PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - Is there anything I can do? - neg feedback- jerk.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Some jerk "won an item" of mine I did not notice he had feedback of negative 1 ( I am an idiot), so he doesn't pay and then I see his address is in Taiwan ( don't think anyone buying a $14 pair of jeans would want to pay to ship them to Taiwan). Anyway I leave him neg feedback for no pay, then he leaves me neg feedback saying " counterfeit items, shipping outrageous... blah blah blah." This really troubles me as my items are not fake. If I was going to sell something fake it would be something more lucrative than $14 jeans for heavan's sake. Is there ANYTHING I can do?
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

sidmand
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi Susan,

Under your own feedback, there's an link at the bottom to "reply to feedback received" you can reply to his feedback of you and say something like "items not counterfeit, seller didn't pay, check his feedback for negatives" or something to that effect.

I don't know how many positives you have, but most times, if I see something like that, I just ignore the negative. Unfortunately, there are always bad eggs out there who will leave negatives for their own reasons and I take that into consideration when looking at someone's score. I think most people do.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

kellyotn
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear that. Do reply with an explanation. PP's quote was exactly what I'd say.

Additionally, you can set up your preferences so that people outside of of your the areas you specify you ship to can't see your listings at all. (You can set up for US only, or US/Canada only, etc.)

stillplayswithbarbies
07-30-2006, 12:42 PM
If you go through the process to report him as a non-paying bidder and get your fees back from eBay, part of that process is also to remove the negative feedback he left you.

JTsMom
07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I just had an ugly experience too! I just started selling baby clothes on ebay, and I have one customer who's just being ROTTEN to me! She claims I sold her pre-laundered clothes as NWT- I would NEVER do something like that!

To make matters worse, I started the item low, she put in the only bid, and I actually lost money on it. Now I'm going to have to eat all of the fees, and the shipping.

I guess when you deal with something like ebay, you just have to expect that kind of nonsense every now and then, and hope the good far outweighs the bad.

madelinesmom
07-31-2006, 03:41 PM
I hate to kinda chage the subject but because you all have had problems selling ebay on will you continue to do it or will you go another route (resale shop, garage sale, etc.)??? The reason I ask is because I was going to start selling this in August. I have 2 daughters and will start selling their things... I have alot of things to sell and don't want to take everything to a resale shop where I only get 40% and I refuse to sell a $100 outfit worn twice for $2 at a garage sale, I would rather just keep it...

BTW I am a big ebay buyer but have never sold so I do understand how everything works just curious as to some opinions...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

pookee
07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
So sorry to hear about the negative experiences. I've been using ebay for 10 years and it's really started to go downhill in the last 5 (the last couple years especially).

You do have the option of mutually withdrawing feedback, but keep in mind that this ONLY removes the -1... it does NOT withdraw any horrid comments.

Yes, you can respond to the comments in your feedback.... but, that gives the other person one more line to add information in your feedback. You don't get another chance to respond after that.

I just don't leave negative feedback for people anymore - not worth the trouble it causes for me - I just file a non-paying bidder to get my ebay fees back. Sometimes I contact the next highest bidder to see if they are still interested in the item... they usually aren't.

Unfortunately, ebay is the most popular auction tool out there. It's great for getting a cheap price as a buyer (massive selection) but it's not good for selling items at a fair market value.

peasprout
08-04-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm really annoyed with ebay. They are hands down the most popular auction site and they know it. They just raised their fees so not only do you have to pay an insertion fee, but a fee for more than one picture, a fee for photo gallery (because it seems like every seller has this now), a final value fee, and since they own paypal they don't even allow sellers to request paypal from funded sources only. Which means everyone has to upgrade from free paypal and get charged yet another fee just to receive payment! I wish there was another auction site that was as popular, I'd use it in a heartbeat!

JP