too. I would say they wer maybe 10-14 years old. This overlook is MAYBE 10x10 feet. So this whirlwind of kids are running around, and I'm trying to grab Dnephew before he gets lost. I grab the girls (GM is down at the entrance of overlook with Dnephew' stroller). I have DD in her stroller and I'm trying to get the kids down the little ramp thing when these kids PUSH Dnephew out of the way to run up the ramp.

First of all, there were steps they could have taken. I was so upset, he was crying and 7 year old DNiece says "those boys pushed him!" (even though I had seen too). I looked around to find the leader of the group, and I couldn't spot anyone who looked in charge. GM said that she saw and older boy with a nametag on, but he looked no more than maybe 17. I really wanted to say something to someone.

We go to the zoo all the time, and we always go in the morning right when they open o these kinds of things don't happen (DH and I went one Saturday and it was terrible).

OK, I got it off my chest, thanks.

tarynsmum
I just got back from the zoo with my DD, and my 2 nieces and nephew. They are 7, 4, and 2, respectively. I wasn't there alone, but with their grandmother (not my mom, the other side, does that make sense?). Anyway, we were on this over-look thing to see the new African Wild Dogs, and out of nowhere approx. 2 dozen (Not exaggerating) boys run onto the overlook too. I would say they wer maybe 10-14 years old. This overlook is MAYBE 10x10 feet. So this whirlwind of kids are running around, and I'm trying to grab Dnephew before he gets lost. I grab the girls (GM is down at the entrance of overlook with Dnephew' stroller). I have DD in her stroller and I'm trying to get the kids down the little ramp thing when these kids PUSH Dnephew out of the way to run up the ramp.

First of all, there were steps they could have taken. I was so upset, he was crying and 7 year old DNiece says "those boys pushed him!" (even though I had seen too). I looked around to find the leader of the group, and I couldn't spot anyone who looked in charge. GM said that she saw and older boy with a nametag on, but he looked no more than maybe 17. I really wanted to say something to someone.

We go to the zoo all the time, and we always go in the morning right when they open o these kinds of things don't happen (DH and I went one Saturday and it was terrible).

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum