PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever bought something that now "mocks" you??

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
No idea what actually made me think I would ever do the step workout called The Firm but I bought the whole deluxe tape set and this nasty huge plastic step. Nick pulls it out from under the bed everyday when he is ready for his 1/2 hour of tv. (sits on it to watch). Swear I can hear it taunting me.
Also, the gravy boat that has never been taken out of the box. It very clearly says" You never even cooked a turkey, why did you ever think you'd get around to the trimmins, fool??"
Oh and if anyone wants the firm tapes I will gladly send them to you as my personal gift, really, just pm me. You will have to get your own nasty step.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

mariza
08-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Ditto on the "Firm" set (I actually dished out for DVD's - hangs head in shame!) They are in the van right now with 2 plastic bags full of DVD's that are going to the used DVD store in an attempt to sell!
My $400 video iPod is sitting on the bookcase mocking me as I type. I begged DH for it for Christmas and DD (11 months then) found it and decided to use it as a teether and scratched it all up. To this day she is the only one who has gotten any use out of it!
I never seem to have time to figure out how to use the darn thing.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

kijip
08-11-2006, 12:01 AM
A pair of shoes I SWEAR fit in the store but are really too tight and I wore them outside for about an hour before realizing this. I gaze at them and think "man those are CUTE shoes" and then reality kicks in "but YOU can't wear them, neener neener, neener!!!"

I need to donate them to that place that takes business dress donations for women getting a fresh start or something because they are too cute to waste and its not like my feet are getting any smaller.

oliviasmomma
08-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Scrapbooking supplies I bought with the intent to create DD's baby book. Five pages and a year leter, I wish I'd just spent 20 bucks ona fill in the blank book. Even if I didn't fill it in, at least it doesn't take up space!

I don't even like to wrap presents--whatever made me spend money on glue, scissors, templates and cute paper?

RwnMayfair
08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
I definitely have some exercise DVDs around here that do that. Now granted, the ones that mock me are the ones I don't like anyway, but still. ;) A few of the ones I used to like have mocked me since I had kids, and I do actually have a couple that I use sometimes. ;)

My huge box of cross-stitch supplies sometimes mocks me as well, simply because I'm not getting nearly as much done with it as I'd like to. And whenever I unearth a piece of clothing bought with the intention of the children wearing it but it got "lost" before that happened, it mocks me. Luckily, that doesn't happen too often, but every now and then...

-Melissa

Taran, November 20
Elowen, August 20

http://lilypie.com/pic/060524/WClp.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/ddVzm4/.png
http://lilypie.com/pic/060524/flZ8.jpg http://b1.lilypie.com/KqMam4/.png

sidmand
08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, I just sold one of mine on swap--cloth diapers. They're very cute and a great idea, but I should've known myself better than to think I'd ever do laundry enough to keep up with diapers too.

I know how easy it *should* be. I also know that many people keep a much cleaner house and cook better and more often than I do too!

I got rid of the Pilates machine a long time ago. Never watch QVC at 3:00 a.m. with nothing better to do. I think I used that all of once. Ah well. I'd say live and learn, but I know I'll have many things down the road that I won't use either!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

alleyoop
08-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Knitting needles, books and lots of yarn. When will I EVER have the time to learn?

dules
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
You mean that laundry rack in my bedroom is actually an elliptical trainer???? ;)

Best,
Mary

kelly ann
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh gosh, you just reminded me of the plastic box under the guest bed filled with scrapbooking supplies. However, I did zero pages! The sad thing a friend offered to take some of the supplies from me a few years ago and I said no...that I was going to get started on the scrapbooks right away.

boolady
08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Every morning when I go into my underwear drawer I am mocked by a lacy yet tasteful collection of thongs purchased during my husband and my dating years. Suffice it to say that in the past 2-21/2 years, the only thing I could have used them for is dental floss. Maybe someday...

cmdunn1972
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I got a pair of really cute shoes (while honeymooning in Brazil) that look great -- in my closet. Turns out, they are really, horribly uncomfortable leather sandals. Leather thong flats with this metal detail on the top of the foot that has no give while walking.

Susan, can I trade you "The Firm" for my sandals? LOL Maybe you can sell them on eBay.

jesseandgrace
08-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Well my FIRM set is not mocking me as I have never taken it out of the box :).

madelinesmom
08-11-2006, 11:58 PM
My precious PJ's I bought pre children. The little nightgowns, silky short and cami sets, you know the ones, the ones that look like crap now that your boobs go down to your waist post baby and breastfeeding. I don't know why I have them, maybe I am waiting for my boob job/tummy tuck/hip liposuction that I will get after I stop dressing my DD's within an inch of their lives.

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

hwin708
08-12-2006, 04:35 PM
You can get shoes stretched. It costs around $8-15.

My wide-footed self has to do it all the time.

kijip
08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
>You can get shoes stretched. It costs around $8-15.
>
>My wide-footed self has to do it all the time.

Already have with this pair. No tamale. :( But that is a great tip in general!

I swear my feet were magically smaller when I bought them!

Smiles81
08-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Double ditto on that firm set!!

Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04 and Ahuva 6/19/06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
The first time I tried it I fell off the step, that was pretty much it. Seriously if anyone wants them pm me. They are dvds not tapes as I had said, I would much rather have them laughing at you than me.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

BaileyBea
08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Hummmm

These things haunted me so much I had to sell them recently at a Garage Sale:
* Buns of Steel (the collection - never opened)
* Billy Blanks - Kick Boxing videos
* Aerobics steps
* A set of Square Two Lady's Golf Clubs

Things that haunt me now mostly baby items:
* That Baby Christian Dior outfit that DS never wore... I won't tell you how much I paid for it.
* All the winter clothes I bought for DS last year that he never wore because it was too hot. Lesson learned.. he only gets 2 sweaters this year. Not the 6 I bought the year before.
* The new Keedo Nap Mat that DS can't use at MDO because it doesn't have a built in blanket. ARGH! I had to go buy another one. DH is going to be mad.
* This silly Fisher Price kick-toy I had to have that DS never liked.
* Those Vera Wang Crystal Wine glasses I just had to have complete sets of the white wine, red wine, tea, and water glasses. Why oh why could I just not be happy w/the Water and one set of the Wine. They take up so much storage space now and never get used.

tiapam
08-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I have a beautiful blazer from Lands End that is too big. And I took the tags off so I could wear it for work - when I was playing a man in a skit! And now I have no reason to take it in because I have nowhere to wear it.

Honestly, a large percentage of my wardrobe mocks me. But I don't hear it, because they are all in a pile in my closet.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

jasmine_bay
08-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Four years ago I bought a pair of strappy Ann Taylor sandals just like the kind that my sister wears that makes her feet look uber-sexy... unfortunately she has nice petite feet while mine are extra wide. So they've been sitting in the closet for the past 4 years unworn. I keep telling myself when I lose weight, I'd be able to wear them... I'm still waiting.

casey0729
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I certainly do. My Slim in 6 DVD has turned into Slim in 166 and counting. I can hear the creator of it laughing at me all the way to the bank.