PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've been forced to upgrade my cell

Radosti
10-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Our cell phones are over 2 years old. This was the first cell phone I LOVED. It's a Sony Ericsson Z500A and it always worked. Very few dropped calls, notification if it's disconnected (to avoid talking to dead air). Just all around a good phone. So, in the last couple of months, I've noticed it wigging out here and there. Overall, it still worked fine. It was just signs of it's life time coming to a close. DH doesn't talk on his phone half as much, so it's lasted longer.

So, last night it finally croaked. It gives me the grey screen of death (similar to the blue screen of death on the computer), while it's in the grey screen mode, it KILLS the battery and doesn't respond to any button pushing. I must take out the battery and put it back in, then turn on the phone again. At this point it will tell me to put in a SIM card (which is already in) and inform me that my battery is dead. Yeah, I know...

Once I get it working and charged, it works for several hours, then will randomly give me the same treatment. BAH!!!

So, I finally threw in the towel and went online to upgrade. I got the Sony Ericsson W300i with an MP3 player, FM radio, wireless internet and a bunch of other bells and whistles. It was 105 per phone (two of them), but we'll get $75 per phone in mail in rebates, for a final price of $29.99 per phone.

It's not that bad and I knew this day was coming. I just wasn't ready to upgrade just yet (I just went back to work and need to get my first paycheck first - I get paid once monthly). Plus, I hate being FORCED to upgrade. I was envisioning looking around for a while, comparing reviews and such. Not jumping online and looking up a review here and there, then clicking the order button.

Bah... OK, I'm done whining...

crl
10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow. I've never actually killed a cell phone. But I liked my first one best--best reception EVER. Sadly it did not work when we had to switch service providers due to lack of coverage in a particular area. Sorry to hear yours bit the dust. Hope the new one makes you happy.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-22-2006, 12:39 AM
So sorry that this happened to you.

My second phone died like yours did, it would not turn back on for anything, i did not even get a few hours. I went out the same day and got a new phone, but it was very hard not to have time to research and find a good deal.

This spring my phone got a virus- Treo 600. It is a virus that just attacks the screen and does not impact the use of the phone but they replaced it for free, and i was able to upgrade to the 650 for only $50. So this time i was very happy, although i had to wait a few weeks for them to get the new phone in.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061013/8QJ2.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/xZBrm7/.png[/img][/url]

Radosti
10-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I shouldn't complain, I still got a good deal on a great phone. I'm sure I'll be very happy with the new phone. I just didn't want to be cornered into upgrading.

Hmmm.... I have a dog (Eli) and a cat (Ari) both trying to sit in my lap right now... and the cat is winning. Guess I should go pay attention to them before the baby wakes up.