PDA

View Full Version : Babysitter Vent

ChefGirl
07-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, we just came home and I had a voice mail on my cell phone. I knew it had to be my babysitter. This assistant teacher from DS' daycare babysits for me once a week (Sat night) since last year. We are pretty relaxed with her. If she is busy the last minute, we will always let her go instead of babysitting for us. Anyway, she just called this afternoon to say that she can no longer babysit for us since she is moving out of the state. You wait till like four hours before you have to babysit to tell me that! Anyway, we just lost our one and only "stable" babysitter. DH and I were looking forward to going out without kids tonight. Oh well..... life sucks right now. I'm sorry to vent, but thanks for listening.

How do you guys find your babysitter and keep them! By the way, we have no support network here whatsoever. So, that route is shut and gone a long time ago.

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl
Well, we just came home and I had a voice mail on my cell phone. I knew it had to be my babysitter. This assistant teacher from DS' daycare babysits for me once a week (Sat night) since last year. We are pretty relaxed with her. If she is busy the last minute, we will always let her go instead of babysitting for us. Anyway, she just called this afternoon to say that she can no longer babysit for us since she is moving out of the state. You wait till like four hours before you have to babysit to tell me that! Anyway, we just lost our one and only "stable" babysitter. DH and I were looking forward to going out without kids tonight. Oh well..... life sucks right now. I'm sorry to vent, but thanks for listening.

How do you guys find your babysitter and keep them! By the way, we have no support network here whatsoever. So, that route is shut and gone a long time ago.

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

ChefGirl

Thanks for listening.

RJPO
07-22-2006, 07:11 PM
"I can't babysit tonight because I'm moving out of state" has got to be one of the weirdest last-minute excuses I've heard.

Do you have a Craigslist in your area? We've found a few good sitters by placing an ad there. If you live near a college, you could try placing an ad through their employment office as well.

We have four sitters, but they're all so busy that we often find ourselves without a sitter for our regular Saturday night child-free dinner-and-a-movie dates We don't have any relatives who live near enough (or friends who like children enough!) to sit for us either, so I sympathize.

Good luck!

Rachel
mom to Mary, James, and baby Lizzie due 8/29

RJPO
"I can't babysit tonight because I'm moving out of state" has got to be one of the weirdest last-minute excuses I've heard.

Do you have a Craigslist in your area? We've found a few good sitters by placing an ad there. If you live near a college, you could try placing an ad through their employment office as well.

We have four sitters, but they're all so busy that we often find ourselves without a sitter for our regular Saturday night child-free dinner-and-a-movie dates We don't have any relatives who live near enough (or friends who like children enough!) to sit for us either, so I sympathize.

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

RJPO

Good luck!

Rachel

bubbaray
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I hope you get some good ideas. DD is 2 and we don't have a single babysitter for her (and like you, no support network). Long gone are any ideas of DH and I ever going out without her until she's in college.

Hope it all works out for you!

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

bubbaray
I hope you get some good ideas. DD is 2 and we don't have a single babysitter for her (and like you, no support network). Long gone are any ideas of DH and I ever going out without her until she's in college.

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

bubbaray

Melissa

jillc
07-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your b-sitter woes. How strange of her...

Sorry you don't get to go out tonight; kid free time is really something that we look forward to occasionally, too.

I'm thinking this might not be a worth-while suggestion since you say that you have no support network whatsoever, but I'll throw it out there anyway... Do you belong to a moms' group? Maybe if you found another mom that you really hit it off with, you could take turns watching each others' kids. I also know some friends who have asked the childcare girls from their gym to babysit & it has worked out well for them. Or maybe through a church somehow?

Hope you figure something out & hope that you and your DH got to enjoy some time together tonight.

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Sorry you don't get to go out tonight; kid free time is really something that we look forward to occasionally, too.

I'm thinking this might not be a worth-while suggestion since you say that you have no support network whatsoever, but I'll throw it out there anyway... Do you belong to a moms' group? Maybe if you found another mom that you really hit it off with, you could take turns watching each others' kids. I also know some friends who have asked the childcare girls from their gym to babysit & it has worked out well for them. Or maybe through a church somehow?

Hope you figure something out & hope that you and your DH got to enjoy some time together tonight.

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

jillc
Hi,

Best,
Jill

wilelm
07-23-2006, 01:56 AM
I second the craigslist idea. I have a fantastic babysitter that both of my kids and my husband and I love, that I found through craigslist.

Sheila
Mama to Miriam and Gabriel

wilelm
I second the craigslist idea. I have a fantastic babysitter that both of my kids and my husband and I love, that I found through craigslist.

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila

wilelm

Sheila