PDA

View Full Version : Is there a correlation between pre-treating and how much you love someone?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
My husband feels very strongly that I should be pre treating his underwear. I feel very strongly he should learn how to wipe.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

kijip
08-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Susan! It is still dinner time on the West coast :P I can see you are trying to keep me on my diet, LOL.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry Katie, I was just laughing at your post about your husband sewing his shirts. That is so cool. My husband came downstairs the other night after consuming an ungodly quantity of greasy chicken wings. I asked him what was all over his shirt. "drippins (big smile)" The next day I treated and washed the shirt twice ( at least 15 YO tee) and could not get the stains out. So I did what I do when I want something to disappear, I threw it into the diaper pail. Two days later he asks where the tee shirt is. I tell him I threw it away. Where? He goes and digs it out of the rank ,rank diaper pail. I bet your husband would never, ever do that. Oh, for a hygenic man.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

jenjenfirenjen
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
OMG, I SOOOOOOOO hear you on this one. WTF? Why can't they learn to wipe properly? Cloth dipes I can handle...DH's undies, not so much.

writermama
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
And I believe strongly in this tenet of domestic tranquility: if a man cannot learn to wipe, then he must learn to do his own laundry.

Actually, my DH does do his own laundry, so I don't know if he wipes properly or not ... and I'm very happy with not knowing.

kijip
08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Spot on! My husband would never, ever:

-Eat chicken wings (does not like meat bones)
-not immediately remove a shirt with a spot on it
-not immediately start pre-treating the shirt when he removed it.
-dig around in a diaper pail or wear anything he found in there.

However, the downside of having a hygenic bordering on prissy husband- I have to take care of toilet and sink clogs.
Not such a bad deal for me as he does most of the laundry and guess who is really good at getting out stains. You guessed it, the shirt perfectionist, LOL. Your husband has something in common with mine- shaved heads. J shaves his all the time. And your husband is a lot funnier than mine, who tends towards too serious from time to time. You must have a fun marriage!

elliput
08-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Have him install a mini-shower for good measure. ;-)

bubbaray
08-10-2006, 08:21 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me.

I don't know whether to laugh or barf.

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/fYrCm7.png

trentsmom
08-10-2006, 08:23 PM
DH has never asked me to pre-treat his underwear. I prefer it when he wears dark ones so that I don't have to see the skid marks. I bought some flushable wet wipes once, but he refused to use them. Didn't like how they made his butt feel wet. I told him he could dry himself with tp. Still didn't fly.

farleygirl
08-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Have to say, if I saw a skid I'd toss 'em in the trash. So don't need to deal with that on top of two kids in diapers. but my husband is pretty fastidious, so I haven't had to make the choice. And he even does his own laundry most of the time ... now if I could only get him to do mine at the same time.

BargainMomforLuke
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
My dad started wiping his hiney properly after I would announce in public that, "Daddy has skiddys in his undies!" (Yes, that was just last year...j/k). ;-) I always hated washing out his nasty streaked tighty whities. Thank god DH doesn't have that problem!

Teach Nick so say that in public and I'll bet DH learns how to wipe his butt properly. You may want to invest in a Costco size box of Kleenex wet wipes or the like to get him on track!

Thanks for the laugh! :-)

tarabenet
08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
This I could not handle! LOL! I have a high tolerance for so many things, but skid marks? Nuh-uh.

All I can think about is the "Sex and the City" episode where Miranda is griping about doing what's-his-name's laundry (the first time they tried living together, before she accidentally got pregnant). The one where she's complaining to Carrie in that very Miranda tone "I'm living with Skid Marks Guy!"

If my DH left marks, much less asked me to pre-treat, I have to admit I would not take it well. He'd be doin' his own laundry for sure. And he'd be takin' a shower immediately prior to *any* time he had *any* hopes of, uh, gettin' some. ;) Am I rotten?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Can't be far from "daddy booger" to "daddy got skiddys in his pants" We will get right on that, thanks!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
He does do absolutely all the cooking and watches the kids from 7-10 so I can sleep almost every morning. He cleans with the best of them. Maybe he thinks I am not holding up my end and is using the skid marks as a statement?? hmmm
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

psophia17
08-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I'd quit talking to anyone who used skidmarks as a statement.

Wife_and_mommy
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Susan, you know I love ya but I'm almost positive your dh would prefer a bald pic of himself online than this thread. I'm mortified for the guy!

Hopefully he doesn't know and will never find out......

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

jillc
08-10-2006, 10:42 PM
LOL, Susan! I'm with you on this one - the boy better learn to wipe! There's no way I'd be pre treating the underwear!

Hmm. This just made me realize that DH prefers black or navy knit boxers, as opposed to white. Now I wonder if this is why he likes the dark underwear!

Maybe your DH could switch to something non-white... ;)

Jill

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
There's a thought.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 11:34 PM
This man takes my used bras to work to distribute them, he knows no shame. He did let me take a pix of his head for you guys but I just can not make myself post it.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

Oregonmother
08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
You gals are hilarious. I am ROTFLMAO. We have a few skid marks around here too. DS always announces "look mommy, it's a skid mark" when he notices one when using the potty. We are still potty training here. There will be no pre-treating for anyone over 3 by me.

AddiesMom
08-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Pre-treating? I thought that to all men skidmarks was some type of 'badge of honor'? <kidding> I always blamed my MIL for my husbands lack of ability and knowledge of wiping wiping techniques, I guess it is a man thing. Personally, I just buy him darker colored underwear now. :P

Jo..
08-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Usually I stay out of this forum, but this thread seems harmless...

No, there is NO correlation. ZERO. ZIP. NADA.

I adore and cherish DH and would walk on fire for him, give him any of my organs, yada yada etc.

BUT: If I saw ANYTHING in his underwear I would:

1. Throw them away, I wouldn't even think twice.
2. Kick him in the nuts while and chasing him around the house and screaming at him.
3. Find a class SOMEWHERE on butt hygiene to send him to.
4. Install a mini shower and supervise to make sure he used it.

Control freak, me? Nahhh.

SheriRae
08-11-2006, 07:26 AM
THIS has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read! Thanks for the laugh and smile this morning! It's JUST what this mama needed!

BargainMomforLuke
08-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Susan, Jo got me thinking...you guys need a bidet! :-)

boolady
08-11-2006, 08:54 AM
This whole topic is fascinating to me, because I had no idea so many men wore dark colored underwear. I always thought my husband's preference for dark underwear was unusual, and when I asked him about it, he has always just said that tighty whities remind him of being a kid, and since he always wears dark pants, what's the difference? Now I know the truth....

As an aside, I also have a husband who is pretty fastidious, particularly about his appearance, but for some reason it all goes out the window when it comes to the bathroom. All of the women who work for him are always telling me how he's such a nice dresser and always looks so nice, but they've never seen the mess he leaves behind. (No pun intended). What is this phenomenon?

katiesmommy
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
As my husband is in the Navy, he is currently in whites, and I have to say I can't wait for them to get rid of the whites permanently. DH also has this little. . .um. . .problem. He swears that it just happens, it happens to all guys, and that he wipes till it bleeds. Whatever, at least he does his own laudry and I don't have to see them often. If only I could make him understand that if he's doing his own laundry anyway, he could throw in some of mine or DD's to make it a full load.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Men who can play the OSU fight song under armpits do not use bidets you silly girl!!!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

daniele_ut
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I can no longer read threads at work that have been started by Susan. My coworkers think that I am completely insane because I am in tears from laughing so hard!

Let me just add that I feel your pain!

proggoddess
08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
No, I must have white underwear, otherwise, how can I *BLEACH* them? I can't even think of not killing all those germs just waiting to multiply in my washing machine.

We have the moist bathroom wipes in our house. They do not work. I remember in high school seeing an ad in the Sunday coupons section for bathroom wipes. It said "So clean, you'll see the difference on laundry day." Eww...

I'm sleep deprived, working all day and I've seen the laundry. And DH still wants me to be romantic? HA.

cmdunn1972
08-11-2006, 08:53 PM
OMG, Susan, YOU married tire streak guy too? I thought I was the only one with this problem.

I have one word for you, darling. BLEACH! :) Lots of it. Works wonders. I swear I should own stock in Clorox. ;)

I forgot to add, DH sleeps in the nude. I can barely tolerate it. I swear that man leaves skiddies on the _sheets_! x(

Wife_and_mommy
08-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Okay. I get your point. :) I guess I'm projecting.

In that case, keep your dooky drawers and give me the baldy pic! :P

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Melanie
08-11-2006, 11:06 PM
LMAO. Thanks Susan.

cmdunn1972
08-12-2006, 03:05 AM
I totally relate. If my DH tries getting snuggly with me while he's nude in bed, I feel about as romantic as a huge wad of tp. ;)

Boy, take a shower first! Then we'll talk.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
OMG not the sheets, guess that fabric barrier, no matter how nasty, is better than nothin' eeewwwwww!!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

kijip
08-12-2006, 04:43 PM
>I forgot to add, DH sleeps in the nude. I can barely tolerate
>it. I swear that man leaves skiddies on the _sheets_! x(

Please tell me he sleeps in his own bed.

Saccade
08-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh, man, we need a puking smiley over here! You deserve some sort of laundry gold star, chica!

[FONT COLOR="#006600"]Come get wild and wooly with us!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Knitters/index.php?act=idx[FONT]

kijip
08-12-2006, 05:35 PM
>Usually I stay out of this forum, but this thread seems
>harmless...

Harmless? I've been soured on eating for 2 days! "skid marks" in underwear, on sheets? Ewwwww. I am not easily grossed out but I will never, ever bat an eye at the time my husband spends grooming in the bathroom again.

cmdunn1972
08-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh, believe me, I bleach _everything_ short of a sign in the bathroom that says, "PLEASE wipe your bum! Undies and sheets are not simply fabric tp"

I've tried wet wipes. I put them in the bathroom that he uses, hoping he would use them. Nope. Then, we "ran out" of dry tp, so that nothing but the wet wipes were available. (Actually, we had plenty of regular tp in the house, he just finds it easier to tell me that I need to fetch it rather than get it himself.) I found *gasp! gag!* DIRTY wet wipes that were put back into the box! I was horrified, of course.

Needless to say, I'm much more fastidious than DH. I also sleep with my clothes on, and we don't snuggle in bed (fine by me). Sex? Nuh uh. (Okay, maybe immediately after a shower.)

cmdunn1972
08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
To his credit, DH hasn't sold my bras on eBay or to coworkers. :P

cmdunn1972
08-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Only when he leaves town, which is a lot. When he is around, he stays on his side and I stay on mine.

I bleach the h-e-l-l out of the sheets, too. At least 2 cups at least once per week (whenever I notice anything even resembling skiddies). I refuse to buy sheets that aren't white.

MarisaSF
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
>Only when he leaves town, which is a lot.

Do you think he does the same at hotels? I *knew* it was a good thing to bring my own sleep sack while traveling!

AngelaS
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
This was NOT the thread to open a day after abdominal surgery. I am in PAIN!!

Dh likes to quote his former boss on this issue: "yellow in the front, brown in the back". :puke:

cmdunn1972
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, most of his travels are overseas to Calcutta, so unless you're there often, you may not have much to worry about from him. ;)