PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I don't like people

punkrockmama
08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Bah, I went to the OB's yesterday because I am sick y'all. I mean SICK. My mom has been over every day to help with Peyton because I literally can't get out of bed with wanting to toss my crackers across the room.

So anyway, I go to the doctor's and take a magazine from home with me. I check in and sit down across from a woman that looks at me and says hello. The nurse calls me up to ask me a question so I put my mag under my purse and go up to the front. I come back, sit down, look around, and my mag is gone! The chick across from me took my magazine. I was all "Oh NO she DI-NT'." She looked up and me and just shrugged her shoulders and said she saw me walk in with it and wanted to read about Tori Spelling. Yes, yes, it was an US Weekly. I can't help it, I covet that magazine. Reading about who's smacking their personal assistants with their cell phones during a coked out haze brings me pleasure.

Now I know I'm kinda on edge right now but I just couldn't believe that she had the nerve to touch my purse to move it out of the way to get my magazine. It wasn't even like I had left it there and gone in to see the doctor, then I guess it would be fair play. I wouldn't put my hands on somebody else's stuff.

Manners people. Jeez.

super_grape
08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd have sat on her...or at least threatened too :) .
I'm not so nice when I'm pregnant plus I've got
a big booty ;) .
I'm sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon!
It's so hard to be sick AND pregnant AND have a little
one to take care of....Hugs to you!
And it sounds like you did a great job keeping you cool
with this woman too!

bcky2
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM
ok, that is so wrong on so many levels. who in their right mind touches someone elses purse to take their magazine that they walked in with and then just ack like it is no big deal, espcially to a PREGNANT woman who is sick. ack!!!!!!!!!!!

so inquiring minds want to know, is she still alive ;)

Toba
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, and did you get your magazine back??

That happened to me once at my doctor's office. I told the person it was my personal magazine and she gave it back, apologizing profusely. Rude, rude, rude.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

niccig
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM
You don't do that and not to a pregnant woman. Actually, that should be law : Do not take anything from a preganant woman!
I hope you got your mag back and the woman NEVER tries that again.

saschalicks
08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
You didn't finish the story. I mean I hope you told her to give it back immediately. Is that woman crazy? I mean really. Even if it belonged to the office she moved your effing purse to get the mag. I mean really. Who does that?

Jenn98
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Tell me you looked right at her and said, "That was my personal magazine. The one I've keept in the bathroom to read inbetween heaving in the toilet for the last week. I hope you enjoy it AND the nasty bug you're about to catch from me. Have a nice day."

hee hee.

punkrockmama
08-02-2006, 02:36 PM
I bitch slapped her.

Okay, not really. I just looked over at her with *that look*, and that was when she said she just wanted to read about Tori. After that I actually said well it's on the stands right now so go buy it and give me mine back. LOL She gave me a dirty look and handed it back. Then I put it back under my purse and grabbed a Time mag from the basket near us. Just so she could see my US Weekly sitting there. I was hoping she'd think if only I had been nice and waited I could have asked that lovely girl if I could see her magazine if she wasn't going to read it. Ha

Thanks for the replies guys. You made me laugh. Which is something I need right now since besides my total nausea, I woke up this morning with really a sore throat and it hurts to swallow. :( Ugh, I feel like a hot mess. Even Peyton took one look at me this morning and said "Mommie, you need go back see docotor? He make you feel better, he check your penis." (We took him to see the doctor around six months ago since he was complaining that it hurt when he peed. He's fine now but whenever ANYONE is sick, he'll always ask if they need to have their penis checked.) I guess he thinks that since it worked for him and he felt better that it will work for everyone. No matter if they have one or not. I laughed and told him that mommie dosen't have a penis and he just looked at me like, oh yeah, that's right. Well, then I guess you're sh!t out of luck. Then he hugged me. LOL

Beth568
08-02-2006, 04:03 PM
First of all, you have my sympathy. I would have been furious, but I was pretty much furious for 9 months during each of my pregnancies. ;)

Second - this part of your post: "Mommie, you need go back see docotor? He make you feel better, he check your penis." made me laugh more than anything I've read or heard today, so thank you. ;)

Hope you're feeling better soon - pregnancy nausea is the worst.