PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lot Madness

julieakc
07-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Met a friend for lunch today at a strip mall sort of place with Mimi's street front and a little lot right by them and TRU, Costco, etc. at the back of the shopping area with the larger lot...

After lunch I get DS loaded up in the car and drive to TRU(would have walked if it wasn't so damn hot), which means I have to make a left turn out of that little parking area to get to TRU. Entering traffic doesn't stop so of course I have to wait a while (note that I do have my left blinker on). A truck existing directly opposite of the entering traffic starts going even though it would have been my turn, although we both had to wait for a truck that was entering who of course had the right of way. The entering truck starts turning left in front of the truck that decides he's waited long enough..I honk because of course it would be my turn as soon as the entering truck passes, at the same time as the truck with the stop sign is almost going to hit the entering truck. He lets the entering truck go then stays stopped almost in middle of the intersection....I motion for him to proceed with an attitude of "well if you're just that important go ahead" He rolls down his window and says "I was waiting for you to go but you were just sitting there" to which I yell back "the oncoming traffic doesn't have a stop sign you idiot!"

Then after proceeding through that horrible intersection I am headed down the one lane, one way aisle and up comes another car who had cut across lanes! Needless to say I gave her quite the dirty look too!

I realized when I left that part of the truck's problem was that although the stop signs for traffic crossing the entering lanes have signs that indicate the entering traffic doesn't stop....the stop sign coming out in the opposite direction of the entrance doesn't have that sign! Duh! Entering traffic can go left so you'd think it might be important for them to know it's only a 3-way stop! Then again presumably the guy entered that way (I don't think there is another entrance) so he should have known!

Thanks for letting me vent.

julieakc
Met a friend for lunch today at a strip mall sort of place with Mimi's street front and a little lot right by them and TRU, Costco, etc. at the back of the shopping area with the larger lot...

After lunch I get DS loaded up in the car and drive to TRU(would have walked if it wasn't so damn hot), which means I have to make a left turn out of that little parking area to get to TRU. Entering traffic doesn't stop so of course I have to wait a while (note that I do have my left blinker on). A truck existing directly opposite of the entering traffic starts going even though it would have been my turn, although we both had to wait for a truck that was entering who of course had the right of way. The entering truck starts turning left in front of the truck that decides he's waited long enough..I honk because of course it would be my turn as soon as the entering truck passes, at the same time as the truck with the stop sign is almost going to hit the entering truck. He lets the entering truck go then stays stopped almost in middle of the intersection....I motion for him to proceed with an attitude of "well if you're just that important go ahead" He rolls down his window and says "I was waiting for you to go but you were just sitting there" to which I yell back "the oncoming traffic doesn't have a stop sign you idiot!"

Then after proceeding through that horrible intersection I am headed down the one lane, one way aisle and up comes another car who had cut across lanes! Needless to say I gave her quite the dirty look too!

I realized when I left that part of the truck's problem was that although the stop signs for traffic crossing the entering lanes have signs that indicate the entering traffic doesn't stop....the stop sign coming out in the opposite direction of the entrance doesn't have that sign! Duh! Entering traffic can go left so you'd think it might be important for them to know it's only a 3-way stop! Then again presumably the guy entered that way (I don't think there is another entrance) so he should have known!

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

hez
07-20-2006, 06:40 AM
I think people lose all common sense when entering parking lots. A woman pulled right out in front of me last week, and then I nearly got hit by someone cutting through. All within about a minute and a half. Sigh.

Lots of empathy, and a wish that parking lot designers did things that made more sense, too!

hez
I think people lose all common sense when entering parking lots. A woman pulled right out in front of me last week, and then I nearly got hit by someone cutting through. All within about a minute and a half. Sigh.

Lots of empathy, and a wish that parking lot designers did things that made more sense, too!

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

julieakc
07-20-2006, 11:12 AM
It's true....I've seen lots of parking lots that seem so poorly designed...lawsuits waiting to happen, IMO.

julieakc
It's true....I've seen lots of parking lots that seem so poorly designed...lawsuits waiting to happen, IMO.

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc