PDA

View Full Version : General whining and bitching welcome here!

DebbieJ
07-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Okay, I'll start:

--I really hate this cat. She keeps barfing all over (has been to the vet numerous times and checks out just fine), she's tearing up my carpet, and she won't leave me alone! She also always seems to find my water glass instead of drinking out of her water bowl.
--my mom was supposed to babysit for me tomorrow at 11 a.m. while I work, but told me at 9:00 p.m. tonight that she is going to work instead. Thank goodness my sister can pinch hit, but now I have to pack everything up to bring ds to her house.
--my painter STILL hasn't come back to finish my foyer.
--ds rolled over and smacked his head into my lip while we were sleeping last night and now I have a big fat lip!

Okay, now I feel better. What do you need to get off your chest?

I though of another---I have a fat stack of gift cards that I keep together with a rubber band. They were in my purse but I took them out cuz I was out of town for a few days and wouldn't need them. Now I can't find them. In between there I bought a new purse and the strap broke, so I brought it back. I'm thinking the gift cards were left in there, but when I called the store they couldn't find them. I hope they turn up somewhere. Thankfully it wasn't a lot. Just $5-$20 here and there from making returns.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

--I really hate this cat. She keeps barfing all over (has been to the vet numerous times and checks out just fine), she's tearing up my carpet, and she won't leave me alone! She also always seems to find my water glass instead of drinking out of her water bowl.
--my mom was supposed to babysit for me tomorrow at 11 a.m. while I work, but told me at 9:00 p.m. tonight that she is going to work instead. Thank goodness my sister can pinch hit, but now I have to pack everything up to bring ds to her house.
--ds rolled over and smacked his head into my lip while we were sleeping last night and now I have a big fat lip!

I though of another---I have a fat stack of gift cards that I keep together with a rubber band. They were in my purse but I took them out cuz I was out of town for a few days and wouldn't need them. Now I can't find them. In between there I bought a new purse and the strap broke, so I brought it back. I'm thinking the gift cards were left in there, but when I called the store they couldn't find them. I hope they turn up somewhere. Thankfully it wasn't a lot. Just $5-$20 here and there from making returns.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ
Okay, I'll start:

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

mommy_someday
07-23-2006, 12:41 AM
--A nasty storm went through STL, killing the power to thousands of homes. Mine has been out since Wednesday night. While I'm glad that we can stay with my parents who HAVE power and water, they are making me nuts! I went through high school once already!
--One of my dogs is driving us crazy. She's not very nice to our other dog, she's scared of DS and just generally uptight about everything. DH wants to get rid of her. I can't decide.
--I pinched DS's belly skin in the buckle of his booster seat today at lunch. It was pinched for a good 4-5 seconds before I realized what I'd done (and why he was crying). I actually had to undo the buckle to free him. :(
--I want to sleep in my own bed WITH DH, who is sleeping in the living room floor with the dogs, while I sleep with DS in another room.
--I'm in the planning stages of starting my own WAH business and can't decide on a freaking name! I wish I could just figure it out already so I could move forward.

Jeez, I didn't realize how much I needed to vent until I was done. Thanks, Deb. Who's next?

mommy_someday
--A nasty storm went through STL, killing the power to thousands of homes. Mine has been out since Wednesday night. While I'm glad that we can stay with my parents who HAVE power and water, they are making me nuts! I went through high school once already!
--One of my dogs is driving us crazy. She's not very nice to our other dog, she's scared of DS and just generally uptight about everything. DH wants to get rid of her. I can't decide.
--I pinched DS's belly skin in the buckle of his booster seat today at lunch. It was pinched for a good 4-5 seconds before I realized what I'd done (and why he was crying). I actually had to undo the buckle to free him. :(
--I want to sleep in my own bed WITH DH, who is sleeping in the living room floor with the dogs, while I sleep with DS in another room.
--I'm in the planning stages of starting my own WAH business and can't decide on a freaking name! I wish I could just figure it out already so I could move forward.

Jeez, I didn't realize how much I needed to vent until I was done. Thanks, Deb. Who's next?

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

american_mama
07-23-2006, 01:36 AM
1.) DD1 manhandled my watch the other day and then gave it to DD2 to "wear." DH found it and gave it to me or put it somewhere, but that's the last anyone has seen of it. I very well may have been careless with it after DH had it, but why does everyone in this family have to fiddle with my watch?!

2.) We ate dinner at 9 pm tonight because I didn't pay much attention to the time while running errands. See above.

3.) Then again, eating at 9 pm happens even when I have a watch.

4.) DD2 appears to be outgrowing many of the cloth diapers I just bought for her. I asked for advice in Butts about sizing, but everyone is on vacation there, it seems, and only one person answered.

5.) I'm not getting much pleasure out of being around DH lately. He's either not here, not here in spirit, or here but irritating me.

american_mama
1.) DD1 manhandled my watch the other day and then gave it to DD2 to "wear." DH found it and gave it to me or put it somewhere, but that's the last anyone has seen of it. I very well may have been careless with it after DH had it, but why does everyone in this family have to fiddle with my watch?!

2.) We ate dinner at 9 pm tonight because I didn't pay much attention to the time while running errands. See above.

4.) DD2 appears to be outgrowing many of the cloth diapers I just bought for her. I asked for advice in Butts about sizing, but everyone is on vacation there, it seems, and only one person answered.

5.) I'm not getting much pleasure out of being around DH lately. He's either not here, not here in spirit, or here but irritating me.

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

Radosti
07-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Can I give a bit of advice about the cat? We have the same thing. Our Mr. Kitty used to puke all the time. We put him on Innova Evo (it's expensive, but well worth it) and he only pukes occasionally now. A good hairball medicine daily might also help you with the cat.

As far as drinking out of the glass... same here. I've taken to drinking from water bottles lately, even if I just refill the same one from the fridge. At least there is no cat slobber in the bottle.

Radosti
Can I give a bit of advice about the cat? We have the same thing. Our Mr. Kitty used to puke all the time. We put him on Innova Evo (it's expensive, but well worth it) and he only pukes occasionally now. A good hairball medicine daily might also help you with the cat.

As far as drinking out of the glass... same here. I've taken to drinking from water bottles lately, even if I just refill the same one from the fridge. At least there is no cat slobber in the bottle.

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

buddyleebaby
07-23-2006, 10:57 AM
--I really hate this cat. She keeps barfing all over (has been to the vet numerous times and checks out just fine), she's tearing up my carpet, and she won't leave me alone!

This part made me lol. Your cat and my cat sound like kindred souls. Of course, in my case, it is because dd keeps sneaking him table scraps (very into sharing as of late) and he keeps eating them. How many times does he have to puke up waffle before he realizes they are NOT for cats?

buddyleebaby
--I really hate this cat. She keeps barfing all over (has been to the vet numerous times and checks out just fine), she's tearing up my carpet, and she won't leave me alone!

This part made me lol. Your cat and my cat sound like kindred souls. Of course, in my case, it is because dd keeps sneaking him table scraps (very into sharing as of late) and he keeps eating them. How many times does he have to puke up waffle before he realizes they are NOT for cats?

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

Jenn98
07-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I hate my cat, too. I have two cats, and they are so opposite I think it just highlights the bad parts of the other one.

I know no one cares, but here goes:

Thor is a big, beautiful brown tabby who is too smart for his own good. He is gentle but loving and has always been a sweetie. I got him in college and every roommate I ever had tried to steal him (and I moved 17 times in college!) He's so smart - I have only ever had to tell him no about something once and he never does it again.

Then there's Buddy. I only got him because I stupidly thought Thor was lonely. I was in college but away on an internship and was living alone and working 12 hour days. Thor and I had never lived alone so when I would come home he would be so starved for love that he was crazy. "Get another kitty," I thought. "Bad idea," should have been my next thought. Fast forward to today. Thor and Buddy do not get along. Buddy is like an annoying kid brother who is skinny, needy and in your face all the time. He is full of quirks - *has* to have fresh, ice cold water from the tap at least once a day. Meows in a high-pitched, grate your nails on a chalboard way until he gets his way. He is always full of matts, but won't me cut them out - I actually had to take him tot he dog groomers and had just his body shaved once. And the kicker to it all? I have to give him prozac. Yup, actual human prozac every other day. It keeps him slightly more normal and it keeps him from his worst habit of all: peeing to mark his territory.

I could go on and on about Buddy's drawbacks. I feel bad because he is such an annoying cat that I know no one will ever love him and take care of him the way I do, but he drives me nuts. I feel trapped. And have actually thought, in moments of desperation, about having him put down. But I bet a vet won't put a cat down simply because he's annoying. Will they? ;)

Jenn98
I hate my cat, too. I have two cats, and they are so opposite I think it just highlights the bad parts of the other one.

Thor is a big, beautiful brown tabby who is too smart for his own good. He is gentle but loving and has always been a sweetie. I got him in college and every roommate I ever had tried to steal him (and I moved 17 times in college!) He's so smart - I have only ever had to tell him no about something once and he never does it again.

Then there's Buddy. I only got him because I stupidly thought Thor was lonely. I was in college but away on an internship and was living alone and working 12 hour days. Thor and I had never lived alone so when I would come home he would be so starved for love that he was crazy. "Get another kitty," I thought. "Bad idea," should have been my next thought. Fast forward to today. Thor and Buddy do not get along. Buddy is like an annoying kid brother who is skinny, needy and in your face all the time. He is full of quirks - *has* to have fresh, ice cold water from the tap at least once a day. Meows in a high-pitched, grate your nails on a chalboard way until he gets his way. He is always full of matts, but won't me cut them out - I actually had to take him tot he dog groomers and had just his body shaved once. And the kicker to it all? I have to give him prozac. Yup, actual human prozac every other day. It keeps him slightly more normal and it keeps him from his worst habit of all: peeing to mark his territory.

I could go on and on about Buddy's drawbacks. I feel bad because he is such an annoying cat that I know no one will ever love him and take care of him the way I do, but he drives me nuts. I feel trapped. And have actually thought, in moments of desperation, about having him put down. But I bet a vet won't put a cat down simply because he's annoying. Will they? ;)

Jenn98

Jenn98

Jenn98

Jenn98

Jenn98

Jenn98

Jenn98

thomma
07-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Here are mine:
--Why is it always my job to plan and prepare every meal? During the week, sure, I'm home before dh. But on the weekends? why? Actually, I don't mind the preparing part, I'd like for someone else to decide what I'm making every night.

--Dear Siblings: we are all almost 40...being the oldest now isn't the same as being the oldest 20 years ago. grow up!

--What? Our school bldg will not be open at night this summer? Only 6am-2pm...great! When the heck am I supposed to set up my classroom?

Wow...that felt good. :)

Oh, and I feel for you...we have a cat that pukes too. Everywhere, all the time. Drives us nuts. That and the fact that our 2 cats hate each other and fight, loudly, all the time. We keep waiting for them to croak but every year the vet tells us they are healthy. sigh...

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:
--Why is it always my job to plan and prepare every meal? During the week, sure, I'm home before dh. But on the weekends? why? Actually, I don't mind the preparing part, I'd like for someone else to decide what I'm making every night.

--Dear Siblings: we are all almost 40...being the oldest now isn't the same as being the oldest 20 years ago. grow up!

--What? Our school bldg will not be open at night this summer? Only 6am-2pm...great! When the heck am I supposed to set up my classroom?

Oh, and I feel for you...we have a cat that pukes too. Everywhere, all the time. Drives us nuts. That and the fact that our 2 cats hate each other and fight, loudly, all the time. We keep waiting for them to croak but every year the vet tells us they are healthy. sigh...

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

thomma
Here are mine:

Kim
t&e 5/03

crl
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
1. The CIS/FBI rejected my fingerprints for our adoption paperwork. I have to go back and have them re-done. We are in the of moving to another state and I don't know if they will force us to transfer offices so I'm not sure if this just sets us back a month or much longer.

2. MIL did not put DS to bed until about 2 hours after his bedtime last night. I really do appreciate her watching him, but I do not appreciate whiny, grumpy boy all day, especially since we met friends for a good-bye lunch out today.

3. Why is DH rattling around in the closet up here while I am waiting for whiny, grumpy boy to go to sleep?

4. Why do people let their bushes grow until they encroach on the sidewalk? Why do people set their sprinklers to water the sidewalk? I need to actually use the sidewalk for walking, especially when I am pushing a stroller (with whiny, grumpy boy in it).

Thanks for the chance to vent!

crl
1. The CIS/FBI rejected my fingerprints for our adoption paperwork. I have to go back and have them re-done. We are in the of moving to another state and I don't know if they will force us to transfer offices so I'm not sure if this just sets us back a month or much longer.

2. MIL did not put DS to bed until about 2 hours after his bedtime last night. I really do appreciate her watching him, but I do not appreciate whiny, grumpy boy all day, especially since we met friends for a good-bye lunch out today.

3. Why is DH rattling around in the closet up here while I am waiting for whiny, grumpy boy to go to sleep?

4. Why do people let their bushes grow until they encroach on the sidewalk? Why do people set their sprinklers to water the sidewalk? I need to actually use the sidewalk for walking, especially when I am pushing a stroller (with whiny, grumpy boy in it).

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

crl

Wife_and_mommy
07-23-2006, 10:47 PM
He's up AGAIN!!!!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Wife_and_mommy
#1He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
#1.He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
i'm grumpy

Wife_and_mommy
#1..He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
#1.He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
#1..He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
#1..He's up AGAIN!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
#1..He's up AGAIN!!!!

niccig
07-23-2006, 11:04 PM
1. I totally hear you on the cat, but in my case it's a dog. We got her to keep our older dog company...dumb reason. She's hyperactive, very needy, her nose is literally in your face, she bounds around the house and has knocked over DS a few times when she's too excited. We spent a lot of money on training, it has worked to some degree. We're now thinking of prozac. There are many days when I'm at the end of my rope. We've thought of finding her a new home, but I don't know if anyone will care for her eccentricities, or will they just dump her when they find out how difficult she can be.

2. When I met DH I was searching for a more fulfilling career, he was very supportive of me doing what I needed to do. I started to make headway and then DS was born, so it was put on the back burner. Now it's back on the front burner, but DH keeps reminding me of a colleague's wife who wanted the same career but gave up as it was too difficult to manage with a family. I know people who are doing it with kids, so it's not impossible, but it will mean some changes. It sounds like supporting me was OK in theory, but not IRL.

Nicci

niccig
1. I totally hear you on the cat, but in my case it's a dog. We got her to keep our older dog company...dumb reason. She's hyperactive, very needy, her nose is literally in your face, she bounds around the house and has knocked over DS a few times when she's too excited. We spent a lot of money on training, it has worked to some degree. We're now thinking of prozac. There are many days when I'm at the end of my rope. We've thought of finding her a new home, but I don't know if anyone will care for her eccentricities, or will they just dump her when they find out how difficult she can be.

2. When I met DH I was searching for a more fulfilling career, he was very supportive of me doing what I needed to do. I started to make headway and then DS was born, so it was put on the back burner. Now it's back on the front burner, but DH keeps reminding me of a colleague's wife who wanted the same career but gave up as it was too difficult to manage with a family. I know people who are doing it with kids, so it's not impossible, but it will mean some changes. It sounds like supporting me was OK in theory, but not IRL.

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

emilyf
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I came downstairs to find both the dog AND the cat had pooped in the kitchen. Nice. I too am praying for a devastating illness to strike them down, but alas, healthy as can be. Between the pets, the baby in diapers and my potty trained son who needs help with wiping I feel like way too much of time is spent cleaning up poop.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

emilyf
I came downstairs to find both the dog AND the cat had pooped in the kitchen. Nice. I too am praying for a devastating illness to strike them down, but alas, healthy as can be. Between the pets, the baby in diapers and my potty trained son who needs help with wiping I feel like way too much of time is spent cleaning up poop.

emilyf

emilyf

emilyf

emilyf

emilyf

emilyf

emilyf

cmdunn1972
07-26-2006, 06:57 AM
My poor baby has a diaper rash! He's generally happy, but screams when I apply cream to his nether regions. I feel like a mean Mommy during diaper changes!

cmdunn1972
My poor baby has a diaper rash! He's generally happy, but screams when I apply cream to his nether regions. I feel like a mean Mommy during diaper changes!

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972

cmdunn1972