PDA

View Full Version : My mattress

Radosti
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
About 4 years ago, hubby and I spent $2000 on an amazing mattress. It was like sleeping on a well-supportive cloud. It's a Kingsdown. Well, fast forward to today and the thing stinks!!! It's compressed where we sleep and we rotate it all the time. If I put the baby in the middle, he rolls toward hubby or me. It's like a hill in the middle. It's got a lifetime warranty and I just called Sleepys. They are sending an inspector out and once they receive a report from the inspector, within 10 days they will either give us a new same mattress or the money back for a new mattress in their store.

It's a nice policy, I just hate sleeping on the mattress now. I really do. And it's only 4 years old and is top of the line.

Nicsmom
08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
We are going through the same exact situation. After reading your post I am going to check if ours still has a warranty. I hate our mattress and I wake up everyday feeling exhausted and with back pain.

MrsZaz
08-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Same thing happened to ours as well (purchased through Sleepy's). The inspector came out, looked at the mattress, found a dime size spot and voided our warranty! I tried to fight it but to no avail. My DH insists something happened when the delivery guys were bringing it up our stairs (of course he never followed through at the time) and a spring was snapped (you can fold a king mattress side to side or head to toe , one or the other , without ruining any of the internal mechanisms and the delivery guys did it the wrong way.

Anyway, had to buy another mattress (from another manufacturer of course). If you can, check out your mattress before the inspector comes and look for any spots.

HTH

Colleen Z.

Radosti
08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh man, we even bought the mattress protector, but we moved and I am now worried that they stained it during the move somehow. I'll have DH uncover the thing and check it over and over. I know we are always putting the mattress protector on it just in case as they warned us in the store.