PDA

View Full Version : DH and the AC arrrggghhh

oliviasmomma
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
DH hates to turn the AC on in the car. It can be 100, 95% humidity, we're dressed up on our way to somewhere like a wedding, and I have to beg to turn the AC on. If I loose the discussion, I end up looking like a crazed, dressed up poodle thanks to my naturally curly (frizzy) hair. Anyone with curly hair knows that the combination of humidity and blowing air is a very bad one.

So, why is it that DH likes to turn the AC on in the house and set it to, oh, 68? Seriously--68, which translates to about 65 generally. I spend most nights in bed dressed like I'm going on a polar expedition. I usually remember to turn the AC up after he leaves, but I forgot today. DD and I came home from our playdate and I could have chilled beer in the living room.

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma
DH hates to turn the AC on in the car. It can be 100, 95% humidity, we're dressed up on our way to somewhere like a wedding, and I have to beg to turn the AC on. If I loose the discussion, I end up looking like a crazed, dressed up poodle thanks to my naturally curly (frizzy) hair. Anyone with curly hair knows that the combination of humidity and blowing air is a very bad one.

So, why is it that DH likes to turn the AC on in the house and set it to, oh, 68? Seriously--68, which translates to about 65 generally. I spend most nights in bed dressed like I'm going on a polar expedition. I usually remember to turn the AC up after he leaves, but I forgot today. DD and I came home from our playdate and I could have chilled beer in the living room.

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

oliviasmomma

Sheesh!

BaileyBea
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh...if you have seen my post you would see I am having issues w/DH and the AC too.

But my DH doesn't want to turn on the AC at home or in the car. Last week I had to explain to DH that when it's 102 outside and 95% humidity, it's probably a good idea to turn the car and AC on before putting DS in the car and letting him wait 10 minutes in a hot car while you load groceries in the trunk. This is just unacceptable. He didn't agree and I wanted to Bonk him in the head.

I too have curly hair an dI know what my hair tends to look like w/the humidlity... super frizz.

Hang in there! I am sympathize.

BaileyBea
Oh...if you have seen my post you would see I am having issues w/DH and the AC too.

But my DH doesn't want to turn on the AC at home or in the car. Last week I had to explain to DH that when it's 102 outside and 95% humidity, it's probably a good idea to turn the car and AC on before putting DS in the car and letting him wait 10 minutes in a hot car while you load groceries in the trunk. This is just unacceptable. He didn't agree and I wanted to Bonk him in the head.

I too have curly hair an dI know what my hair tends to look like w/the humidlity... super frizz.

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea

BaileyBea