PDA

View Full Version : If you have a flight booked with Delta....

AddiesMom
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
If you have a flight booked with Delta check your itenary. I am going to San Francisco in less than a month and they have changed my flight more than SIX times since January. We are now less than a month away and they changed it again! One time they changed it they had my connection leaving 90 minutes before I landed, shouldn't the computer catch something like that? So now I have to be at the aiport at 7am... I live over an hour away, the $15 billion tunnel I take to get to the airport is closed since it is a death trap so now I am going to have to leave at about 3:30am! I should just put DD asleep in the car the night before <sarcasm>! And it seems like Delta is making sudden changes system wide so check your itenary.... my parents are flying Boston to Ft Lauderdale in October and my Mom logged on to check her hers. They moved up her flight FOUR HOURS and never called or e-mailed her! Now both of them have to take another day off from work to make a 3:30 flight instead of a 7:30pm flight!

I think there should be a rule. If Delta charges me to change my flight, then I should get a credit in the same amount for everytime they change mine!!!!

Momof3Labs
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I hate to say it, but that happens with any airline.

In your parents' case, they could call and demand to be put on a later flight or one the next morning (due to having to take extra time off of work); Delta will probably do it for them.

You should also be able to get your flight changed from 7am if you call. I believe that if they change it by more than a couple of hours, they will move you around but only if you ask. The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Good luck!

tarabenet
08-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Quote:
I think there should be a rule. If Delta charges me to change my flight, then I should get a credit in the same amount for everytime they change mine!!!!
Endquote

I agree! It sounds fair to me. Of course it'll never happen, but it would be the right way to do things.

AddiesMom
08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh I know they will change the flights, my husband flies on about 48 round trip flights with them a year and has a Delta Crown Room membership that his work pays for. Of the 6 times they changed our flight we ended up changing some of them even more. One time they changed it we had a connection that took off 90 minutes before we landed. Then they had us land in Atlanta in the evening and take the first flight out in the morning as our connection. No way! My parents can take a later flight when they were supposed to leave but it is not non-stop and all of the connections stink. They treat customers like crap and no wonder why they are losing money. If my Mom didn't check her itenary on-line she would have never of known her flight changed.

jgriffin
08-15-2006, 01:59 PM
I hear ya! We flew Delta from California to Iowa earlier this summer. First they changed our first leg, so it arrived after the second one left. Then they changed our connection so we'd be flying through Atlanta, instead of Salt Lake City. WTF??? I know it's their hub, but I really wasn't interested in flying *over* my final destination and back again. I managed to get it changed back to SLC (with working connections), but only by loping a day off our vacation.

Delta is still on our list of acceptable airlines, but they're pushing it. I'm getting close to JetBlue or nothing. :)