PDA

View Full Version : heat related pity party

jgriffin
07-22-2006, 03:06 PM
I just have to whine for a bit and have my own little pity party. It's hot. We have no AC. E is sick with hand-foot-and-mouth disease. He was feverish and not sleeping well all night, and he's tired, hot, and grumpy today (as are DH and I). And he's still contagious so we can't really go anywhere air-conditioned. And it's a Spare the Air day, so I feel guilty if we drive around in the car.

And...even though I was clever enough to put the ice cream maker insert in the freezer yesterday, I don't have the ingredients to make ice cream. And I'm too tired to cope with the grocery. Boo hiss! :(

Jen

jgriffin
I just have to whine for a bit and have my own little pity party. It's hot. We have no AC. E is sick with hand-foot-and-mouth disease. He was feverish and not sleeping well all night, and he's tired, hot, and grumpy today (as are DH and I). And he's still contagious so we can't really go anywhere air-conditioned. And it's a Spare the Air day, so I feel guilty if we drive around in the car.

And...even though I was clever enough to put the ice cream maker insert in the freezer yesterday, I don't have the ingredients to make ice cream. And I'm too tired to cope with the grocery. Boo hiss! :(

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

psophia17
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Awwwwww!

Big hugs to you - hopefully the heat gives way to some lovely rainy days soon, followed by gorgeous weather, that everyone feels great and can enjoy.

Do you have the ingredients for any ices? Lemon ice is easy, all it takes is lemon juice, sugar, and water...there's a recipe in the Cooking forum that's delicious. Maybe that will help?

psophia17
Awwwwww!

Big hugs to you - hopefully the heat gives way to some lovely rainy days soon, followed by gorgeous weather, that everyone feels great and can enjoy.

Do you have the ingredients for any ices? Lemon ice is easy, all it takes is lemon juice, sugar, and water...there's a recipe in the Cooking forum that's delicious. Maybe that will help?

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

psophia17
Awwwwww!

trumansmom
07-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh man. That just sucks!

And, I'll bet you would be forgiven for using your car AC today. It's really unusual circumstances. Just skip a day another day to make up for it and your karma should still be okay. ;)

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

And, I'll bet you would be forgiven for using your car AC today. It's really unusual circumstances. Just skip a day another day to make up for it and your karma should still be okay. ;)

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

trumansmom
Oh man. That just sucks!

Hope things get better!!
Jeanne

kijip
07-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I hear you! It is too hot here too!

Use the AC in the car!

Would E like a cool bath? One cheered Toby up considerably :).

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

kijip

Use the AC in the car!

buddyleebaby
07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
We have no AC either and last week was miserable.
We put on our swim suits and went "swimming" in the tub. DD had a blast and it cooled me and dh off.

Hoping you get some cool weather soon!

etc typo

buddyleebaby
We put on our swim suits and went "swimming" in the tub. DD had a blast and it cooled me and dh off.

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

buddyleebaby

etc typo

ellies mom
07-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm with Katie. Go for a drive. I'm pretty certain you deserve a pass in these circumstances. I hope things cool down for you soon or at the very least, DS is nor longer contagious, so you can go sit in the AC somewhere else.

ellies mom
I'm with Katie. Go for a drive. I'm pretty certain you deserve a pass in these circumstances. I hope things cool down for you soon or at the very least, DS is nor longer contagious, so you can go sit in the AC somewhere else.

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

jgriffin
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks for everyone's cool wishes! We gave E a nice long bath, went for a drive, and walked around the mall briefly, being *very* careful to avoid other kids. E has not been eating or drinking much, since the lesions in his mouth bother him. Luckily we had a watermelon in the fridge, and he ate lots of it when we got back home. Gave him another long bath (oh boy was he sticky!), and we just put him down. His room is hovering around 90°, even with 2 fans going, but he seems to be quieting down for the evening.

Bleah, what a day. And tomorrow's not supposed to be better. Thank goodness for bathtubs and watermelons (and cars with AC!)

You know it's bad when it's so hot you've lost your appetite for ice cream! :)

jgriffin
Thanks for everyone's cool wishes! We gave E a nice long bath, went for a drive, and walked around the mall briefly, being *very* careful to avoid other kids. E has not been eating or drinking much, since the lesions in his mouth bother him. Luckily we had a watermelon in the fridge, and he ate lots of it when we got back home. Gave him another long bath (oh boy was he sticky!), and we just put him down. His room is hovering around 90°, even with 2 fans going, but he seems to be quieting down for the evening.

Bleah, what a day. And tomorrow's not supposed to be better. Thank goodness for bathtubs and watermelons (and cars with AC!)

jgriffin

jgriffin

jgriffin

jgriffin

jgriffin

jgriffin

jgriffin