PDA

View Full Version : Neil Diamond and other songs stuck in my head

cmdunn1972
08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I've got "Forever in Blue Jeans" stuck in my head for some reason and it won't leave! I found myself singing it in the shower this morning. What's really sad is that I haven't even heard that song for about 20 years.

Off to go try to drown it out with another endless round of Jimmy Buffett's "Cheeseburger in Paradise", courtesy of DS, who loves that song.

What godawful song is stuck in your head right now?

boolady
08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, until I read your post, nothing. Now that I've read your post, "Sweet Caroline," which isn't really a bad song, but will be in my head for the next 24-48 hours. Thanks for sharing!! :)

cmdunn1972
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe this will help:

Wasting away again in Margaritaville.... ;)

boolady
08-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I think it's me. Something's gone terribly wrong, because now the tune I can't get out of my head is "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul. This is not going well at all.

kedss
08-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys, if my in laws weren't here, I'd put on my Lyle Lovett albums again to drown out the various songs running through my head!
:)

PS anybody got any albums/songs that will drive in laws out of my house?
Eta...yes, sorta like the Pied Piper leading rats out?

cmdunn1972
08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh NO!

I had that album on cassette back in the day. Of course, about the same time I was also a fan of New Kids on the Block. :)

buddyleebaby
08-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I have that song by the lady formerly of the black eyed peas, I don"t even know her name....

But it goes: Why is it everytime you come around my london. london bridge keeps falling down?

It's horrible, and it explains why I rarely listen to the radio. I have no idea wth she's talking about.

cmdunn1972
08-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Kate, I'm not sure what your ILs taste in music consists of, but if you want them to run screaming you can always try almost anything by Metallica or AC/DC. "Back in Black" anyone? ;)

LOL, but seriously...

Do they like opera? Maybe Wagner's "Die Ring". Get all four parts so that they're out of your hair for about a day. Then let DH babysit while you get a mani/pedi. (Or is that asking too much?) ;)

cmdunn1972
08-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Nor do I. In fact, that line is leaving me rather confused...

tarynsmum
08-31-2006, 08:05 AM
Fergie. I've never actually heard the song, but I've seen it referenced (I think on PITNB).

It sounds silly.

Moneypenny
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
At a previous job I had, my work phone number accidentally got published on the web as the number to call for ticket info for a Neil Diamond concert. I was terribly confused when all of a sudden one day I was getting all sorts of phone calls from very excited women asking for front row tickets to Neil Diamond. One women even said she didn't care if it was front row, but it had to be close enough so she could throw her panties at him. (Please note: I say underwear, not panties, so please don't attribute the use of the word panties to me, LOL. Thank you.)

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]

buddyleebaby
08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Found it online. here's the chorus:

How come every time you come around
My London London Bridge wanna go down
Like London London London
Wanna go down like
London London London
Be going down like

How come every time you come around
My London London Bridge wanna go down
Like London London London
Wanna go down like
London London London
Be going down like

Is that not the WORST song to have stuck in your head? Although after reading this thread I've been singing Tonight by NKOTB, which is not much better.

cmdunn1972
08-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Uh oh, I think I started something! :P

So, were you a NKOTB fan during the '80s too? I'm ashamed to admit that 1) I thought Marky Mark was cute and 2) I saw them in concert once. (Am I dating myself yet?)

I have since had the good sense to lose any NKOTB albums that I might have had.

cmdunn1972
08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Speaking of throwing underthings at performers at concerts, that happened once at a concert I attended while in college. That's not so unusual except the performer was Melissa Etheridge, the "underthing" was a bra, and the concert was to promote her "coming out" album, "Yes I Am"! :)

She took the implied offer rather gracefully, I might add. :)

buddyleebaby
08-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Sigh,yes.
I didn't have a crush on any of them though.

I thought Vanilla Ice was cute, and I STILL like Ice, Ice Baby.

cmdunn1972
08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
LOL I wonder how many people would admit they were NKOTB fans if we asked? ;)

As far as Vanilla Ice goes, I was never really impressed with him. I still think he ripped the background from his song off of "Tainted Love", no matter how much he argued to the contrary.

Admittedly, as critical as I was of Vanilla Ice, I did like M. C. Hammer. Lord only knows why. ;)

saschalicks
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
I heart Joe McIntyre. I was Mrs. Joe McIntyre in 7th & 8th grade. Yes I admit it. My brother called my room the shrine b/c I had them plastered all over the walls AND I had a Joe wall. I went to a concert where Marky Mark opened for them.

Hanging head in shame...;)

cmdunn1972
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Forget the Backstreet Boys (though they were cute too), but NKOTB was the original Boy Band! :)

You really had a thing going there back in the day. :) I assume that DH no longer has to compete with Joe... ;)

Corie
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM
My first concert ever was Bobbi Brown. I loved every
minute of it!! :)

cmdunn1972
09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
I liked his music, too, during the '80s. I have to say, though, that his obnoxious reality TV show made me lose all respect for him.