PDA

View Full Version : I've been BANNED!........

mldflygirl
08-27-2006, 02:58 PM
.... from returning anything else without a receipt to Wal-Mart!!! Apparently you can only have 4 or 5 returns in a certain time period.

What's really SAD/ANNOYING, is that:

1) I spend a TON of money there because we live about a mile away from a Super Wal-Mart, which is where I buy a lot of groceries & almost all household items of any kind

2) All the things I returned were duplicate baby shower gifts, so I had a pretty legitimate reason for the returns!! (We REALLY didn't need 13 hooded towels, 10 bottles of baby wash, 40 newborn-size onesies.... you get the picture... and I'm not overexaggerating with those numbers!)

I was even pretty meticulous about making sure that the items I returned were from Wal-Mart & not from another store. :( It just makes me sad. It's not like they look at your ID when you BUY things, so they could say "This person returned $75 worth of stuff this year, but she spent $2,000". Oh well........

spanannie
08-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Target has the same policy now; I believe it's only 4 non-receipt returns per year.

DebbieJ
08-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me at Target.

If only everyone would include gift receipts!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

AddiesMom
08-28-2006, 05:57 AM
My Target told me 2 per year, oh excuse me it was the obnoxious 17 year old with an attitude problem behind the counter at Target told me 2 per year. Same here... tons of shower gifts with no receipt. I was not even returning, I was exchanging a Baby Einstein video for a different BE title.

Ironically a few weeks ago I went to Target to exchange size 3 cruisers for size 4. I couldn't find the receipt so handed her my Visa so she could look up the receipt. She couldn't be bothered and just switched the diaper packs. I guess next time I have a return I will have to wait until that woman is working!

KBecks
08-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Sorry to hear it. Try to find a special spot to keep receipts in your house and/or purse/wallet, and then you won't have to worry so much about it.

mldflygirl
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
I didn't know about Target. Think I've had 3 returns there, so I might be out of luck there too! Like the PP said, why don't people include gift receipts??? I'd estimate only 5% of our gifts included gift receipts, and almost all of them were items from our registry that we actually did want.

Radosti
08-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I had my receipt ready when I left for TRU to return something. However, the receipt stayed where I prominently placed it (so I wouldn't forget it). The drive to TRU is 20 minutes, so the girl took pity on me and looked up my receipt using my credit card. I was glad.

dms619
08-28-2006, 09:08 PM
BRU has a policy similar to that......some "magic" number in their system (I thinks it $750) and if you reach it you can't return w/o a receipt. I ret'd 2 Britax DC's after my shower because I wanted the new pattern. Now, I need my mom or DH to do a return if I don't have the receipt.

Debbie
Mommy to sweet baby Katie