PDA

View Full Version : I Hate the Post Office!!

matthewsmom
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
I have to say that I think we have the worst post office in our area. I just go there because of the convenience. Not only do they rarely open on time but they are so slow. So that by the time that I get there, there are a ton of people in line even though it's only 9am. Anyway, now I've noticed that they are asking me a lot of questions, even though I tell them specifically that I only want first class mail and nothing else. The conversation goes like this:

Me: Can I have this package sent first class mail only. I don't need anything else because I'm in a hurry.

Mail Carrier: Would you like this express mail or priority?

Me: No. Like I said, first class only please.

MC: Would you be interested in insurance, delivery confirmation, yadada

Me: No first class mail please and nothing else. I am in a hurry.

MC: Would you like to buy other products such as postage, calling cards?

Me: NO, first class and that is it.

MC: How about money order?

Me: No.

It's so frustrating. They ask me this everytime even though I tell them specifically that I don't want it. It's worse than telemarketers. I really hate going there.

crl
09-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Yep. I hate the post office too! Different reasons, but I definitely feel your pain. Some post offices have a machine that you can use to do this sort of transaction if what you are mailing isn't too big. Maybe you can find one that has this.

Momof3Labs
09-18-2006, 08:00 PM
They have to ask you all of those questions. I know that it is frustrating, but I was told by a USPS counter worker that they frequently send secret shoppers through and there is trouble if the workers don't ask all of the required questions.

punkrockmama
09-18-2006, 10:02 PM
>They have to ask you all of those questions. I know that it
>is frustrating, but I was told by a USPS counter worker that
>they frequently send secret shoppers through and there is
>trouble if the workers don't ask all of the required
>questions.

Really? And the workers are aware of this? Wow, then the ones at my post office must want to get busted. Every single time I go there they are rude, rude, rude. I'm a pretty sunny person so I'm nice to people and they just act so miserable. I'm always like who poo'd in your cheerios this morning dude? It's not my fault you hate your job.

kellyotn
09-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Using their website is a great way to avoid going in! Its called Click n Ship. You can buy postage, print out a label on plain paper, tape it on and request the mail carrier pick it up! www.usps.gov or https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do for Click n Ship directly. Its a lifesaver!