PDA

View Full Version : My sister cancelled babysitting for me b/c my BIL is a big jerk!

DebbieJ
07-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I am a single mom for the moment b/c DH is out of town on a long term project.

I needed a babysitter on Sunday afternoon. My mom was going to do it, but then she got called into work so my sister volunteered. Great. No problem.

DS had a cough that day. I am not one to freak out when people are mildly sick, so I thought nothing of it. Tuesday morning I got a phone call thanking me for getting my niece sick. Ha ha.

I also need a babysitter this Saturday morning. My work that day is in my sister's town, so I figured she would be the most likely candidate. She agreed, no problem. Well, I just got a call from her saying that her husband doesn't want DS to come over again because not only is my niece sick, but now he is sick too! He is being such an a$$ lately!

Hmm, it could have been one of the 50+ people that were at his house over the weekend for his daughter's 1st birthday party. Or the fact that he was drinking that night. Or how about the fact that he SMOKES?!?! Don't you think those things might contribute to your poor health??

I am just so so mad. My family is really letting me down when I need them the most.

(I called my mom to fill in and she reluctantly agreed. I live 10 miles from her and she thinks it's "so far." She's going to sleep over on Friday night!)

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

DebbieJ

I needed a babysitter on Sunday afternoon. My mom was going to do it, but then she got called into work so my sister volunteered. Great. No problem.

DS had a cough that day. I am not one to freak out when people are mildly sick, so I thought nothing of it. Tuesday morning I got a phone call thanking me for getting my niece sick. Ha ha.

I also need a babysitter this Saturday morning. My work that day is in my sister's town, so I figured she would be the most likely candidate. She agreed, no problem. Well, I just got a call from her saying that her husband doesn't want DS to come over again because not only is my niece sick, but now he is sick too! He is being such an a$$ lately!

Hmm, it could have been one of the 50+ people that were at his house over the weekend for his daughter's 1st birthday party. Or the fact that he was drinking that night. Or how about the fact that he SMOKES?!?! Don't you think those things might contribute to your poor health??

I am just so so mad. My family is really letting me down when I need them the most.

(I called my mom to fill in and she reluctantly agreed. I live 10 miles from her and she thinks it's "so far." She's going to sleep over on Friday night!)

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

saschalicks
07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Deb,
I'm sorry your family isn't supporting you. It's unfortunate, but hang in there.

saschalicks
Deb,
I'm sorry your family isn't supporting you. It's unfortunate, but hang in there.

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

saschalicks
Deb,

niccig
07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Oh, I'm sorry your family are being such jerks. The bitchy par of me says to do the same thing back to them next time they ask you for something...oh no, I wouldn't want DS to get sick, get help you sorry...

I mean, you don't know who you caught a virus from. It could be anyone you come into contact with. I'm annoyed as good friends of ours did the same thing on the weekend. She insisted that DD2 got sick from our DS, who did have a runny nose last time they were together. It was teething, DS hasn't had a cold since winter. We could tell she didn't believe me, DH even stepped in to tell her that DS hasn't had a cold in months. Gees, her kid could have gotten sick from anyone, and it was probably DD1, who goes to preschool. Stop pointing fingers. Kids get sick!!
Nicci

niccig
Oh, I'm sorry your family are being such jerks. The bitchy par of me says to do the same thing back to them next time they ask you for something...oh no, I wouldn't want DS to get sick, get help you sorry...

I mean, you don't know who you caught a virus from. It could be anyone you come into contact with. I'm annoyed as good friends of ours did the same thing on the weekend. She insisted that DD2 got sick from our DS, who did have a runny nose last time they were together. It was teething, DS hasn't had a cold since winter. We could tell she didn't believe me, DH even stepped in to tell her that DS hasn't had a cold in months. Gees, her kid could have gotten sick from anyone, and it was probably DD1, who goes to preschool. Stop pointing fingers. Kids get sick!!
Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

niccig

Nicci

Momof3Labs
07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Deb, let me know if you need help! You're welcome to drop B off here!

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

alexsmommy
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
10 mi is so far?!? I was going to say if you are really desparate I'd take B. but that is quite a hike for you. I also know desparate times call for desparate measures.
Sorry your family is letting you down. If you haven't seen it already, I emailed your yahoo account earlier today.
Oh, and I'm sure the smoking and tons of company has nothing to do with your BIL's health.
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
10 mi is so far?!? I was going to say if you are really desparate I'd take B. but that is quite a hike for you. I also know desparate times call for desparate measures.
Sorry your family is letting you down. If you haven't seen it already, I emailed your yahoo account earlier today.
Oh, and I'm sure the smoking and tons of company has nothing to do with your BIL's health.
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Geez.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

DebbieJ
07-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks to my BBB sisters, I am covered!

I love the BBB!!!!!!!!!!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

bcky2
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
im sorry that they are being such poops. if i still lived out that way i would help you out in a heart beat. i has to be so hard with your dh out of town, i hope that he gets back soon.

bcky2
im sorry that they are being such poops. if i still lived out that way i would help you out in a heart beat. i has to be so hard with your dh out of town, i hope that he gets back soon.

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2