PDA

View Full Version : Why is it always the mom's fault when your kid falls?!?!

SpaceGal
08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Ugh I think sometimes DH is so freakin' stupid.

A quick rundown of the day.

This morning DS is chasing the cat around on the bed...nothing I really liked him doing but I'm super groggy and tired and just keep my eye on him. Of course he takes a tumble of the side and all in all he's fine.

Later this evening after DS has a bath....he's running around playing tag. Of course DS runs faster than his legs can take him and he takes a dive into the nightstand. This time around he's screaming in pain. I looked at where he hit his head and I think it just the sound of the crash of the nightstand door that startled him. Well once he settles down I look at his forehead and well low and behold there's a nice cut...nothing deep just surface from the looks of it. I run and clean it with peroxide and slap some neosporin and a bandaid on it, am slighty concerned about tetanus but will call the doctor first thing in the morning about that.

Well once DS calms down he's back to crawling around the bed...and crawls over to where DH's legs are and he's very close to the edge. Well you know I figure he's next to DH so Dh has him...but no DH freakin' yells at me and tells me "Get him will you!! You already let him fall once today you want him to do it again!"

Dude at this point I'm fuming but it's late and I really don't have the energy to start something at that hour much less I'm already not feeling well to begin with. All I say is he was by you and you can't get him...DH has the freakin' nerve to tell me "The cat is lying next to me I can't get DS." I'm like WTF!!! I mean you're choosing the cat who lands on all fours with the reaction time of what a nanosecond over your son who runs a mile a minutes and doesn't look where he's going! UGH!

All I can say is what is with husbands!! Seriously it's not the first time to be blamed for a fall or hit or to hear about others moms dealling with similar issues but man I'm annoyed.

It's like I'm supposed to be super mom all the time...without a single break ever...even when the kid is on your "turf".

ribbit1019
08-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh yeah, I hear you mama!

I had a required to be supermom moment tonight (or actually an hour) while DH sat downstairs and watched TV and updated his website. The website I don't mind the TV I do.

Hugs!!!

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/172x/6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

JTsMom
08-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Dayle, what the heck are you thinking letting your child run and play?!?! Don't you know he should be sitting in a bubble?!? ;)

Men can be so clueless and self centered! I know exactly what you're talking about. My favorite is when DH will do one small thing- like the dishes- and he wants a ticker tape parade for it. Gee hon, I've done the dishes 3 times today, and you didn't even notice! You're my hero!!!

Lynnie
08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I hear you.

proggoddess
08-17-2006, 10:14 AM
My mother wanted to give us a harness with a leash for DD so that "in case she starts to fall, we can yank her back up before she gets hurt." HUH?! Anyway, DD wouldn't sit still for my mom to try the leash on so we didn't take it. (As good an excuse as any!)

My father, who is usually reasonable, sort of agreed with her. "You should hold her hand all the time in case she falls."

While I was on maternity leave with DS, my father stopped by to help out. I told him to walk with DD to the mailbox down the street and drop off some outgoing bills. When they got back, DD sat down on the floor and I noticed a dark stain on the knee of her pants. "What's that, mud?" I ask. I lift up the pants and DD has skinned her knee in a huge area. I look at my father and he says "Oh, she tripped and fell on the sidewalk, but I didn't think she skinned her knee because she was wearing pants." I said "See? She falls! It doesn't matter if you are holding her hand or have her in a leash!" I jokingly added "And it happened on your watch."