PDA

View Full Version : STOP WAKING ME UP !!

Lynnie
08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Dear DH,

As a mom, I am used to being woken up occasionally by the kids. I am able to sleepwalk in, check on them and immediately go back to sleep. So when the 2 year old cries at 3 am and I see you and ask you to check on him, that does not mean I want you to come back and start talking to me about the house. I asked you to go because I am exhausted and need my sleep, and thought it would be an added bonus not to have to get up and walk to the next room. I don't want to have a discussion. I want to sleep. I have a full time job and need to be there by 8, and also have to deal with getting the kids ready and taking them to school in the am. Plus, I was dealing with them alone the last several nights in a strange place.

Then, when you figure out that I do not want to discuss the progress on the house, don't keep talking. And then DON'T try to get romantic. If I am not up for talking, it is likely I am not up for any other activity. Then don't keep bothering me until it is nearly 4 and I am so overtired I can't fall back to sleep.

I am sorry you have insomnia, but you need to stop waking me up, too.

GRRRRRRRRR.

denna
08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I hear you. Sometimes they just dont get it. Hope you get more sleep soon....

Melanie
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Oh geez. Maybe wrap him up a package of Sominex for a gift.

The other AM while Dh was showering, Ds woke up. So I drug myself into his room to lay down with him while he waited for Dh (Ds' choice...they've got their mornign routine). Then Dh comes in and wakes me up so I drag myself back to our bed and lay down next to Dd. I can sort of get this as he probably thought that they might not hear Dd if she woke up and would then crawl off the bed. So THEN Dh actually comes back in our room and WOKE me up to say, "I'm going to be waking you up in 20 minutes." x( No, they really don't get it.

saschalicks
08-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Although that's frustrating I have the opposite problem. It takes a nuclear bomb to wake DH. When it's his turn to get the baby, I have practically throw him out of bed before he wakes up. He hears NOTHING!!!! Believe me my DH knows not to bother me with romance while I'm sleeping, he'd get a swift kick in the behind.

Sorry your DH doesn't *get it*.

tarynsmum
08-18-2006, 11:50 AM
My DH does this all the time! Saturday mornings (the only day that I *might* get to sleep in), he comes into our room and wakes me up to ask "what time do you want me to wake you up?" Does that make any sense???

Rachels
08-19-2006, 11:07 AM
And as a PS to this, everybody stop waking the baby up! Just stop it!

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

cmdunn1972
08-22-2006, 02:05 PM
My DH actually wears earplugs to bed so that he doesn't get woken up. One day recently, when I was sick with a UTI, he took ambien. Sure enough, DS woke up in the middle of the night that night. I kicked DH out of bed anyway since I was sick, but he had an ambien hallucination so I had to drag my sick self out of bed to settle DS.

The only reason I cut him slack at all is because he gets up every weekday morning at 4:30 to go to work. Needless to say, though, I told him to cut out the ambien unless he really needed it.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-22-2006, 06:36 PM
And quit waking me up with that thing poking me in my back hasn't worked in the seven years we have known each other . Take the hint.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06