PDA

View Full Version : The poop monster strikes again!

katiesmommy
08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
That's right, my DD has once again gotten her diaper off and spread poop all over her bed. I don't know what to do with her. I've tried everything, and just when I think she's outgrowing it because she's been really good, she does it again. At least this time it wasn't all over her hands and her mouth. And darn it, if she wasn't so danged cute all the time it would be much easier to punish her. Thanks for listening to me complain.

mamaturk
08-20-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure what you have tried already but my DD used to do the same thing. We finally won by putting her in her hanna zippers backwards. She could get out of everything else we tried, even other brands of zipper pj's. Good Luck!!!!

wilelm
08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
When Miriam started doing that we bought some cloth diaper safety pins and pinned her zip-ups with them.

Sheila

Jenn98
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
My mom loves to tell the story about how I loved to be naked so much as a kid that she had to put me to bed in overalls that were pinned shut from the inside so I wouldn't rip my diaper off. I don't think I was smearing poo (I'm *sure* she would have included that in the story if it were part of it!) but I would just shred my diapers to get them off. If you haven't already tried it, I do suggest putting her in her pj's backwards so she can't unzip them. I'm so sorry you have ot deal with this!!! Cleaning up poo is never any fun.

HHCs Mom
08-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Ditto this!!! Harrison ONLY wears HA zippers and we put them on backwards (they're footless in case you don't own any). They go on great backwards and he can't reach the zipper to get out. All of his 2 piece jammies are in his closet, unworn.
Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-20-2006, 09:02 PM
My dd tried that once and ever since we would always have her in a onsie at sleep time that was very snug (too small) on her...when we went in to get her, she was always naked, but that onsie and diaper were still on!

katiesmommy
08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
When she goes to be at night I put her in backwards zip-ups that I have cut the feet off of. She can't get out of those, unfortunetly this is always happening when we get home from being out and she's so tired that we just put her straight to bed.

katiesmommy
08-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I was doing that until the first time when she got the onesie off. I still don't know how she managed to do it. I thought it was a fluke until the second time when she reached up the leg of the onesie and pulled the tabs loose, that one was very interessting.

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Where is Susans husband when you need him? Have you tried duct tape? LOL
So sorry!

katiesmommy
08-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, and it seems to keep her away from the tabs, however it has worked it's way onto the skin on her legs, and it hurts her to pull it off. Therefore, if I don't have to do it, I don't. It happened a couple of times, now she screams everytime she sees the duct tape.

niccig
08-21-2006, 12:09 PM
We put the diaper on backwards, or put a cloth cover on backwards. You could also try a backward AND inside out zipper. You'll have to reach down inside to get to the zipper to do it up, but she shouldn't be able to reach it.

I thought DS was getting better, so I didn't put anything on backwards, but no he was just faking me out. Thankfully, he just peed this time. Something has to be on backwards for him.

Nicci

tiapam
08-21-2006, 01:11 PM
If you put two diapers on, maybe she would just take the one off. But probably not.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

ColorBlue
08-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh been there done that! And when it seemed like she finally outgrew it ...bam! Another poopfest! Picture me pregnant with twins cleaning up poop and then throwing up from the smell and then peeing myself because I was throwing up so hard! And then repeat.....and repeat.....and repeat and repeat!!!

Here is what we did, any type of pajamas that zipper and have no feet on backwards over a diaper on backwards! Every time she went in her crib...even naps...especially naps because that was when she pooped!

The thing is you have to put the pjs on backwards every single time, because trust me she will do it the one day you don't. I went out and bought gap pajamas because most of them don't have feet.

Hope this helps!