PDA

View Full Version : Why is there never any gas when I drive?

matthewsmom
08-05-2006, 12:56 PM
This is just a pet peeve of mine. I usually drive the minivan and my DH the sedan during the week. However, during the weekends, he usually takes the minivan so that he can take DS out. So that when I do need to drive, I'll drive his sedan. Well long and behold, I take it out and once again the gas is almost empty. So I call him and ask how come he didn't add the gas. You know what he said? Well the light didn't come on yet so he didn't feel the need to add it. I hate having to add gasoline let alone in the scorching heat with a 5 1/2 month old baby. This has happened numerous times. I swear everytime I need to use his car, it's always empty and I either have to take the chance or else add the gas.

bensmom243
08-05-2006, 02:41 PM
One of the biggest fights DH and I ever had was over this same issue. My husbands excuse was that at the end of the trip he just wants to get home to his family and not waste time filling up the tank. Oh please, give me a break!

I don't have any advice for you, but I do feel your pain.

Toba
08-05-2006, 03:00 PM
LOL ... we are the exact opposite around here. I am always the one forgetting to put gas in the tank. I can't even remember the last time I went to a gas station by myself. It's gotten to the point that my extremely patient husband is always filling up my tank for me when he has my van (we don't go out very often). I'm sure my husband would feel your pain. ;)

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*