PDA

View Full Version : DH and his computer

kozachka
08-10-2006, 04:06 AM
The person who was doing billing for DH' company quit on a very short notice (e-mailed us Wednesday that Monday will be her last day at work) and I was the only person who could take billing over from her, which I did. So for the last few weeks I was learning new software and cleaning up databases, all the while staying up as late as 2-4:30 AM. No problem, sh!t happens. Apparently, in Oregon you don't need to give 2 weeks notice, it's a so called "at will state".

Last night I had to get the last batch of invoices out. These are the invoices that need to be e-mailed so I go to DH's office, which is thankfully only a block and a half from our apt. It's 1:40 AM and I've not been sleeping well for weeks. I get there, switch on DH' computer and try to use Outlook Express. It's so slow, I can't work. I delete Temporary Internet files, I defragment and clean up the hard drive. Finally I get to Outlooks Deleted Items and select them all to delete permanently. Computer crashes, I restart it several times. No wonder he has over 6,000 messages there. No this is no a typo, over six thousand deleted messages. And over 2,700 sent messages, most with attachments. G-r-r. Inbox has more than 2,500 message. I delete all but the last 500 of them, after which I can work. Over 40 mins spent fixing DH's PC in the middle of the night. And DH has a system admin in his office who could have done this for him (DH is barely computer literate) if he only asked. I get home from the office at 4:10 AM and am crabby when DH wakes me up at 8:30 AM.

Still under impression from last night I tell him how *angry* I was at him for not cleaning his e-mail boxes. DH gets upset back *at me* and pouts. Maybe not the best choice of words on my part but I've been sleep deprived for almost a month, stayed up past 4AM working for his business and my AF is about to arrive while DH went to bed at 9:30-10PM. I began to cry explaining how tired I was. At the end DH felt bad and offered to make me a cup of tea. And I offered him to learn TimeSlips. I need to take couple days off before starting on the next months (July) bills.

Whew, I did not know I had the energy to write such a long message. Thanks for letting me vent, it feels good.

LD92599
08-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Elena:

And this is all while you're at a new job yourself? Wow :-) He owes you BIG TIME!

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

kozachka
08-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I know. I am not very productive at my job right now. Need to be writing client proposal and instead I am procrastinating, posting here. Thankfully August is a slow month in Europe, a lot of people, including my boss, are on vacation. And DS is with MIL right now, otherwise I would have hit the roof much earlier. I hope DH sorts out situations with a billing person before the end of the month or I'd be in trouble at work. DH offered to take me out to dinner tonight but all I want to do is get some sleep. Pathetic.

niccig
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Instead of going out, have a bath and go to bed. DH can take care of dinner for himself.

Hope you get some rest soon.

kozachka
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Good advice. DH ended up warming food from the fridge and having dinner by himself as I was in the office working late and did not get home till 10:20 PM. We had food delivered right after 9, which was the end of my work. I did take a nice long shower and was thinking of going to bed but decided to work on the proposal some more, it has to go out tomorrow, and I am not much of a morning person.

ETA: DH even put food on plates for me so all I would have to do is pop them into microwave. DH even bought red caviar, which we both like, he more so that I but still nice touch, and prepared sandwiches with it. Gotta give DH credit when he deserves it :). Guess hard work and b!tching pay off sometime.