PDA

View Full Version : Will my naked/deck humiliation never end?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Two of the men who saw me bolt dripping wet from the tub while way pregnant were at my house today. The wall adjoining the patio is covered in white crud. I had hoped to never, ever see these guys again and now I've run into the crew leader at the gas station AND the whole crew installed my neighbors patio.( Hi Susan!!!) And to make matters worse, the "experts" couldn't tell me what this is. It has been occuring since the patio was completed and is disgusting looking. I finally got the manufacturer of the cultured stone to tell me that this is what is called efflorescence. The sodium that is used in the pavers or the sodium that is in the grout is being absorbed into the wall that the pavers abutt. The whole wall is covered in white fuzz. I could scrub it off but it would be back a couple days late. Supposedly this resolves itself once the mineral that is being transfered is depleted. We'll see. Yuck.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/goodtastenomoney/IMG_1837.jpg
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

elliput
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
The white stuff will eventually go away. As for the "mama-bear leaping out of the tub in front of the deck construction crew" incident? Well, the guys could all decide to move to New Jersey.

AngelaS
09-16-2006, 03:25 PM
The story still brings a smile to my face. I'm sure it does to theirs as well. You're such a good mommy to rescue the crying baby tho!!

cmdunn1972
09-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Poor you, Susan, for having to see those guys again!

Can the fuzz be power washed off of the wall with any success? It might be worth a try.

lizajane
09-16-2006, 11:48 PM
geography challenge, sept 16...

ummmmmmmmm, is it susan's wall??? did i get it? did i win?

elliput
09-17-2006, 11:31 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-17-2006, 05:34 PM
You can scrub it right off but it is back in two days.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

StantonHyde
09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep, the deck fuzz goes away eventually. If you live in a rainy area, it will go away faster. As for being pregnant and nekked in front of the construction guys--my contractor tells the following tale, which he says really taught him a lot about how women think :-)

So he goes into this guy's house cuz the guy said "come on in at 4:00 and we'll talk about the bid". The stereo is on loud and he calls out hello but doesn't see anybody. He is half way across the living room when he sees movement and realizes the very pregnant wife is dusting the bookshelves, naked. It's summer--it's hot. (then he tells me, oh yes, I think it's beautful. and I'm thinking that is NOT what she was thinking!) So he freezes--does he move or does he stand there? what if the husband finds him? He starts to back out of the room and the wife sees him moving, turns around, and screams. He high tails it outside. He saw her at a mutual friend's birthday party a year or so later and the first thing she says to him was, "I'm not that fat!" :-)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Rebecca, do you have first hand experience with the fuzz? I don't think it is very common?
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06