PDA

View Full Version : Boscov's Bitch that turned into a semi-rave

DeeEast
08-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I've been in the market for a recumbent exercise bike. We found one we liked at Boscov's (a department store like Macy's here in Pennsylvania) and the closest store (22 miles away) didn't have it in stock. So we drove to a store 40 miles away with the 3 kids to get a look at it. While we were there the saleperson was trying to be very helpful and we ended up buying it there even though we had to pay higher tax (Alleghany county charges 7% versus the state charge of 6%). It ended up taking them 45 minutes to check us out because it was the opening day of the store and the computers were all whacked! Well at first they wanted to charge us $50 delivery fee but on-line it said the delivery fee was $40 so they sold it to us for the $40 delivery fee and promised to call us yesterday to arrange delivery.

Cut to today. No call yesterday and DH emails them. We receive a curt email from Boscov's customer service telling us that they will NOT be delivering our bike and that it has to be "transferred" to the closer store and in fact won't be delivered for a week or more. WTF? So why did we drive the 40 miles for 3 kids and have them promise us that they would deliver it? We could have bought it from their on-line site for a lot less hassle. The manager was to call us back and never did. So DH called again and still never got a call back. So DH emails the head of the company with the story. A few minutes later we get a call from the manager who had never called us back and he basically said he was sorry but that there was nothing he could do.

So we told him to cancel the sale and that he lost two good customers. About 15 minutes later he called back and said that he had arranged to have some of the guys in the sporting goods department personally drive it up here on Thursday. Ok, that's all we wanted in the first place so we're happy.

tarynsmum
08-29-2006, 08:09 PM
How did you enjoy crazy Monroeville Mall? We were there (except we only live 15 minutes away! lol) too, since we forgot it was crazy opening weekend. We were there on Sunday too, when they were doing auditions for Pittsburgh Idol, which, coincidentally, is 100 times worse than American Idol, as there is a MUCH smaller pool of candidates. I heard "My Heart Will Go On", Celine Dion style, about 20 times. Fun Fun.

I'm glad you at least ended up with what you wanted. It sucks having to go through all the hassle. Are you all from Butler? That's the only other Boscov's I can think of.

I hate Boscov's, BTW, I wish we could've gotten the Nordstrom's like Ross Park Mall (they get all the good stuff!)

DeeEast
08-29-2006, 08:32 PM
No, we're from Indiana County so the nearest Boscov's is Johnstown. I actually really like Boscov's because it has a lot of things that other stores don't get. We were there on Saturday for the "Grand Opening" and it was INSANE!