PDA

View Full Version : Cluelessness, stupidity or laziness, you decide...

mclianne
08-04-2006, 08:16 PM
This is Long! I'm tired of it all right now and just need to vent a little...

After taking care of 2 DD under 3 y/o today, cleaning the house, doing some needed shopping I ended up raking/sweeping up the grass clippings that DH blew onto the road as he mowed the lawn this afternoon. It was the full 1/2 acre yard's worth. (He was giving DD a ride on the tractor, with her tied to him and the blades turned off.) I then cooked supper, fed the baby, gave her a bath, and then put her down for the night. I then took a shower and went to change into my lounging around the house clothes.

Meanwhile DH has brought DD #1 upstairs and lays on the floor for 8 minutes while DD runs around her room. I come into the room and say "I guess I'm in charge of her bath too..." To which DH responds, "Well, I didn't know if she was getting a bath tonight or not..."

Hmmm, DD rode around on the tractor with you in the evening heat, she then "Helped" mommy pick up the grass clippings. She ran thru the freshly cut grass, turning her feet green. Then she ate her pasta all by herself with a few accidents and pushed her hair out of her eyes with her sticky hands several times. We have church at 9:30 am tomorrow.

I guess it might not be plainly obvious that she needs a bath...NOT!

Yes, I know I am being disrespectful to DH by writing this. I just wish that I didn't feel like I had 3 children sometimes...

edited for clarity

bcky2
08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
big (((hugs))) mama, doesnt it drive you nuts how "clueless" men seem to be. i think that most of the time they act clueless because they know we will take care of it all. i hope that your night gets better :)

Radosti
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I totally agree. DH does that as well. He must think I am stupid. So, I cut out all the thinking that he will think of something himself. If the baby needs a bath, I specifically tell him... after you are done playing, give him a bath.

One morning, he took the baby and let me sleep. I woke up with a start thinking that the baby needs breakfast and DH isn't going to feed him because I didn't tell him to. I was actually shocked that DH fed him and had no problem picking out a jar (he took one of the Earth's Best Breakfasts). Normally, the sheer amt of choice would have been the deal breaker, but this jar clearly said Breakfast and it was morning. So that made it easy.

Jenn98
08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
hee hee. I am pregnant with #2 and I have been telling DD1 that I will have a teeny tiny baby, a medium baby (her) and a big baby (DH)! hee hee. At least I find it amusing - in fact, the first time I said it he wasn't even listening to me when I was talking so he missed it altogether :)

((((hugs)))) to you for being a super mom!

deborah_r
08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
>Normally, the sheer amt of choice would have been the deal
>breaker, but this jar clearly said Breakfast and it was
>morning. So that made it easy.

This gave me a good chuckle!

kozachka
08-05-2006, 11:05 AM
If I did as much around the house as you did today, and gave bath to DD2, I would have expected DH to bathe DD1. I gave up on DH guessing what needs to be done, I just tell him what to do. Trust me I know how you feel, I joke that I have three kids too. DS, DH and our dog, with our Lab being the easiest to take care of. You have to get help, from either DS or your family or even paid help, or you'll become very resentful and plain tired.

And I am not sure how complaining about your DH in this forum is disrespectful. I think it is disrespectful to expect your spouse to do most of the work around the house on week-end as if DH (and I am talking about my DH as much as yours) does not think DW is equal to him. I have to remind DH that I am not a maid and he is a parent to DS as much as I am. Wish he remembered this himself so I did not have to nag but he is getting better as DS is getting older. Not sure how it's with two kids under three, sending lots of hugs your way.