PDA

View Full Version : Why do supermarkets...

buddyleebaby
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
...always decide to remodel as soon as I know the layout well enough to do an effective shop?
Once again I am left wandering aimlessly up the aisles, which are now not only unfamilar but messy. Furthermore, I don't see how the changes are any better at all. Who wants to walk the entire length and width of the store to brab a gallon of milk?
Boo.

buddyleebaby
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
...always decide to remodel as soon as I know the layout well enough to do an effective shop?
Once again I am left wandering aimlessly up the aisles, which are now not only unfamilar but messy. Furthermore, I don't see how the changes are any better at all. Who wants to walk the entire length and width of the store to brab a gallon of milk?
Boo.

schums
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
I TOTALLY agree. I can't tell you the number of times I've asked our store to put a small cooling unit by the front door with milk and yogurt in it for people who only need to pick up some milk and run!! And our store is undergoing a complete remodel -- ripped up floors, moving whole sections of the stores to other areas, etc. It totally sucks.

The reason they keep rearranging tho, is a solid business reason -- they want you to buy more. Once you know the store, you just go to the aisles you're interested in, buy stuff off your list and leave. If you have to wander the aisles to find the stuff you need, the chances that you'll buy things in addition to what's on your list (ohh, that looks good or it's really cheap or whatever) goes up exponentially.

Whatever the reason, it still sucks!

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

schums
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
I TOTALLY agree. I can't tell you the number of times I've asked our store to put a small cooling unit by the front door with milk and yogurt in it for people who only need to pick up some milk and run!! And our store is undergoing a complete remodel -- ripped up floors, moving whole sections of the stores to other areas, etc. It totally sucks.

The reason they keep rearranging tho, is a solid business reason -- they want you to buy more. Once you know the store, you just go to the aisles you're interested in, buy stuff off your list and leave. If you have to wander the aisles to find the stuff you need, the chances that you'll buy things in addition to what's on your list (ohh, that looks good or it's really cheap or whatever) goes up exponentially.

Whatever the reason, it still sucks!

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

Lovingliv
07-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Shame on them,,,,can you use a Lark? Somedays I have all I can do not to get in one....but you are certainly entitled with a toddler and being preggo!

Hugs to you and shame on them!

Love Abigail's new pic!

mariza
07-29-2006, 06:14 AM
This is why I love PeaPod.com, no more grocery shopping for me! I hope you have online shopping in your area, it really saves me lots of time and aggravation, not to mention lugging groceries up 2 flights of stairs while 8 months pg!