PDA

View Full Version : Come ON already.

punkrockmama
09-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm hitting the wall right now. I'm due next month and I want to give birth NOW. I wanna see my baby. I want to know who they are, what they look like. I'm dyin' to meet them.

I'm sick of saying "the baby". We decided to not find out the sex and I don't care for calling a baby it. And we didn't come up with any cute little nicknames like freddy the fetus or something.

I love being pg and really can't complain. But I want to hold my kid!

Even Peyton is rubbing my belly, whispering against it "Come out baby, I want to see you."

I was the same way with him. A few weeks before he was born I started getting really ansty.

Oooh, the suspense is killing me!!

buddyleebaby
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM
I only went to 37 weeks with my dd, and even though I only have less tahn two weeks to go now, I swear it is the loooooooooooongest two weeks ever.
If the baby is late I will lose my mind.

katiesmommy
09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I had to laugh at the "freddy the fetus" comment. A friend of mine miscarried mear weeks into her pregnancy, so they never found out the sex, but they called it(and continue to call it) CAMEL! Just had to share that with you.

sdoyle
09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Hang in there!!!! My DD turned 11 weeks today and your post just brought back a FLOOD of last month memories/emotions. That was me in May. I felt like the pregnancy had just flown by but that last month- uuuggghhh!!! At one point I told DH to call the Dr- the baby needed to come out NOW!!! He took me for Coldstone Creamery instead.

I'm sending quick birth vibes your way and hope you will be holding DC soon.

bcky2
09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
now your going to have me dying to find out if you have a boy or a girl. we didnt find out with our first one but i was sure that i was having a girl. I told all the nurses that i was sure the baby was a girl. So.... about 30 hours after i went into labor i give birth to a big BOY! i was overjoyed untill about 10 mins later says something about the baby and refers to the baby as a she??? i totally freaked out. it was just an error on her part because we were all thinking girl, girl, girl but for that split second i was really confused, lol. anyway i hope that your little one comes out soon, once he or she is ready :)

Jenn98
09-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I am right there with you and I will only be 25 weeks tomorrow! I don't wish it to come early, just for time to move faster. I'm so much more antsy/excited the second time around since I don't have all those new mom jitters and worries. I'm sure all will be fine, now can we fast forward 15 weeks and through labor to about 10 minutes after she pops out? Thanks.

JenniferMC1971
09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
This was me exactly a year ago! By today's date, I was 10 days overdue. I finally went into be induced on 9/13 in the evening and DD was born 9/14. 12 days late! I was going crazy! We didn't know if she was a boy or girl either. EVERYONE told me they thought I was having a boy. Ha ha, we surprised them (and ourselves!) Anyway, I know how you feel and hang in there - sending good thoughts your way.

-Jennifer, mom to Brigid, turning 1 on Thursday!

buddyleebaby
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I just saw on the news that Britney Spears had her baby today and she was due AFTER ME.
Not fair.

denna
09-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Im sorry but this post is awesome! :) You have no idea how much I felt the same way! I could not wait to see my DS, I would tell DH all the time that I just want to hold him now, and he was always like 'no he needs to stay in there til he's done!'. Hmmmph who is he to say this? Hes not the one w/ 30lbs of water retention and cankles over here?

Anyways sending you calming vibes...and heres to a healthy baby whenever he may come. :)

(hugs) I totally understand what your going through...

Denna

denna
09-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Oh Alicia! That is right I have not been on in SO long and I didnt even realize you are getting SO close! Sending good vibes your way!

(HUGS)

Denna

buddyleebaby
09-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Denna. Glad to "see" you around.

mariza
09-13-2006, 07:54 AM
You sound like me 2 weeks ago when my baby was 8 days late and I was finally induced. I know the waiting sucks; I hope you get to hold your new babe soon.
But just to play devils advocate let me remind you to enjoy these last few days with baby tucked safely inside. I am running on 2-4 hours of sleep a day. I swear that DD and DS coordinate to wake up screaming at the same exact second every morning.
Enjoy your peace and quite for the next few days and I hope you get to hold your baby soon!

punkrockmama
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
>I had to laugh at the "freddy the fetus" comment. A friend
>of mine miscarried mear weeks into her pregnancy, so they
>never found out the sex, but they called it(and continue to
>call it) CAMEL! Just had to share that with you..

I'm very sorry to hear your friend had a miscarraige. She sounds like a trooper with a good sense of humor if they're still calling it Camel. Do you know why on earth they came up with that?

punkrockmama
09-13-2006, 12:27 PM
>I just saw on the news that Britney Spears had her baby today
>and she was due AFTER ME.
>Not fair.

Yeah but Britters just decides when she wants to pop one out. Homegirl goes for the elective c-section. For no other reason that she heard from her mom that labor sucks. What a knucklehead.

punkrockmama
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks to you all for the well wishes and for being able to relate!

I am enjoying these last few weeks. Especially with Peyton. I know that no matter how hard I'll try he will get the short end now and again (in the beginning while I'm trying to figure this new person out). I'm going to miss it being just me and my angel butt. But I can't wait to meet Layla...or Quinn. :)

TraciG
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
that is so exciting to being so close to giving birth, well to you another month isn't close !!! How exciting that you don't know the sex ! Well I hope the next month flies by for you !

katiesmommy
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
No clue, my only attempt at guessing is that it was a combination of the boy/girl names they were going to use. I know if it was a boy they had planned to name it Cameron, that would be the Cam, not sure about the girl/el name though.

robinsonbn
09-14-2006, 01:12 AM
I know how you feel! It's like the last 9 months flew by the the cirlce of time or time continuem (sp) whatever you want to call it has just stopped. I keep hearing we are all excited but patience is a virtue but F that! Lol I want to hold my son, and kiss him, and watch him grow! I know this is normal but this is just torture!

MamaMolly
09-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm sooooo glad I'm not alone in this! Because my soon-to-arrive DD is an IVF pregnancy, we knew I was pregnant right away and I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER!!!!!! I want to hold her, play with her, touch her precious little self....

Plus we moved a few weeks again, so now I'm not working and time is standing still...and then DH is starting to make noises about the 'retail therapy' I've been indulging in, but hey, DD needs a crib, the crib needs a mattress, the mattress needs sheets...it's like the 'Give a Mouse a Cookie" book!

Gotta do something to keep from going nuts, right?? Sigh....

Molly