PDA

View Full Version : A litany of complaints from a tired mother

buddyleebaby
08-21-2006, 05:44 AM
1. My friend. My stupid, stupid friend.
I am so sick of him engaging in self-destructive behavior that one would expect from a fifteen year old, and a reckless, ignorant fifteen year old at that. You're in your mid-twenties dude, GROW UP. He always learns his lesson after a scare (and thank God they have only been scares so far) and then goes back to the same behavior alittle while later. And then we get the call asking for advice or diagnosis. It is especially annoying because I know in his case it is not ignorance, just plain stupidity.
2. My dh
So we are rearranging the closet to try and make more room and my dh is pissy the whole time. Finally I say, "I don't understand why you're mad, babies need stuff, I can't help that." His reply is that we have a whole lot of crap in there that we don't need. I ask him to name one thing of MINE in that closet that we don't need. "The box of pictures" he says. You mean dd's baby pictures? He goes on to argue that I shoudl not get them developed I should just put them on CD. Um, no, I don't a CD. I want prints of my child, thank you very much.
And so does your mother and my mother and all her aunts, etc. Somehow I don;t think my one box of pictures takes up as much room as your four guitars, keyboard, snare drum, and bagpipes. Dork.
3. DD's sleep issues
I am really at the end of my rope and I don;t know what to do anymore. I have sought out advice sooo many times and it never seems to get better. Last week, she woke up on Thursday and Friday morning at 3am (after already waking to nurse twice) and would not go back to sleep. She finally nodded off again at about seven. So I braced myself for the next night. Over the weekend, when my dh would actually be home to help in the early am if I needed it, when we had nowhere to go and no particular time we had to be up, she slept like an angel. So I thought whatever was bothering her was resolved. NOPE.
Last night she got up at a quarter to four and we are still up now. I have had about a half hour of sleep. I just don;t get it. She went to bed late and didn;t sleep well, why is she awake? I have been soooo careful to make sure that her schedule remains the same even on weekends, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
4. My sleep issues
Of course, all of this would be better if I could actually fall asleep. I lay in bed, night after night, exhausted and unable to sleep. I didn't even try until past 1:30 last night and then I just LAY there until dd woke up to nurse or I had to use the bathroom (again). I wish I could be more like my dh, who can sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. Actually, he doesn't even need a pillow.
5. DD and my breasts
Why, why, why dos she have to touch them ALL THE TIME. I end up arm wrestling her to keep her from tweaking my very sore nips as she nurses.
6. The things I think about
So my cousin had a baby 14 weeks premature and she is having a rough time. She stops breathing a lot and is on a feeding tube. She is totally blind and has a hole in her heart. She has had five transfusions and she is only three weeks old. She keeps losing weight.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around, since my baby is technically older than her, and yet my baby is not yet born. And yet, of all things to think about, what do I choose? I keep wondering what they use for diapers on babies that small. Do hospitals have special preemie ones? It annoys me that that's where my mind goes.
7. My MIL
She keeps calling to come visit. I do not want to visit. I want to be left alone. Take the hint.
8. My house
My house, with the exception of the bathroom and the kitchen, is a mess, and I JUST cleaned it. There is stuff everywhere. This annoys me.
That's enough for now. I feel a little better.

elliput
08-21-2006, 07:18 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}}} :-)

tarynsmum
08-21-2006, 07:36 AM
{{{HUGS}}}

I feel for you Alicia. I don't really have any advice or anything for you, besides empathy. If you want, you can try my mantra (said over and over as DD nurses to sleep for the 5th time in one night, usually about 3:00 am): "She has to sleep eventually. Eventually, she'll sleep longer." Seriously, I say it over and over (mostly so I don't fall asleep and fall over ;)).

Oh,and by the way, yeah Pampers makes Preemie swaddlers. They are teeny tiny. Just so you can stop thinking about it (but you'll probably think of something else anyway) :)

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi Alicia,

I am sorry! It is so hard to be at the end of preggohood, be so tired, need a break, and have a lil one to take care of.
FWIW, my DD really just started sleeping at 13-14 months. Up until that point baby girl did not sleep. Ever. I was emotionally exhausted. No wise words on how she started to sleep, it just happened. And the scary thing is, it could stop.
I feel for you as far as the reorganization goes. I have that going on too. We are trying to make a new room for Liv, it has me crying at every turn.
My house is never clean, and laundry is never done.
Big hugs Mama, you are not alone!

Zana
08-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Lots of hugs Alicia! I'm sorry about your friend and your cousins poor little baby, and I totally understand about messy houses, annoying DHs and sitting up at night worrying about totally random things! You are not alone!!

proggoddess
08-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Tell your MIL she can come visit, but only if she takes the night shift. Tell her you're serious. Either she'll leave you alone, or your DD will leave you alone for a couple of nights while MIL is there. :)

Hope things get better for you!

JTsMom
08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Half the time when I read your posts, I think wow, our kids are alike! They seem to go through stages at about the same time. I can totally relate to #'s 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and ESPECIALLY 5!!!! What is up with that? It's making me nuts! I secretly fantasize about weaning just because of that.

At least you know you're not alone. :)

Sending good vibes out to your cousin and her baby. I can't say I've been there on most of her issues, but if she ever needs another heart mom to talk to, please tell her to feel free to contact me.

Hang in there.

ribbit1019
08-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Big hugs mama!!!! I hope that you are having a better day today!

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/172x/6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

buddyleebaby
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks, everybody for the hugs and kind words.
Today is a much better day. Actually yesterday was not such a bad day once I got to take a nap. ; )

buddyleebaby
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
ESPECIALLY 5!!!! What is up with that? It's making me nuts! I secretly fantasize about weaning just because of that.

Lori, here's hoping they grow out of it soon!

kozachka
08-22-2006, 05:43 PM
They do grow out of it, they really do. Eventually it sinks in that when mom tells you not to touch her nipples, otherwise she'll stop nursing you, and you touch them anyway, mom does stops nursing, but it's OK to put you hand on them. It's OK to put limits, and our DC are smart enough to figure out when we really mean limits and when not. I did not figure it out until certain DS nursing habits got me to the point of picking up a book on gentle weaning and I read it there. We nursed for another 9 months or so from that point.

overcome
08-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Alicia
I could have written the same post for #2, 3, 4, 8. Honestly.

I really feel like I am about to go over the edge w/sleep issues. It's nice, in a twisted way, to know someone else is as miserable as me, but it sure sucks for us. Intellectly I know she eventually has to get into some predictable sleep pattern, but emotionally I feel like it is hopeless.

Being a mommy is so challenging.

Big hugs to you.

Wife_and_mommy
08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Hugs to you. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png