PDA

View Full Version : Can't get stains out of DS's clothes

jarrettsmom9705
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
DH always throws DS's clothes in the hamper at night without checking for stains. Thus, when I do laundry, I can't get the stains out of DS's clothes. I've tried Shout and OxyClean but with no success. The worst part is that only his good clothes get stains that won't come out, not the cheap onesies that I don't mind ruining. Any advice on getting food stains out?
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
DH always throws DS's clothes in the hamper at night without checking for stains. Thus, when I do laundry, I can't get the stains out of DS's clothes. I've tried Shout and OxyClean but with no success. The worst part is that only his good clothes get stains that won't come out, not the cheap onesies that I don't mind ruining. Any advice on getting food stains out?
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks,
Tracy

BaileyBea
07-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I found that I have better luck when I soak my clothes in cold water w/Liquid Tide, Wash them, then hang them on a clothes line or put them out in the sun, so the sun bleaches out the stain. Sometimes I have to do this twice, but most of the time it's just once and it works right away.

The sun is a great stain bleaching tool. Good luck.

BaileyBea
I found that I have better luck when I soak my clothes in cold water w/Liquid Tide, Wash them, then hang them on a clothes line or put them out in the sun, so the sun bleaches out the stain. Sometimes I have to do this twice, but most of the time it's just once and it works right away.

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

jarrettsmom9705
07-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks I'll try that next time. Its just so frustrating when its his cute clothes that get ruined. The OxyClean actually made it worse by making the colors in the design bleed. Thus, it not only has a stain but color streaks as well!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Thanks I'll try that next time. Its just so frustrating when its his cute clothes that get ruined. The OxyClean actually made it worse by making the colors in the design bleed. Thus, it not only has a stain but color streaks as well!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

ellies mom
07-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Did you use the oxyclean powder or spray? I have had no luck with the spray but the powder has been my lifesaver.

ellies mom
Did you use the oxyclean powder or spray? I have had no luck with the spray but the powder has been my lifesaver.

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

mamicka
07-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I've had nothing but great luck with the OxyClean spray. I spray it on & then let it sit for a few hours, then wash in hot. Works every time.

Allison

mamicka
I've had nothing but great luck with the OxyClean spray. I spray it on & then let it sit for a few hours, then wash in hot. Works every time.

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

mamicka

Allison

AddiesMom
07-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I have had a lot of good luck with Zout.

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

AddiesMom

MelissaTC
07-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Color safe bleach like Clorox 2 also works wonders.

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

proggoddess
07-21-2006, 07:17 PM
My DH is the same way. He'll throw in a bib that is just *COVERED* with oatmeal and yogurt. Thick coating, too. Then I'll find it at the end of the week stuck to two other articles of clothing, and dried hard as a rock. Ugh! Then if we stick it in the laundry, everything gets little soggy oatmeal grains pasted to them.

I bought the Clorox bleach pens. Works great on white/partially white clothes. I haven't found anything other than elbow grease and a toothbrush to take out stains on colored clothes.

proggoddess
My DH is the same way. He'll throw in a bib that is just *COVERED* with oatmeal and yogurt. Thick coating, too. Then I'll find it at the end of the week stuck to two other articles of clothing, and dried hard as a rock. Ugh! Then if we stick it in the laundry, everything gets little soggy oatmeal grains pasted to them.

I bought the Clorox bleach pens. Works great on white/partially white clothes. I haven't found anything other than elbow grease and a toothbrush to take out stains on colored clothes.

proggoddess

proggoddess

proggoddess

proggoddess

proggoddess

proggoddess

proggoddess

wilelm
07-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I use Dreft stain remover. So far, there's not anything it can't get out. I even use it for my clothes.

Sheila

wilelm
I use Dreft stain remover. So far, there's not anything it can't get out. I even use it for my clothes.

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

jerseygirl07067
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
A few things that work for me...

1. Shout stain stick - I put it on the stain, leave it overnight, then rinse the next day with the warmest/hottest water the fabric can tolerate. Works way better than the Shout spray.

2. For bad stains - soak clothes overnight in the sink with a scoop of detergent. Agitate them by hand every so often. This works way better than I thought.

3. The lazy version of the above...load washer, add detergent. Start machine up and once clothes get to agitation phase, stop the washer and let clothes soak for several hours, then start washer again and proceed with cycle as usual.

4. For tough stains like blueberries, raspberries,etc. Boil water, add oxyclean powder, mix quickly and then pour on stain. Works every time.

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

1. Shout stain stick - I put it on the stain, leave it overnight, then rinse the next day with the warmest/hottest water the fabric can tolerate. Works way better than the Shout spray.

2. For bad stains - soak clothes overnight in the sink with a scoop of detergent. Agitate them by hand every so often. This works way better than I thought.

3. The lazy version of the above...load washer, add detergent. Start machine up and once clothes get to agitation phase, stop the washer and let clothes soak for several hours, then start washer again and proceed with cycle as usual.

4. For tough stains like blueberries, raspberries,etc. Boil water, add oxyclean powder, mix quickly and then pour on stain. Works every time.

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

jerseygirl07067

Marcy

kimbe
07-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I have had GREAT success with castile soap.

I squirt some soap on the stain and then soak it in cold water until the stain is out.

It has gotten out the following stains for me:
Strawberries (fresh stain)
Breast fed poop
Red Tylenol (gave to DD at night, got on her shirt, soaked it the next morning and the stain came out --- I couldn't believe it!)

HTH!

kimbe

I squirt some soap on the stain and then soak it in cold water until the stain is out.

Breast fed poop
Red Tylenol (gave to DD at night, got on her shirt, soaked it the next morning and the stain came out --- I couldn't believe it!)

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

kimbe

Breast fed poop

HTH!

ShanaMama
07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I've also had great luck with OxySpray- but don't spray it & leave it. It needs to be washed right away. I've also heard that hot water actually sets the stains in deeper so I try to wash DD stuff on warm. Is that a total lie?
The one stain I have never been able to get out is DD's liquid iron supplement. OF course it only gets on her most adorable expensive outfits- completely dead with this horrible brown stain!!
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
I've also had great luck with OxySpray- but don't spray it & leave it. It needs to be washed right away. I've also heard that hot water actually sets the stains in deeper so I try to wash DD stuff on warm. Is that a total lie?
The one stain I have never been able to get out is DD's liquid iron supplement. OF course it only gets on her most adorable expensive outfits- completely dead with this horrible brown stain!!
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

ShanaMama
Any ideas?

jarrettsmom9705
07-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I tried the Oxypowder. Poured a scoop in with hot water and let the clothes soak. Not only did it not get out the stain, but it made the colors in the fabric bleed.:(

jarrettsmom9705
I tried the Oxypowder. Poured a scoop in with hot water and let the clothes soak. Not only did it not get out the stain, but it made the colors in the fabric bleed.:(

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705
07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
I tried the powder with no success.

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705
07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I thought hot water set stains also, but the directions on the OxyClean said hot water. I think that if I had used cold water it might have had more of an effect on the stain.
I bought a couple of those new Tide pens. I put one in each of my diaper bags so I can catch the stain immediately next time. I also told my husband that he has to treat any food stains immediately from now on. We'll see how that goes.

jarrettsmom9705
I thought hot water set stains also, but the directions on the OxyClean said hot water. I think that if I had used cold water it might have had more of an effect on the stain.
I bought a couple of those new Tide pens. I put one in each of my diaper bags so I can catch the stain immediately next time. I also told my husband that he has to treat any food stains immediately from now on. We'll see how that goes.

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

jarrettsmom9705

supercalifragilous
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
We've had the best luck with Folex (found in the carpet cleaner section). If it doesn't come clean with Shout/Zout/Dreft Stain Remover after the first wash, we Folex it and it usually does the trick. I don't know why we don't just Folex it from the get-go - probably b/c the others are right next to the detergent...

supercalifragilous
We've had the best luck with Folex (found in the carpet cleaner section). If it doesn't come clean with Shout/Zout/Dreft Stain Remover after the first wash, we Folex it and it usually does the trick. I don't know why we don't just Folex it from the get-go - probably b/c the others are right next to the detergent...

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous

supercalifragilous