PDA

View Full Version : My mom sprayed bug spray all over my shoes.

lisams
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
We were outside and I had taken my shoes off. Some ants had started crawling all over them, so while I was watching Emma in the pool she went and sprayed them with some bug spray - not just a little but like all over, inside and out. So I guess I'll be shopping for a new pair of tennis shoes because there is no way I'm wearing them now.

I love my mom, and appreciate her so much but this irritated me. First of all you shouldn't be spraying bug spray around children or pregnant women, and second of all you just don't spray things that you will be wearing. I could have just tapped my shoes on the ground and the ants would have come off.

Oh well.

tiapam
08-21-2006, 01:01 PM
This sounds like something my mom would do and then she would say she was just trying to help and I should be grateful. You have my sympathy.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Do you like shopping?

If you do,,,,,YAY! If you don't (I DREAD it) sorry!!!!!

lisams
08-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Normally I do, but I have a huge list of things I need to get since I'm in that stage where regular clothes don't fit and maternity clothes look goofy on me. So now I need some comfy pants, roomy shirts, new undies, new bras, and now SHOES!! Just thinking about shopping for all of that makes me tired, lol!

I suppose it'll be nice to have some new shoes, at least I keep telling myself that ;-)

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh Lisa,

Sorry! I am lucky (or not depending how you look at it) to be able to wear my regular clothes still. Not my pre-preggo clothes from before Liv, the clothes I bought after Liv. So they are still one size bigger than pre-preggo Liv, but they do still fit. I always buy Victoria secret bikini for pregnancy...but since i was just preggo (practically) I still have plenty. Have you checked out gap or old navy on line? When I finally do, I will go there cause you can return to a store. I really dread shopping.
Good Luck,,,,